SHOT Show 2019 NV & Thermal Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHOT Show 2019 NV & Thermal Updates

Alright, it's that time again, SHOT Show 2019 will start tomorrow (Tuesday) in Las Vegas. My wife and I flew into town Sunday evening and I'll be working out here all week. For those that don't know, the SHOT Show is the Shooting Hunting and Outdoor Trade show and it is an industry show (meaning that the general public isn't allowed to attend) and it's where all the manufacturers for the outdoor industry come to announce and show off their new products for the year. It's a HUGE show and there will be over 60,000 attendees. I'll be getting my hands on all the latest NV and thermal optics and getting pricing and details and reporting back to you here.

I'm going to be extremely busy this week with meetings at the show and still trying to run the business 1,500 miles from the office but I want to post updates here as I can.

In years past I've written up some really detailed info on what I learned and answered a lot of questions but this year I'm going to try and do it a little differently. Since I'm so busy this week, I want to post my updates and pics here as I have time and you can obviously ask any questions you want but I probably won't be writing up many long detailed posts and answers until I get back to Texas and things settle down a little. But feel free to comment and ask all the questions you want, I'll get them answered ASAP.

- Jason

Sweet

Comment

Awesome! Good luck on further developing the network.

Comment

Please do a side by side comparison of the Sightmark Wraith 4K 3X and the Wraith HD 4-32 1080p. I’m particularly interested in which one has the best clarity. I would appreciate it!

Comment

Here are a few prices from some of Pulsar's new stuff. I'm not saying this is every model but it's the price list that was just released a few hours ago. Also, we don't know everything about all these optics yet, but we will get the first chance to see them tomorrow (Tuesday).

Pulsar Axion thermal handheld monoculars - Info here is a little sketchy on the models, so something is subject to change here....

Axion Key XM22 (unknown magnification) $1,699 (no video recording)
          Axion Key XM30 2.4-9.6x24 $1,899 (no video recording)
          Axion XM30 4.1-16.4x24 $2,199
          Axion XM38 5.5-22x32 $2,599

Pulsar Thermion thermal rifle scopes

Thermion XM30 3-13x $2,799
          Thermion XM38 4.2-16x $3,299
          Thermion XM50 5.5-22x $3,799

Thermion XP38 1.5-12x $4,499
          Pulsar Thermion XP50 1.9-15x $4,999

Pulsar model codes:

XQ = 384x288 17 micron
          XM = 320x240 12 micron
          XP = 640x480 17 micron

Comment

Looking forward to your updates!

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
              Please do a side by side comparison of the Sightmark Wraith 4K 3X and the Wraith HD 4-32 1080p. I’m particularly interested in which one has the best clarity. I would appreciate it!

Hmmm....I might be showing my ignorance here but I’m only aware of 1 model of the Sightmark Wraith. I’m in Vegas and I’ve been working all day long so I could have missed something though. I’ve been traveling and busy the last few days so maybe I missed it.

Sightmark sent me over the pricing for 2019 today and the only thing listed is the Wraith HD 4-32x50 for $499.97

Comment

OL,
                Straight from the 2019 Sightmark catalog the Wraith HD 4-32 model #SM18011 and the Wraith 4K 3X model #SM18031. Have a tentative order for the 4K through my contact at Sightmark pending hands on reviews from great guys like you.

Comment

Ill be there Wednesday should be interesting

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Following

Comment

Is pulsar releasing updates to the Trail line as well?

Comment

Dang, I was hoping the XP versions on the Thermions would be closer to the Apex price. $4.5k is really stretching my budget lol

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                          OL,
                          Straight from the 2019 Sightmark catalog the Wraith HD 4-32 model #SM18011 and the Wraith 4K 3X model #SM18031. Have a tentative order for the 4K through my contact at Sightmark pending hands on reviews from great guys like you.
                          You're correct. I was in the booth today and the 4K models will eventually come out but it will be later this year. My rep said it could be summer before we see the 4K units. They don't even have demos of them here. Looks like that one is going to be awhile getting here.

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                          Is pulsar releasing updates to the Trail line as well?
                          Good question, I'll answer below.

Comment

The Pulsar RXQ30V entry level scope is going away for about 3 months and when it comes back it will have a black and white AMOLED instead of the current green tinted display. This scope is sticking around this year. The Trail LRF (laser range finder) scopes are staying too. The rest of the Trails will be discontinued as soon as the Thermions ship but the Trails will continue to be sold until that time. The Apexes are already gone.

As for monoculars, the Quantum Lite XQ23V and XQ30V and the Helion XQ28 and XP28 have all been discontinued. The Axions are replacing those more affordable models. The Helion XQ38, XQ50, XP38 and XP50 are staying.

Here is the preliminary expected ship dates. These are all subject to change and are just estimates, so these aren't set in stone.

Sightmark Wraith HD - early March
                            Pulsar Axion - March/April
                            Pulsar Thermion - August

I got to handle all these units a little bit today during my meeting but I'm back tomorrow for another meeting and I'll definitely get more hands on time with them. I have to say that I'm very impressed with all of them. I honestly expected nothing less because Pulsar and Sightmark are known for attention to detail and getting things right. I'm pretty pumped about the Axion, they are TINY and weigh nothing.

I also had a meeting at FLIR today and no surprises there.....they aren't coming out with a single new thermal rifle scope. They are releasing a new line of thermal monoculars called the Scion OTM. They look just about like the Scouts and they will have a removable rechargeable battery and video recording. They will also have the Boson 12 micron core in a couple of the models, which is going to be really nice. Honestly I was underwhelmed with the units. They seemed a little too big and clunky but the functionality does seem good. They gave me some mixed info on the pricing and quoted a couple different things but said they'd email me the official pricing next week. From what they were saying, if they were right, I think the price is going to be pretty good.

That's all for today, hopefully more info tomorrow!

Jason

Comment

Thanks for the info, axions sound interesting at that price range.

Comment

Working...
                              X