2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
    I’m considering the same. Do you have any numbers on expected velocities?

Who will color match your scope? What are your color choices?

I need to see pics of the mesquite/prickly pear green I read about.
    I’m gonna order my scope through Leupolds custom shop. You can pick your color and stuff. As for the barrel length I’m seeing guys getting 2900 out of 20 inch barrels with handloads. I’m probably gonna go with a 22 inch barrel and get that little extra time for the power to burn and velocity.

Comment

Originally posted by OKFF610 View Post
      I’m gonna order my scope through Leupolds custom shop. You can pick your color and stuff. As for the barrel length I’m seeing guys getting 2900 out of 20 inch barrels with handloads. I’m probably gonna go with a 22 inch barrel and get that little extra time for the power to burn and velocity.
      2900 out of a 20” would be standing on it pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        2900 out of a 20” would be standing on it pretty good
        The guy That has gotten 2900 had done with R26 which is hard to come by right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
          Guys, I was really interested in the brown camo that AG Composites offers but they didn't have many pictures on there page so I sent them a email asking for some additional pictures. Matt just sent me these. The first 2 show the carbon and is called Carbon desert night camo, the second 2 pictures don't show the carbon and is just called desert night camo. I will be going with the Carbon Desert Night!

Sweet baby Jesus that’s the one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
            Good choice! It's about my favorite so far too. I see an extra one being slipped in with the TBH order
            I believe this is my choice as well.
            I’d love to see just a splash of the right shade of green thrown in though!

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
              Good choice! It's about my favorite so far too. I see an extra one being slipped in with the TBH order
              How do you think it will look with the carbon barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by OKFF610 View Post
                The guy That has gotten 2900 had done with R26 which is hard to come by right now.

Any houston area guys looking for reloder 26, the carters country near 59 and beltway has some. I picked up a pound yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
                  [ATTACH]943967[/ATTACH]

Now I just need a rifle !!!!
                  You hit the lottery! I've resigned to the first rounds being factory since brass is so scarce.

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
                    Any houston area guys looking for reloder 26, the carters country near 59 and beltway has some. I picked up a pound yesterday
                    dang, you coming to Frisco?

Comment

I'll be coming to Hurst, but it will be a few months!!

Comment

Stick 1, what experience do you have with APRs chambered in 270 Win? I have never really seen much on tack driver accuracy with the 270 so am interested in any APR builds that you have seen.

Comment

some good new bullets out in .277 should be a FUN BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by venado View Post
                            Stick 1, what experience do you have with APRs chambered in 270 Win? I have never really seen much on tack driver accuracy with the 270 so am interested in any APR builds that you have seen.
                            This is my APR 270 win. Factory loaded 130 gr Nosler Accubonds. I'm not a bench rest type of shooter either. I'm sure handloads would be better.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by venado View Post
                              I have a Tikka T3X 270 win that makes ragged holes at 100yd with Nosler 130bt

Comment

So the next APR TBH special will be a heavy long range rig??? If so I’m saving up already...

Comment

Working...
                                X