X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Frickin' Believe This Ranch!!!

El Quinto Ranch - http://elquintoranch.com/

Owner is Scott Mandel.

A buddy I grew up with married this girl, and her uncle has this ranch. I arranged to take some Wounded Warriors (3 Marines) down there tomorrow to shoot some hogs/predators and maybe some spike/doe for meat... Well I get the text message just a few minutes ago and my buddy said he just got word that they're cancelling the hunt because of a corporate thing going on there. THIS WOUNDED WARRIOR HUNT WAS ARRANGED FOR A FEW WEEKS ALREADY!!!

So I go in total panic mode and start scrambling to find a place to take these Marines. Thank goodness that a good friend that has a ranch out in Utopia area answered my call and said "Sure bring those fellers on out. I have some 8's I need shot."

I'm still so PO'd that the "Ranch" did that to some Wounded Warriors the day before.... So the reason of this thread is to let everyone on here that the El Quinto Ranch did this and put them on blast.

UNFRICKIN' SAT in my book!

I was just about to put a thread up asking for help with this, but my buddy saved me.

I'll be sure to take pictures and put them up on here for ya.

Whew!

Care to give a little more details? Did you speak to them directly?

Comment

glad you got them squared away at the last minute. good luck to ya'll!

Comment

I'd call and see what's up!

If it's true don't think they'll have many TBHer's going out there!
        Last edited by BowCrazy; 01-02-2014, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Wow

Comment

El Quinto Ranch will never get my buisness!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Care to give a little more details? Did you speak to them directly?
              I spoke with the owner once on the phone awhile back about taking hunters out there. Then after that my hometown buddy (married to owners niece) talked with him directly and squared this away over 3 weeks ago. My buddy was in steady contact with the owner these past few weeks, heck just a couple days ago they got rain down there and wanted me to know if they were mobile or needed a wheelchair and passed the info to them.

My buddy got word from the owners wife that due to some corporate thing they can't do it this weekend, and I'm picking up the Marines before noon tomorrow. If it was just me then I wouldn't sweat it and just hunt elsewhere, but to pull this the day before on wounded veterans....????? You just bought yourself a bad rap from me and anyone that I can pass the word to....

Ticks me off like you wouldn't believe that someone would do that to them. No wonder they only had a couple of paid hunters there this season... I'll never hunt there or send anyone near that ranch!

Comment

**** there prices are pretty high... See what they charge for dove hunting???

Comment

Wow, that ain't right!

Comment

I hope the new arrangements work out for y'all
                    Tell the marines WhoooooooRah!

Comment

shame

Comment

Ya their prices are high. I was only going to kick them some money for food and lodging this weekend.

I could tell my buddy was scared to tell me but I'm glad he did with enough time to line something else up.

I talked with the owner before and he does some government contracting work and just bought this ranch and just dropped over $2 million on the lodge alone.

Guess I gotta get on the phone and tell the Marines that plans have changed and I'm taking them out to Utopia. No biggie to them, as long as they get out there and enjoy themselves. That's all I care about...

Comment

You sure your buddy didn't get dates wrong? I hate to blast a place that may be a great place to take WW. I'm guessing they donated the hunt?

Comment

Was it through the official WWP??

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              You sure your buddy didn't get dates wrong? I hate to blast a place that may be a great place to take WW. I'm guessing they donated the hunt?
                              No date mixup... THEY LEFT THEM HIGH AND DRY! Period! I'm a former Marine working overseas and I like to do this when I'm home on leave.

Originally posted by El Coyote View Post
                              Was it through the official WWP??
                              Yes, I went to BAMMC (Fort Sam Houston) and went to the Wounded Warrior Recreational Building and set this up through one of their MSgt.'s on location.

Comment

Working...
                              X