Athlon Ares BTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Athlon Ares BTR

I’m looking for input from anyone who has used the 4.5-27 Ares BTR scope. I shot my first PRS style match last month and had an absolute blast. I’ve started looking at slowly upgrading my gear moving forward and could probably benefit from an optics upgrade at some point. I’m currently running a Vortex Viper HST 4-16x44. I felt like I was struggling with the right eye relief in several positions. The Ares would upgrade me to a zero stop, FFP, more magnification for longer shots, and what should be better glass clarity.

Would it be a good upgrade at $549? Is there anything else in that range that I could look at? Or would I be better served saving up for a while longer to get my budget up around $1,000 or so?

Look at snipers hide forums, tons of reviews on glass also a pretty big section on optics for sale. Heard nothing but good things about them and am looking to pick one up soon

Comment

I bought one last year, and have been happy with it. It was on my 308, and now my 6.5x47. For the price they are selling them for now, I don't think you can beat it. From what I hear, the Ares ETR is a really good upgrade from the BTR but they are $1200. If you can save up and get that, thats what I would do for getting into competitions. The turrets are supposed to feel alot better on the ETR.

Comment

Love my Ares. Was a great value at the original price. Now it’s even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

check with Garret at Alamo Precision. they have the Athalons

Comment

I'm running one on a shorty 223 bolt gun and have only dialed out to 550 but it always goes back to zero and has dang good glass. I bought mine on sale back in February (same price as the current sale)

Not sure how it compares to the vortex but the glass very good especially for the $

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
              check with Garret at Alamo Precision. they have the Athalons

This! The BTR is a good scope for the prices they are selling at now. That said, the ETR is a HUGE step up on several levels. It's absolutely worth the upgrade if you can get into it priced right. We can help with that last part, just give Garret a call.

Comment

Love mine. Going to move it to my valk soon and upgrade to the ETR for my PRS bolt gun.

Comment

Working...
                X