California Vacation-suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California Vacation-suggestions

Me and the family are headed to Los Angeles and then to San Diego CA in July for a week vacation. Boys and I are big baseball fans and my oldest, who plays college ball, has a life goal to visit all major league stadiums. We are going to a Dodgers game, Angels game, and then to a Padres game. Other than that our week is pretty open. Any suggestions on things we must see or do. My wife and oldest have been to Disney back in the day, and I have no desire to go to that. Looking for other things to put on the must do list. I have a big spread between ages of my kids. My oldest is 21 and my youngest is 12.

I'm sorry.

It will be super if you like to sit in traffic.

Should get some good responses here. I'm no help. Been to LA once and got the %$^# out of there as fast as I could. I do not care what other sights I missed. Cali can keep them

Comment

San Diego Zoo is top notch

Comment

LA is horrible. Skip Hollywood. It's a dump. The beach cities are cool. Malibu is out of the traffic. Manhattan Beach area is cool but very congested. Just going from the hotel to a store is a hassle.

I will suggest going to Catalina Island.

Best areas I have seen in California are Lake Tahoe, Big Bear and Catalina Island.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-17-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

There's a lot of stuff to do in LA if you can stand being there. Hard to get around.

SD is much easier to get around. Their fwy system was better thought out and less congested.

SD Wild Animal Park is nice. If you are out that way, might as well go to Stone Brewery for lunch. They have great food.

Comment

Just got back from Coranado Island, right across the bridge from San Diego. Very nice place. We took a couple of trolley tours and really enjoyed them. Went to La Jolla, to see the sea lions and shopping. Went to the San Diego Zoo, I definitely recommend that. I was very pleased how many different places to eat, with prices not much more than around here. Drove by Padre stadium, very nice, but was told not be out past dark in that area. Overall very clean, and for a fat boy like me the weather was great. In the high 60's everyday.

Comment

These are all San Diego based things but..

La Jolla Cove, Ho Chi Minh Trail, Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery, Sunset Cliffs, Balboa Park, Coronado dog beach, Hotel Del, Potato Chip Rock, have dinner in Old Town (I recommend Fred's Mexican Cafe)
              Attached Files

Comment

We went to Catalina Island a few months ago and really enjoyed it. We stayed in Newport Beach and really enjoyed the people and the area.

Comment

It’s a shame California is full of nut jobs, because it really is a beautiful place!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    LA is horrible. Skip Hollywood. It's a dump. The beach cities are cool. Malibu is out of the traffic. Manhattan Beach area is cool but very congested. Just going from the hotel to a store is a hassle.

I will suggest going to Catalina Island.

Best areas I have seen in California are Lake Tahoe, Big Bear and Catalina Island.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m heading to Palm Springs for my annual hammock trip then heading to the beach for a couple of days after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hang out on the beach in Malibu. The Ritz Carlton at Laguna, Gas lamp district in San Diego cool at night, Go up to Big Sur, Catarina, Do a boat tour of the harbor in S.D. , Coronada...I think California is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Granted the cities suck but with a little research there is much to do along the entire coast.

Comment

I generally Enjoy Laguna and Newport.

The Gas Lamp District has good food/nightlife.

Comment

La Brie tar pits is pretty cool, in general LA is a sh@thole and traffic is horrible. San Diego has some nice beaches and the zoo is awesome. I know it’s the wrong direction but Hwy 1 from LA to San Francisco is awesome.

Comment

Yosemite is about a 6hr drive from LA

Comment

The San Diego Zoo is probably one of the best in the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X