Shotgun shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shotgun shells

For those of you that go through a lot of shells each month, where do you get them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're (wife and son) going thru about 400 rounds a month. I have a close friend with a gun shop or a school we practice with orders by the pallet from manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My son goes through 800-1,200 rounds a month through the school's clay shooting team. They did a bulk buy at beginning of year direct from manufacture. It saved about $4 a case, but every bit helps. We have since ran out and now buy them at local gun range and they give a little bit of a discount for students. He will burn through 4 cases this weekend at the competition shoot.

Comment

When I used to shoot several thousand rounds on sporting clays either got by pallet or bought 50 cases when Academy would have their dove season sale on.

Comment

I get mine through Able Ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
            My son goes through 800-1,200 rounds a month through the school's clay shooting team. They did a bulk buy at beginning of year direct from manufacture. It saved about $4 a case, but every bit helps. We have since ran out and now buy them at local gun range and they give a little bit of a discount for students. He will burn through 4 cases this weekend at the competition shoot.

This is how my son’s team buys ammo. Not a huge discount but it helps and you nailed it- every bit helps.

I watch academy sales and clearance regularly. Last week they have target ammo for 4.99 a box and I had a $10 off card. Earlier this year- they had $20 off a $100 purchase, which was used on the cheapest ammo they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Excuse my shotgun ignorance, but what I am hearing here is the cheapest shells are good enough for practicing
              What do you use in competition. ?
              When I hunt doves once or twice a year,
              I generally a hunting load that may or may not be the cheapest

Any advise on 20 gauge loads for doves at a tank?

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                Excuse my shotgun ignorance, but what I am hearing here is the cheapest shells are good enough for practicing

What do you use in competition. ?

When I hunt doves once or twice a year,

I generally a hunting load that may or may not be the cheapest

We generally shoot the same at practice as we do in shoots.

What we dove hunt with isn't always the cheapest but not as expensive as comp bullets. My dove 20 ga load is normally 7/8oz 7 1/2s rios.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post

Any 7/8 oz or 1 oz load in 7.5 or 8 will be fine over a tank.

I like the Rios although Academy recently clearanced out all their 1 oz loads and don't carry them anymore....well for now. Bought 7 cases of my favorite 7.5s at $5/box last month. But they do carry them in the 7/8oz still...

If I don't drop to the 7/8oz, I'll shoot the Remington ShurShots. They always go on sale in August... We have a lot of Eurasians where I hunt so I like the extra pellets in the air of the 1 oz.

Comment

Don't know how many rounds you purchase at one time but you might try J&S Wholesale.

I get emails from them all the time for pallet and 1/2 pallet sales. You have to deliver to a business but they pay the freight.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190614_091945.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	24583143

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190614_091920.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	24583144

Here are a couple of screen prints from the email I got on Wednesday from J&S Wholesale.

It comes out to be about $0.24 per shell.

They sell many other brands including Remington, Winchester, and Rio.
                      Last edited by turkeyhunter1; 06-14-2019, 08:28 AM.

Comment

i shoot about 1000 rounds/month...
                        Foundry Outdoors has good pricing on Winchester AA, my local gun club is Aguila dealer and i will buy my practice rounds from them...
                        Every now and then Midway has a sale on the Remington Nitro27 Handicap...

Comment

Originally posted by turkeyhunter1 View Post
                          Don't know how many rounds you purchase at one time but you might try J&S Wholesale.

I get emails from them all the time for pallet and 1/2 pallet sales. You have to deliver to a business but they pay the freight.

http://www.jswholesaleinc.com/
                          Do they charge sales tax?

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                            I get mine through Able Ammo.
                            x2

Comment

Working...
                            X