Hot Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Wings

Very simple but thought I would throw it out there.

Wings
    1 cup Franks Hot Sauce
    2 Sticks butter

I do a light batter on the wings and fry for 10 minutes, until they float

heat sauce and butter

Cover wing2 with sauce completely and serve

Not spicy at all

That sounds good !

Comment

will have to try recipe

Comment

sounds yummy!

Comment

is the batter just seasoned flour?

Comment

Yum!

Comment

This is the way I've done my wings for many years (Casey found a similar recipe). I usually add a little cayenne to add heat, and I don't batter the wings - other than a light dusting of a rub, like Salt Lick (Cajun Blaze would probably work GREAT! )

If I use the larger wing pieces, instead of the drumettes, I sometimes steam the wings and then flash fry them to make sure they are properly done on the inside, and crispy-fried on the outside.

To me, a great wing isn't a great wing without a proper bleu cheese dip. That was the missing ingredient until I dumbed down a bleu cheese dressing that I saw the guy on Dutch Oven and Campfire Cooking to convert it to a dip instead of a dressing.

It's simple enough...about a cup or so of mayo (use real mayo, not MW), a 4 oz pkg of crumbled bleu cheese, squeeze in some lemon juice, minced garlic and maybe tie it together with a dusting of whatever rub you used on the wings. It rivals that made by Wings n More!
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

I experimented with some wings over the summer. I put the wings directly over the coals on a preheated pit while I prepared my sauce.

~ 1 tsp cayenne pepper
                ~ 1/2 tsp salt
                ~ 1/2 bottle Kraft Original barbeque sauce

I apply the sauce to the uncooked side until the bottome side is dark, checking and re-basting often. Once the bottom side appears cooked, I flip the wings over and baste the uncooked side. I repeat the process about every 5 minutes and pull them off right before the barbeque sauce appears burnt.

They were HOT, but very good. My wife and I agreed that these would be a top seller at any place that sells wings.

Comment

Trying this tonight. It's a light batter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is the same way I do mine, but without a batter. I like to dust a little ragin blaze on before frying for a little more heat. Franks is the only way to go with hot wings.

Comment

"Franks Red Hot Sauce. I put that **** on everything."

Love those commercials and love wings. Thanks for posting.

If you haven't grilled them and done them this same way, try it.

Comment

Working...
                      X