Best 3/4 ton Gasser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 3/4 ton Gasser

Anyone drive a gas 3/4 ton and have any opinions. I don't pull often but have needed a 3/4 ton a few times but don't really think i need a diesel. Just trying to get a feel from gas 3/4 ton owners

2017 GMC Denali HD w/ 6.0 - Love it - Plenty of power for what I use it for. Mostly empty driving, but pull our boat throughout the summer months. Only reason I bought a 3/4 ton HD was for the additional life that is expected out of these 2500 HD trucks compared to the 1500 trucks.

Comment

Don't have a new one but still driving an 07 f250 with the 5.4 in it. Been a great truck and done everything a 3/4 ton should be able to do with no problems. It isn't a diesel by any means but for pulling boat, 4 horse trailer, car hauler, 30ft camper it has been great. And for everyday around the house work it is perfect. No need for a massive diesel when all it is used for most of the time is extra bed space. Now there have been a handful of times a diesel would have been nice but not worth the cost of one for a handful of times.

If I we're going to be buying a f250 or 2500 size truck no need to put a diesel in it. Now once you step up to the 1 ton class you need that diesel to keep up with the rest of the truck.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

15 Ram with the 6.4 Hemi. Great for what I need. Im in the same boat as you, and only tow heavy every once in a while. I even made due for a few years with a half ton, but like having the ability to tow what I want to when I want to without borrowing, so I went back to a 2500 a couple years ago. I love my truck, but do wish that I had 4.10 gears in it. Not that I NEED them for towing, but because the newer 2500s are so tall I like running a flatbed, which adds considerable weight, and I plan on increasing tire size in the future. I think the lower gear ratio would be better suited for how I drive, as opposed to the 3.73s I have now. Other than that, no complaints from me. Even the fuel mileage on the stock pickup was very respectable. Regularly got 15-16 before the flatbed, which is amazing for a 4wd 2500 long bed, IMO.
        Last edited by Bucksaw; 10-01-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I drive a 2013 3/4 ton chevy. Pulls like a champ, but gas milage sucks, with or without a trailer.

Comment

Toyota Tundra, get some airbags in the back and your set.

Comment

I've got a 2018 F250 with the 6.2 gas engine. I love it. I didn't need a diesel either so that why I got it. I'm a Ford truck guy anyway.

Comment

A few months ago i bought a '14 F250 XLT, 4 wd, extended cab. 5.0 engine. Great truck. 10 MPG. I couldn't afford to drive it. Plus i hated the ride. Took a big hit and traded it for a 1/2 ton.

Comment

I just bought a 2015 2500HD chevy with the 6.0. It ain't a diesel That's for sure but it gets the job done. Mileage sucks loaded or empty but it's a 3/4 ton truck. I pull some pretty heavy loads with it also.

Comment

I've got a 2015 Ram 2500 6.4 4x4. I can get close to 16 running 34"s. I have no regrets not going with a diesel. I only occasionally pull anything substantial, don't hot rod around, and wanted a 3/4 ton. Only thing I would have done different is 4.10 instead of 3.73, but they are next to impossible to find on a lot. The truck isn't a dog by any means, but the lower gears would help it in town.

Comment

Love my 2017 Ram 2500 with the 6.4 Hemi, have 65,000 on it already. I have two customers that run the 6.4 in their fleet and many of them with 300+K HARD miles on them! The rest of the truck might fall apart, being a Dodge and all, but only time will tell... I'm happy with my choice a year later.

Comment

Had an 01 with the 6.0. Put 265k on it. Great truck. Traded it for an 03!dirty max with 120k on it or I’d still be driving it

Comment

I've been watching these threads... I'm in the market myself and only tow the boat and anything for work is generally not all that heavy.

I thought about a power wagon but I think I'm either going F250 or GMC(chevy if the deal is right.. I like the newer GMC front ends better.) in a crew cab short bed 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                            I just bought a 2015 2500HD chevy with the 6.0. It ain't a diesel That's for sure but it gets the job done. Mileage sucks loaded or empty but it's a 3/4 ton truck. I pull some pretty heavy loads with it also.
                            Got a the same year and engine....

It gets the job done.

I do not check the mpg

Comment

Best 3/4 ton Gasser

I had a 2015 GMC 2500 Z71 with 6.0 and now have a 2018 Chevy Z71 with same engine. Pull a HUGE load with it every couple of months to fill feeders out west. Not best gas mileage, but the 6.0 is rock solid with plenty power. I just sold my 2002 Chevy 2500 w 6.0 and it had a quarter million miles on it and still running strong.

24’ trailer with 4K pounds of feed, mule, quad, and 2 quad trailers and run 70-75 MPH.
                              Last edited by TXBRASS; 10-01-2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X