Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausage

I just got and LEM meat grinder and want to start making some sausage... I'm planning to buy a package of seasoning / cure to start.

Any advise that might help me keep from making mistakes???

thanks.

Try REO spice in Huntsville. Cure and seasoning in one bag. Try the German. Try to pick a low humidity day for stuffing and smoking. Good luck.

Comment

I take and mix my meat(60.40)and then mix the season in and let it set overnight and then mix it again that way the season is mix well all through

Comment

little water mixed with the meat will help it stuff easy though your stuffer and not tear your casings.

Comment

Appreciate the help, going to try to start on some tomorrow morning.

Comment

get a package mix from basspro or LEM or something for the first go round. get the hang of it first unless your just doing pan sausage. I think you a 3rd hand is required for stuffing casings.......at least it would stop me cursing at the grinder.

Comment

I made my first batch of link sausage last month following MesquiteCountry's recipies and it turned out great.

Good luck!!!

Comment

Here's my long time family recipe...
                For 100# (mix 60% semi-lean pork to 40% deer)
                By weight on ounce scale:

16oz iodized salt
                8oz ground black pepper
                6oz garlic powder
                4oz paprika
                2oz cayenne powder
                2nd whole mustard seed
                1oz sodium nitrate

We mix season in gallon jar and dust evenly over cubed meat in large cooler. Mix around and let set for an hour and then grind.

Comment

I also have an LEM grinder. I have the stuffer as well. You won't be disappointed. I've learned to experiment with the seasonings until you find a good mixture.

Comment

Working...
                  X