Vx5HD vs VX6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vx5HD vs VX6

I have a 2-12 vx6 and I kinda accidentally bought a vx5HD 2-10 on eBay haha curious how they compare.

I was told by a sales person at Sport Optics that they have the same glass and the differences were in the included flip up aluma caps, built in leveling system, zero lock also on the windage knob.

Comment

If you're referring to the older VX6, the non HD, than I believe the new HD glass is much better.
      I have a VX6 2-12 and a VX5HD 3-15x56mm and the VX5HD has better glass overall. And the new CDS dial is way better.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
        If you're referring to the older VX6, the non HD, than I believe the new HD glass is much better.
        I have a VX6 2-12 and a VX5HD 3-15x56mm and the VX5HD has better glass overall. And the new CDS dial is way better.
        Yes. I don’t have a vx6hd. The vx5 I got doesn’t have cds. It’s going on a 22 anyway so I don’t need it

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Yes. I don’t have a vx6hd. The vx5 I got doesn’t have cds. It’s going on a 22 anyway so I don’t need it

Which VX5hd did you get?

Comment

2-10x42 with a duplex reticle

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              2-10x42 with a duplex reticle

Oh nice. That’ll be great for a 22. I really like the low light performance from my VX5hd

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                Oh nice. That’ll be great for a 22. I really like the low light performance from my VX5hd
                I didn’t really go after it. I bid cheap an bam. Haha. It’ll work!!

Comment

If it's a VX-5HD and doesn't have CDS with zero lock...................there are a lot of fake Leupolds floating around.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
                    If it's a VX-5HD and doesn't have CDS with zero lock...................there are a lot of fake Leupolds floating around.
                    Leupold offers the VX5HD 2-10x42 with and without CDS.

Comment

It’s real.

Comment

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
                        Leupold offers the VX5HD 2-10x42 with and without CDS.
                        I saw that after posting. Disadvantage with that model on a .22 is no parallax adjustment. Not a big deal unless you like to shoot little groups.

Comment

I saw that after posting. Disadvantage with that model on a .22 is no parallax adjustment. Not a big deal unless you like to shoot little groups.
                          As was said before it was kinda on accident haha. I’ll probably move a trijicon 2.5-10 on it that’s on another one. Or swap a 2-12 vx6 out with the vx5. Gotta love options!!

Comment

Working...
                          X