Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brushy Creek park kayak departure questions... Cedar Park...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Creek park kayak departure questions... Cedar Park...

I am wanting to put a kayak in Brushy Creek there by the park at Palmer Lane in the morning...provided work don't get in the way.

Looking at the map... wondering where the best place to put in is?????

i guess I can park down by the end of the parking lot close to palmer and drag the yak down to the water...

For those who have done it before ... any advice?

I NEED to get out and just chill on the water for a while...does the mind & soul a world of good.

thanx folks...

They had a small boat ramp by the dam side. Not sure how close you can park though. Been a while since we fished that side.

Comment

When they first opened it inside to catch a bunch of bass. It was also full of snakes then.

Comment

A friend of mine(now deceased) built the bridge at Palmer. He would go up the creek and catch some real nice bass in a john boat. That was before it was open to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx-Burt View Post
          They had a small boat ramp by the dam side. Not sure how close you can park though. Been a while since we fished that side.
          I saw that... looks like the closest place to launch.

Comment

I live about 2 miles up the road from there. Caught a lot of crappie but they tasted muddy not the same as Granger, G-town , or Sumerville. My neighbor caught some huge bass over by the ballfield side.

Comment

I am not gonna do any fishing...just some water time to chill. Listen to the birds and watch nature...

another time maybe...I will bring a fishing set up.

Comment

Watch that weather if you go tomorrow. Forecast is thunderstorms.

Comment

I think this will be your closest to the water. I live fairly close to that area but haven't been over there as much as I should.

Comment

Originally posted by Wellborn Papa View Post
                    Watch that weather if you go tomorrow. Forecast is thunderstorms.
                    yeah... Last I saw they were in the afternoon. Gotta get up by 5 for work... hope to be done by 6. want to get on the water by 7:30 and be home home by noon.

Comment

Closest entry, good luck if you decide to go fishing.

Comment

Well its morning. Curious if you put in at the ramp or somewhere else?

Comment

well... I stayed up way to late and got up at 5 for work to do some testing ...went back to sleep around 6. got in a few more hours of sleep.

I did go though...just later than intended. I put in a the dam. easy launch. Paddled up past the jogging hike/bike bridge. Water got real skinny. Just enough to turn around. Lots of folks out there.

But...all in all was good to get out.

Comment

Working...
                          X