Crazy Weather - East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Weather - East Texas

Y’all be safe. We’ve had tornado warnings north & south of us. Lightning strike count is unbelievable. Hail scope on weather station at one point showed 3.5” hail

Where are you located? I've got family in Big Sandy, Lindale and Canton.

Comment

I’m in Whitehouse just southeast of Tyler. Warning earlier was south Tyler area & right now south of us a warning just east now of Jacksonville in Cherokee county

Comment

Missed Holly Lake!

Comment

Yeah it’s intense right now north of Mt Enterprise in Rusk County. Looks like more rotation development between Rusk & Alto

Comment

I knew it was going to rain but radar changed quickly! Seemed like once it was on top of us it strengthened a lot. 11 mature oak trees down, high fence down in 4 spots, cattle pasture fence down 140' and road access was blocked on 2 county roads. Not looking forward to next week clean up.

I'll post pics in a bit.

Comment

Pics of damage. Precinct 4 confirmed tornado this morning.

Positive note I found the first fawn this morning laying under a down tree. Hinge cutting made easy!
              Attached Files

Comment

Man, that sucks! Looks like you could make some extra money selling firewood now though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post

Positive note I found the first fawn this morning laying under a down tree. Hinge cutting made easy!
                  Man that sucks. That’s a big tree

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    Man that sucks. That’s a big tree
                    Yeah it does! There are 11 big trees down very similar in size and numerous 8"-12" Diameter. 4 of the larger ones are in the pics. Tons of firewood to be cut that's for sure.

Comment

Is this Henderson Co? Where from Athens are you located?

Comment

Caddo Mills took some strong wind, I had west side facing roof damage on my roof as well as the flashing ,and a split tree.. down the road a car ports tin was rolled like sardine lid

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                          Is this Henderson Co? Where from Athens are you located?
                          Yes Henderson County LaRue area

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post

That sucks. Dad told me today we lost some huge oaks and hickorys on our place in AnCo. Almost lost my favorite deer stand too.

Comment

Working...
                            X