Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soaker hose for food plot irrigation

Here is the deal.

I have a two acre field I am going to fence and turn in to a sunflower/winter wheat and oats plot. I have a water well nearby. From the water well to the far corners of the field it is about 300'. I will lose too much friction to run a hose to a sprinkler head that will cover a decent area. I am thinking of running 150' of hose then another 150' of soaker hose. Planning to put a timer on the hose so it automatically comes on twice a week.

Thoughts?

following

Great idea

Comment

soaker hoses are poor at best. drip irrigation systems are much better/more reliable/cheaper. try this site

Comment

Originally posted by dragonsdaddy View Post
        soaker hoses are poor at best. drip irrigation systems are much better/more reliable/cheaper. try this site

http://www.irrigationdirect.com/irri...on-kits-t-tape
        Have looked at that. Seeing that I will disk and replant twice a year the labor to remove and reinstall drip irrigation may kill me.

Comment

How big of a line and how many GPM is your well pump?

I don't think a soaker hose could effectively irrigate 2 acres unless its a big water line (3-4"). You need 54K gallons of water to cover 2 acres with one inch of water.
          Last edited by unclefish; 08-29-2014, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Just a thought What about flood irrigation from the high side of the field and let gravity take it down to the road? some thing like this just not near as big. this is how they were irrigating up in childress and it worked pretty dang good
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X