Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living the land owner dream in Navarro County!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
    Congrats Jack on a nice looking place. Fishing looks good, hope the hunting is as well!
    Thanks Jeff, it has been fun so far. Not high numbers of deer but so good ones in the area. Def gonna kill some pigs soon as we get the blind in place.

Comment

Haven't done much the last month except more shredding. It's been so terribly hot out there and been busy. Got a blind built and set it up this last weekend.
      7'x7' insulated and lined with black carpet inside. Should be enough room for full family hunts.
      Pigs have really moved in but have seen a few more deer also.
      I got my little tractor sold and about to close the deal on a new one and will be doing some plowing getting ready for some food plots.
      Hoping the weather cools so I can start spending some more time out there without worrying about heat stroke.

Also have a 45' high cube shipping container dropped this week to get the camp started. Should have electric and water set up by next week.

Comment

Heck of a nice blind, Jack. Looking forward to seeing the progression on the new place.

Best of luck to you and the family this season.

Comment

Looks like the high roller ranch!

Looking good Jack

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            Haven't done much the last month except more shredding. It's been so terribly hot out there and been busy. Got a blind built and set it up this last weekend.
            7'x7' insulated and lined with black carpet inside. Should be enough room for full family hunts.
            Pigs have really moved in but have seen a few more deer also.
            I got my little tractor sold and about to close the deal on a new one and will be doing some plowing getting ready for some food plots.
            Hoping the weather cools so I can start spending some more time out there without worrying about heat stroke.

Also have a 45' high cube shipping container dropped this week to get the camp started. Should have electric and water set up by next week.

That's awesome man!! Happy for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              Looks like the high roller ranch!

Looking good Jack
              You know how we do it near the big city

Comment

Also found my first shed a couple weeks ago, think I ran over it shredding but def had some mass

Comment

Got 45' storage container set today and had water and electric brought down to camp.

Comment

Awesome. I need to get a thread going with our container cabin. It's been great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Looking good. That's heck of a blind.

Comment

Just found this thread. Congrats on your place. I bought some land a few years ago and it's about as close to freedom and liberty as you can get these days. Enjoy!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

I don't know what y'all are talking about. There are no deer in Navarro county. Nothing to see here, move along lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Gom View Post
                                Lot of potential in that area. Before they fenced off the area behind the dam at Navarro Mills, we used to hike the creek and fish the deeper pools for Crappie . I found a shed that had bases as big as coke can. Also there may be a thread somewhere here on this site about a huge buck shot a few years ago, but I couldn't find it. If you want to google check out:

See Texas Big Game Awards website for 2010-11, #1 buck in Navarro county. Shot by lady landowner on her 432 acre property between Navarro Mills and Blooming Grove. It was a biggun , Grossing 202 points and so big they had trouble lifting it high enough to weigh.
                                That picture does absolutely no justice for that deer. I personally saw that deer a handful of times spotlighting for yotes at night. He was a giant and only a handful of people knew about him while he was alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X