Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should this deer be killed

He was like this last year too

I'm curious on the response. I will add to this, would you consume this deer? Why or why not?

Comment

Tempting but I'd let him ride.
      He's surviving & scratching out a living plus if he does get weak the yotes would get him first rather than another buck or doe that's healthy.

Comment

More concerned about his poor body condition than his messed up right side.

Comment

He wont make the winter so it doesn't matter if you kill him. Probably nothing wrong with him genetically. May have eaten too much pea gravel.

Comment

Is he diggin out a booger?

Comment

I would shoot him. I hate to see animlas suffer and like others said unless he improves drsticly he will not make it thru winter.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                I would shoot him. I hate to see animlas suffer and like others said unless he improves drsticly he will not make it thru winter.
                Just curious... why do you think he's suffering?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  May have eaten too much pea gravel.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                    Judging by your range conditions in the background of the pic, there should be plenty of browse for him to consume. He's pretty dang skinny in the ribs.

Yes, shoot him. He will struggle through the winter if he does make it at all. You could use your spike tag couldn't you?--edit: I just saw the eye guard. No, he's not a spike.
                    Last edited by thorshammer; 09-02-2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

He looks pretty young to be sooo run down. You know the history but I say let him walk until the end of the season and if you still have a tag shwack.

Comment

If he was like that last year I would say he has a pedicle injury. Which, will never heal or yield a normal antler. The body condition concerns me too with the amount of natural food in the woods right now. I can't see a buck that looks like that doing very good when the winter comes around.

Comment

Was he as unhealthy looking last year? I think I would whack him. Looks to be plenty of food around and he is struggling.

Comment

He could just have a food baby in his belly.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                              the other deer are making him feel bad about himself. Feeder pen bullying is real stuff man . . . . get your head out the sand!!!

he walks with me unless he deteriorated

Comment

Working...
                              X