• 4 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon

Caramel Topping

• 1 stick butter
    • 1 ½ cup of packed brown sugar
    • 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
    • 2 tablespoons cream
    • 1 apple (I use Granny Smith) peeled and finly diced

To make The Dough

Heat milk, oil and ½ cup sugar until warm. Allow to cool so its lukewarm and add yeast and 4 cups of flour. Stir and cover with a towel and allow to rise for 1 hour. Add remaining flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Roll out half of the dough into a rectangle and pour half of the melted butter and ¾ cup of sugar and half of the cinnamon. Roll into a log and cut into rolls.
    To Make The Caramel Topping
    Add the stick of butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and cream to a sauce pan and allow to melt over low heat while stirring. Only allow to boil for a few seconds.

Assemble

Spray a 9 inch cake pan with cooking spray and pour in half the caramel topping, then sprinkle the apples over top and arrange sliced cinnamon rolls over the pan. Allow it to rise for about 20 minutes then bake at 375 for 30 to 35 minutes, cover with foil for the first 20 to 25 minutes. Carefully invert on a serving plate. Caramel topping will drip over the rolls.
    Repeat with the other half of dough or cover and save.

You can also use the caramel topping with store bought cinnamon rolls but its not as tasty

My mouth is watering.
    Not sure I can manage all that though, where do you live again?
    ;-)

Comment

Genevieve, I'll be heading to the lease friday and will be thru Liberty Hill around 7:00
      I will be happy to pick up any extra rolls that you have and will get rid of them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by texasrazor View Post
        Genevieve, I'll be heading to the lease friday and will be thru Liberty Hill around 7:00
        I will be happy to pick up any extra rolls that you have and will get rid of them for you.
        LOL they're so good, I thought about making some this weekend but I made french toast with home made bread instead.

Comment

Working...
        X