Low Carb/Atkins/Keto Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Carb/Atkins/Keto Recipes

I've been doing this for about 2 weeks and am down close to 10 lbs but I am running out of variety. Let me know what yall are eating on this kind of diet.
    I bought a microwave steamer for veggies and fish. I also got a microwave omelet maker. The steamer works great for lunch at work and the omelet maker makes minimally sufficient omelets for breakfast.

Here are a couple of my favorites.

-Ground beef tacos with avocado and shredded cheese wrapped in a romaine leaf.

-Breakfast for dinner (eggs, sausage or bacon, etc.)

-Rotisserie chicken from HEB shredded and topped with spicy ranch and wrapped in a romaine leaf.

-Steamed veggies and smoked sausage link.

I've been doing a keto "kick start" plan...
    Breakfast is 2 slices bacon, 2 hard boiled eggs. I add tobasco.
    Lunch is 5 oz ground beef with sauteed onions and green bell pepper with seasoning to taste and steamed veggies.
    Dinner is two chicken thighs topped with mayo and more steamed veggies.
    Snacks are 1.5 oz blue diamond smoked almonds from Costco/Sams or pork rhinds.

Comment

one of my favorite meals or side dishes is spinach but on steroids. I will cook up a bunch of cut up bacon and sausage. Pour that into a pot along with spinach, cheese, butter, tomatoes or sun dried tomatoes (not a ton), red pepper flakes, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Oh man even the kids love it. That'll be a whole meal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
        I've been doing a keto "kick start" plan...
        Breakfast is 2 slices bacon, 2 hard boiled eggs. I add tobasco.
        Lunch is 5 oz ground beef with sauteed onions and green bell pepper with seasoning to taste and steamed veggies.
        Dinner is two chicken thighs topped with mayo and more steamed veggies.
        Snacks are 1.5 oz blue diamond smoked almonds from Costco/Sams or pork rhinds.
        I do the same. I keep a big container of mixed nuts in my desk drawer and grab a handful when needed.

Comment

I don't know any recipes, but my girl has become a savant at keto cooking over that last few yrs. We are not so much about keto, just healthy eating in general.
          Some strictly keto things that come to mind, that really impressed me..
          Bisque of all sorts
          Cloud bread
          Avacado pudding
          Cookies of every kind imaginable.
          Spaghetti made with squash
          Cauliflower Steak
          Cauliflower pizza crust
          Cauliflower mashed potatoes
          Zucchini ravioli
          Avacado deviled eggs
          Zucchini enchiladas
          Zuchina lasagna
          Chicken fried steak, substituting pork rinds for bread crumbs. Can be used on a lot of things.
          Basically anything you can imagine can be made keto in some way, and you can eat every bit as good as non-keto.

Comment

I found after doing the keto diet for a few weeks I just don't eat as much as i normally do.. i eat sausage and eggs during the day or for breakfast .. bringing lunch to work is the biggest problem.. sometimes I grill hamburger patties and just eat that. Or sausage.. I had to learn to eat out of necessity vs pleasure.. that was the hardest part. Now I can go 18 hours before i feel hungry. I've lost and kept 35 lbs off for a little over a year.. once I got to me target weight I started cheating a little and still maintained my weight.

Comment

When I was doing keto my favorite thing was pork egg roll in s bowl .

Comment

I think that is one of the biggest things... Call it marketing or old fashioned or whatever... Gotta get out of the 3 meals a day with snacks. It's weird to see how much we used to eat. We went and hung out with family and had lunch at 2, small snacks at 5, dinner around 7...why do we need that much food? But that's what we grew up doing. Hard to break the cycle but keto helps... I haven't had lunch all week and haven't been hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  I think that is one of the biggest things... Call it marketing or old fashioned or whatever... Gotta get out of the 3 meals a day with snacks. It's weird to see how much we used to eat. We went and hung out with family and had lunch at 2, small snacks at 5, dinner around 7...why do we need that much food? But that's what we grew up doing. Hard to break the cycle but keto helps... I haven't had lunch all week and haven't been hungry.
                  I grew up in a family that went for 2nds or 3rds and you ate everything on your plate.. that's a hard habit to break.

Comment

They have some really good tortillas made from spinach that stays under your carb count to roll stuff up in,

Comment

Brussel sprouts has become one of our favorites. Chop up a bunch of thick sliced bacon, cook until crisp then remove from pan, toss in halved Brussel sprouts and cook in bacon grease until they get charred up a bit. Add some beef broth or soy sauce and red pepper flakes, toss bacon back in. Cook a few more minutes and serve. We eat it at least once a week with some grilled chicken or pork chop or steak ... You can also add some sliced onions for a variant.

Mashed cauliflower is another one. Steam cauliflower florets in microwave. Add to food processer. Add a splash of cream, big spoon of sour cream, a tablespoon of butter, a good handful of sharp cheddar, fresh cracked pepper, and salt to taste. Puree in food processor until smooth. Excellent side for choice of grilled meat or roto chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                        I grew up in a family that went for 2nds or 3rds and you ate everything on your plate.. that's a hard habit to break.
                        Sounds like my house growing up

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
                          Brussel sprouts has become one of our favorites. Chop up a bunch of thick sliced bacon, cook until crisp then remove from pan, toss in halved Brussel sprouts and cook in bacon grease until they get charred up a bit. Add some beef broth or soy sauce and red pepper flakes, toss bacon back in. Cook a few more minutes and serve. We eat it at least once a week with some grilled chicken or pork chop or steak ... You can also add some sliced onions for a variant.

Mashed cauliflower is another one. Steam cauliflower florets in microwave. Add to food processer. Add a splash of cream, big spoon of sour cream, a tablespoon of butter, a good handful of sharp cheddar, fresh cracked pepper, and salt to taste. Puree in food processor until smooth. Excellent side for choice of grilled meat or roto chicken.

I am eating the heck out of brussel sprouts. I steam them with broccoli and asparagus and eat those with a link of sausage. I think I will try your recipe with bacon tonight. Cauliflower mash sounds good too.

Comment

Cheap roast in slowcooker, add pepperocini peppers, juice and peppers. Add spices
                            Yum

Shrimp scampi-https://www.staysnatched.com/keto-red-lobster-shrimp-scampi/

1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
                            1 teaspoon McCormick’s Montreal Chicken Seasoning
                            salt and pepper to taste
                            1 teaspoon olive oil
                            3 garlic cloves, minced
                            3 tablespoons butter, microwave for 15 seconds to soften
                            1 cup white wine, use dry white wine with little sugar I used Pinot Grigio (If strict keto use chicken broth or vegetable broth)
                            ½ lemon, juice of
                            1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
                            1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
                            1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
                            chopped parsley to garnish

Instructions

Season the shrimp with the chicken seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
                            Heat a skillet on medium-high heat.
                            Add the olive oil to the skillet with the shrimp.
                            Cook both sides of the shrimp for a total of 3-4 minutes until the shrimp turns bright pink.
                            Remove the shrimp from the skillet.
                            Add the garlic to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
                            Add the white wine, fresh lemon juice,Italian Seasoning, and optional red pepper flakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes. The wine sauce will start to bubble.
                            Lower the heat and cook for 2 additional minutes
                            Add the butter to the skillet. Allow it melt.
                            Add the shrimp back to the pan. Allow the dish to cook for 1-2 minutes.
                            Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese and parsley.

Comment

1/4 backstrap. Split the top and add cream cheese with sweet jalapeño relish mixed it. Wrap with bacon and toss it on the pellet grill to 150ish degrees. Put in oven on broil to crisp the bacon. Very good !

Comment

Working...
                              X