• Show
Clear All

3/30/2019 Update

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3958 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	24575755

The North fence is basically completed. About 4-5 more weeks and everything should be finished.

Comment

Exciting times!! I can’t wait to see what you can do when you have a better control of the herd.

Comment

Looking good. Do you plan on black walling that fence so people cannot see into the green field? I assume that is a county road.

Comment

It’s a private easement for the landowner that has high fenced his property as well. We were thinking about planting some tall grasses or trees to help break it up.
          Last edited by bgleaton; 04-03-2019, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Congrats on getting the fence going. It will only help with your endeavor of growing big bucks. You guys are doing everything right. How many acres will you be high fencing? Any thought of blackbuck or axis once the fence is up? Congrats again.

Comment

We are high fencing right at 365 acres total bc we didn’t want the high fence to go down all the way to the San Saba river and have to deal with that. We are thinking of stocking some blackbucks this year but aren’t sure about axis since they tend to dominate feeders. We really want to try to grow some big native bucks so fingers crossed.

Comment

Have enjoyed this thread. I actually just started reading it today and read the whole thing. Y’all are doing to your place what i will do with my place some day except the high fence. I completely understand why your doing it though. Looking forward to the progress and keeping up with the thread.

Comment

The future is bright, love the fence. Id plant hat front field the neighbor see in vetch and hope it rains. You wont have to worry about what the neighbor sees if you do.....

Comment

Is that an Armando fence? If so tell him Will said hello.....

Comment

Craig Miller is the gentleman who is high fencing our property. We have been very pleased with he and his crew. Very nice guys!

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                        We decided to try and use the feed wagons from Jacoby's feed but they didn't have any 20% protein so we used their 16% protein. We filled our protein feeders with Jacoby's 16% protein on 3/2/19 and they are still around 75% full and our cottonseed feeders are about the same. Is anyone else experiencing low protein and cottonseed consumption? I know there's a lot of native forage out there but this is crazy low consumption. Just curious if any of you guys are experiencing the same thing.
                        Just got back from another lease trip. Little to no protein use. Gobblers have lockjaw. 😏

Comment

Looking Great!!

Comment

Originally posted by SV72 View Post
                            Just got back from another lease trip. Little to no protein use. Gobblers have lockjaw. 😏
                            Same here

Comment

Thanks for the updates guys on the protein consumption!

We purchased a coyote trapping kit, 12 snares and 6 raccoon traps. Hoping to help our fawn, Turkey, and quail recruitment.

Here’s the link to the coyote trapping kit:
                              The Coyote Trapping Starter Kit is designed to quickly and easily get you started trapping coyotes. Buy coyote traps and trapping kits at F&T trading post!

We’ve got a lot to learn on how to trap coyotes. I’ll post pictures of setups and our success stories.

Comment

Our coon activity is always like a rollercoaster. We won’t see many and then all off a sudden they are everywhere. This past go round of pictures showed them to be very active. They are such a nuisance, but it is so hard to control them when you don’t live on the property.

Comment

Working...
                                X