6mm creedmoor????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6mm creedmoor????

What's everyones thoughts on this caliber...Looking to build another rifle and this one kind of peaked my interest.....Will be mostly used for target shooting and maybe a hog or coyote every now and then....

curious myself

Comment

.240 ? I am interested to hear as well. I own a .243 and it is a tack driver @ distance as long as it’s not overly windy or high gusts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

compare it to a 243 win, not much difference

Comment

Got one coming in APR build. About the same as .243 AI.

Comment

My APR TBH special being built is a 6mm CM. Basically a 243 set up to shoot long range. Faster twist than factory 243s. Good heavy 24 cal factory ammo available.

Comment

My Browning X Bolt in 6.5 is fantastic. I love the round.

Comment

From the limited information I've rec'd, it's the ability to shoot a larger bullet than 100gr with 243/244/6mm at fair distances with accuracy.

My own experience with 244/6mm Rem is it will not shoot any bullet above 100gr with any load as accurately as it will shoot 100gr (very accurately).

Comment

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
                  My Browning X Bolt in 6.5 is fantastic. I love the round.
                  He's asking about the 6mm CM

Comment

my Brother has killed Mule Deer,Whitetail ,Hogs and coyotes with his,Said its the best shooting gun he has ever owned.He never hunts with his 3006 or 243 anymore

Comment

It’s performance is almost identical to a 243. Where it’s advatage lies is in factory offerings. The rifles are barreled with a faster twist to run heavier projectiles. I run 108 gr ELDMs with excellent results. I’ve stretched mine to 1250 so far. A 243 is capable of the same, but they’re slower twists from the factory, and offer lighter projectiles. You have to hand load to take advantage of the 243.

Comment

Check our RIP Precision Rifles on facebook. He's been building 6mm rifles for a long time.

Comment

I shoot the 103 gn eldx in mine, it’s my thermal setup. The pigs hate it. I like it due to almost no recoil and I can keep the animal in my sight picture. It’s pretty fast, and speed kills.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                            I shoot the 103 gn eldx in mine, it’s my thermal setup. The pigs hate it. I like it due to almost no recoil and I can keep the animal in my sight picture. It’s pretty fast, and speed kills.
                            I'm a big fan of the 178gr ELDX for my 308

Comment

My thoughts are if you put the word creedmoor behind any caliber people will buy it

And yes I have a 6.5

Comment

Working...
                              X