Every bow hunt, a lesson learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    That's a nice buck my friend. Every shot should be a lesson. There is always something to learn when hunting . Even after a life time of lessons one gets away from time to time, one shot goes astray, and sometimes a bad shot kills as quick as a great shot. Congrats buddy .
    Thanks Kirby

Comment

Appreciate everyone’s feedback and information, thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
        There was a voice in my head saying, everything on the GS says at least an hour if you think its a liver shot.
        Really more like 3 hours on a liver hit. After an hour they might be dead and if they're not, they can't move real fast, but 3 hours is much safer. Too many deer get pushed by people going in to look too quickly and that's when they get themselves in trouble trying to find the deer.

Comment

Congrats on your buck! I agree, I am constantly learning every time I sit. I rushed my shot on my buck this year as well, though I got lucky and clipped his spine and he dropped right there. I was only off a few inches, but it could have been a very bad situation. Almost in that no fly zone above the vitals and below the spine...

Comment

"I was excited and rushed my shot."
            If you ever get where you don't get excited, then it's time to look for excitement elsewhere. Congrats on a fine buck. Now you just have to find a bigger one. It's all fun.

Comment

Congrats to you nice buck

Comment

nice buck, congrats

Comment

Working...
                X