Deer Blind Window Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Blind Window Size

I am making new 4' x 4' blinds this year and was wondering what size openings everyone uses for rifle. In the past I have had my windows go all the way across the blind and be 10" tall. But this year I am not going all the way across and going to put glass in for sliding windows.

At least 10" opening, gives your room to move around or put something under the gun as a rest i.e. a pad or something like that!

Comment

10" tall is standard. If you are only going 4'X4', you better leave as much room as possible for maneuvering. That is pretty small.

Comment

I'm on the other side... We like ours shorter - 8-9" tall. Plenty of room for scoped rifle plus recoil and offers a better concealment. Ours are 39" from the floor to the bottom of the opening.

Comment

we have built several 6' x 6' blinds to shoot bows or guns from and installed
          1-2' x 2' window, work quite well.

Comment

We have a few rifle blinds with different size windows. Most are either 10"x12" to 10x24" depending on the size of the blind, and each of them are 40" from the floor to the bottom

Comment

I agree 10"X 36" is what I do

Comment

Window Size

When purchasing a frame window, do they have one in a 8in or 9in? (tall)

Comment

These are worth every penny, the shortest standard window is 10" but they will make any size you want. I'm building a new blind now and I put these windows in. I cut the openings 9.5" tall. Because of where I'm putting the blind I put one 10x48" window in the front and 10"x24" windows on the sides, you will probably want 10x36 in the front and the 10x24 on the sides, I like to have a little "Hiding room" in my blinds, not the whole blind be windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel32 View Post
                    We have a few rifle blinds with different size windows. Most are either 10"x12" to 10x24" depending on the size of the blind, and each of them are 40" from the floor to the bottom
                    We center the front window in our 4x4 blinds and off set the side windows to give you some more "hiding room."

We used to center all the windows, but were often busted by deer passing by too close.

Comment

Working...
                    X