DIY stand and fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY stand and fill

Well I decided to build some new stand and fill feeders to replace our barrel feeders and can build then cheaper than you can buy them. We got tired of having to climb up, and we are not getting any younger. These stand 6 feet tall, and the feeder chamber is 24X24X36. We are reusing our all seasons spiners with eliminator spin plates. They are built out of 18 gauge sheet metal, and 1.5 inch angle and sealed up with seam sealer. We hope to have these hold about 500.

how much will it hold? How much you got into it in material?

Comment

looks good

Comment

Subscribed...been thinking about buying materials and doing the same type of build. In for material costs.

Comment

[emoji106]

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

How do you cut the angles on the top of your legs? I tried the other day with my chop saw and couldn't figure out how to cut angle iron on an angle like that. I just gave up and used pipe. LOL

Comment

Very cool. Subscribed.

Anyone know of any "square" plastic funnels?

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  Subscribed...been thinking about buying materials and doing the same type of build. In for material costs.
                  I have about 175 into materials and supplies like paint and sealer, I got 4 sticks 1.5 angle, and a 4X10 sheet sheet metal.
                  Originally posted by cwill View Post
                  How do you cut the angles on the top of your legs? I tried the other day with my chop saw and couldn't figure out how to cut angle iron on an angle like that. I just gave up and used pipe. LOL
                  Turn the angle on its side so the wide part is facing the fence and the narrow point is facing the clamp.

Comment

Originally posted by jctex81 View Post
                    how much will it hold? How much you got into it in material?
                    I think it should hold about 500 with the funnel, but it was raining too much this weekend to put it out and check it.

Comment

Originally posted by centex85 View Post
                      I have about 175 into materials and supplies like paint and sealer, I got 4 sticks 1.5 angle, and a 4X10 sheet sheet metal.

Turn the angle on its side so the wide part is facing the fence and the narrow point is facing the clamp.
                      Next time I head to the ranch in a week or so I'll get some finished pictures of them painted and internal supports.

Comment

Originally posted by centex85 View Post

I can see it plain as day now that you said it. Thanks and apparently I'm an idiot!

Comment

Nice job.
                          This is on my list to do also

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Working...
                              X