Bashing Mailboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    Twenty-three years ago when we built here we rented a PO box. No mailbox, problem solved.
    Us too

Comment

Concrete!!

Comment

I've made a bunch of the "nearly indestructable mail boxes" through the years. Some for TBH members
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          I've made a bunch of the "nearly indestructable mail boxes" through the years. Some for TBH members

That’s is awesome . Need one like it. Is the top 6” pipe ?

Comment

I knew someone who took a standard mailbox and put it inside a rural mailbox and filled the void between them with concrete. Never had another issue with the mailbox smashers

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              I didn't read all the post, but Mail boxes are now put up by our local Texas Highway department in Mills county. You buy the box and they install it.
              Same here in the county I live in San Augustine County.

Comment

You punks busted my mailbox didn’t you!

Tampering with a mailbox is a felony offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  Boy back in the day[emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

[emoji28]

Comment

I had a heavy steel one on Preston rd/Hwy 289, TXDOT put in breakaway post and I mounted it. Breakaway post was for safety but not sure about the huge tree right on the other side of it...…...

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                      [ATTACH]985886[/ATTACH]

I saw this idea the other day. I will be using it if mine ever gets hit.
                      That’s what I saw and was referring to. That outta rattle someone’s gripe on a bat lol

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                        Fill a dummy box with cement.
                        In high school there were some students that used to bash mailboxes. Then one day one of their trucks had a smashed out rear window and big dent down the side. Turns out they tried twice while driving to break the concrete filled mailbox, and both time the bat bounced back into the truck.

Good luck OP!

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                          Me likey!!!
                          Got a drawing for it?

Comment

Title made me nervous. What is the statute of limitations on this heinous crime? Asking for a friend.[emoji52]

Comment

Uncle built a heavy duty box after drunks kept running off the road and crashing his and leaving. The first drunk that hit it after installing stayed put but Dps asked him to remove it

An old neighbor put a hinge on his so when it got hit it folded over making it appear it was broken

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                In high school there were some students that used to bash mailboxes. Then one day one of their trucks had a smashed out rear window and big dent down the side. Turns out they tried twice while driving to break the concrete filled mailbox, and both time the bat bounced back into the truck.

Good luck OP!
                                You'd think after the first time damaging the truck they would learn a lesson.

I read a mailbox thread like this on another forum. A guy said some kids couldn't tear up an overbuilt box so they decided to blow it up. When they set the charge to blow the guys jumped in the back of the truck and yelled go but the driver stalled it. Box blew up and killed one of the kids with shrapnel.

Comment

Working...
                                X