The new Rolex GMT all Steel “Pepsi”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    I love it! Bought a new watch in Germany flying back from my Europe hunt.....that may be on my list!!!

Bwahahahahahaa!!! U nailed it, cost is relative based on where someone is on the pyramid of finances.

You are making an assumption that the watches are his only investment. As many on here, most tend not to have all their eggs in one basket. Diversification is imperative once you have exhausted the usual suspects.
    Very familiar with the benefits of a diversified portfolio. That said, I would venture to guess that MOST financial advisors would not advise on buying Rolexes as a mode of diversification. If you are a watch trader/jeweler or a multimillionaire, then maybe I understand it. However, most investors I know wouldn’t trade diversification for an investment tool that delivers a return half that of inflation.

I think most Rolex owners (myself included) would say they bought a Rolex because they wanted one and because they can. That’s it.

AGAIN, not bashing Rolexes or their owners. I just can’t see the reasoning in calling them an investment tool unless you had exhausted about 50,000+ of the other “usual suspects” in investing. Just my $.02 though.

Comment

What is it about TBH and watches? I will never understand the correlation between bow hunting and jewelry.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
        Very familiar with the benefits of a diversified portfolio. That said, I would venture to guess that MOST financial advisors would not advise on buying Rolexes as a mode of diversification. If you are a watch trader/jeweler or a multimillionaire, then maybe I understand it. However, most investors I know wouldn’t trade diversification for an investment tool that delivers a return half that of inflation.

I think most Rolex owners (myself included) would say they bought a Rolex because they wanted one and because they can. That’s it.

AGAIN, not bashing Rolexes or their owners. I just can’t see the reasoning in calling them an investment tool unless you had exhausted about 50,000+ of the other “usual suspects” in investing. Just my $.02 though.
        That was me bought it because I wanted it and I can that’s it.

Originally posted by SmallTownHunter View Post
        What is it about TBH and watches? I will never understand the correlation between bow hunting and jewelry.
        Lots of stuff is talked about “around the campfire”.. Be pretty boring if it was only hunting

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          I’ll never understand why some feel the need to interject their opinion on a way a man spends his money. It’s his money, why do you care ? If you disagree just hit the BACK BUTTON.
          Yup

Comment

CNN and Kimmel are interjecting their opinions on Trump and Stormy....I wish they had a back button to press because personally....I don't give a rat's arse what he did in his personal life before becoming our POTUS.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
              LOL, that's funny Uncle Saggy. I don't know many folks on here that have a back button.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Very true

Comment

We’re “around the camp [emoji91]”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Then why even open a thread where the title tells you it is going to be about premium watches if you have no interest?

Comment

The original Pepsi Rolex GMT. I have the original band in the safe.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                      The original Pepsi Rolex GMT

It finally shows its face !! Very nice, give us some history.

Comment

serious question BS..you take Bitcoin / ripple?

Comment

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
                          I do a blog post once a week on my site. Read about the Rolex DeepSea “JamesCameron”

The passion is real guys !!

Rock. Freaking. Solid. The Rolex Deepsea is about as tough as it gets for a fine watch. If you’re looking...

Nice watch. Do you have any pics or video of the diver/divers that tested out its 12,800 resistant claims?

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                            You're missing the point. This wasn't truck vs expensive watch, this was expensive truck vs expensive watch. My argument with a 70K truck was specifically referring to the amount you'd spend on luxury upgrades to get to 70K, vs a base model with the same engine, tranny, and suspension. You don't need a moon roof, chrome trim, or an LCD touch screen in your truck to haul things or get to work, but they're nice to have, which makes them luxuries. How you spend your money on luxuries is up to you, but it's dumb to criticize someone for doing so given that many of us spend obscene amounts of money on extras for our vehicles, or hunting trips, or boats, or rifles (guilty).

As for people wearing 10K watches and driving 5K vehicles...I was willing to spend $6500 on a single rifle, but drive a jeep that can't be worth more than $3000. Could I afford a $50K truck and a rolex? Yep. But my jeep still runs and gets me from point A to point B, and my g-shocks suits me just fine. People have different priorities, especially when it comes to luxuries.

A 250 or 350 base model is **** near 70k for a truck now a days. My point is what is a 10k watch vs a 50 dollar watch? They both tell time. You get shiny diamonds with a rolex? What are the luxury upgrades other than a name? Does the watch offer luxury perks like your example of luxury trucks? As fas as i know the only difference between a rolex and a timex is
                            Name and durability i hope. In that case your truck example does not correlate. People get lots of perks for upgrades on a vehicle. What perks does something that tells time do?

Im a cheap skate, i dont do hunting guide trips etc. I do western hunts at diy no guide as i cant justify 5k to 7k for odds not much better than myself. So maybe im the wrong guy for this stuff but i like to look at practicality of an object or service

What are the perks of a luxury watch other than a vain attempt to get in a **** measuring contest and show off how much money you can spend on nonessential items

Comment

Im sorry for derailing yalls fun time. I shouldnt have clicked on thread. Im going to look for other hunting sites that talk hunting or becoming a better archer. Is bloodsport even a sponsor on this site

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                                Im sorry for derailing yalls fun time. I shouldnt have clicked on thread. Im going to look for other hunting sites that talk hunting or becoming a better archer. Is bloodsport even a sponsor on this site
                                Bye

Comment

Working...
                                X