For those with a 6.5 creed AR....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those with a 6.5 creed AR....

Finally picked up my Lone Star Armory creed AR and did some load development today. It has a 22" 8 twist Brux barrel with High Pressure JP bolt and carrier along with an a adjustable gas block.

I used H4350 powder, Federal 210 match primers, Hornady brass and 140 grain Amax bullets. I loaded every 2 tenths from 40 to 41 grains. It seems the magic number was 41 grains of powder

There were some high pressure signs, but from what I've read, this is common on higher pressure gas guns

Slightly flattened primers and some swipes

Some brass damage
    I'm tickled that the gun is a shooter. It just took awhile to get every thing in for the build. Now it's time to stretch it out to see how she does.

How much did it run you $$$

Comment

Originally posted by griffbowhunter View Post
      How much did it run you $$$

About 6k for the complete set up.

Comment

Gas guns are super hard on brass. Maybe cut back on your gas block and see what that does. And was the with the suppressor on? It'll drive up the pressure.

Comment

Sweet looking and shooting gun man!

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Gas guns are super hard on brass. Maybe cut back on your gas block and see what that does. And was the with the suppressor on? It'll drive up the pressure.
              We adjusted the gas block to where it will function normal. It is 6 clicks open. Yes I was shooting with the can on. When we built the gun, we shot 10-15 test shots without the can. From what I have read,pressure issues are common with the larger ARs. So much that JP makes a high pressure bolt. They also used a smaller diameter firing pin. This has taken away most of the major issues(blown primers) which leaves you with just flattened primers.

I'll have to wait and see how the pressures will be affected by the summer heat as well. Loading for gas guns is a little trickier than bolt guns from what I'm seeing.

I'm having to order a 20 MOA base. My builder will just swap me for what he put on it. I only have 8 mils of elevation left in the turret after sight in. I can wait to see what's going to happen on long range shooting.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing how it does for you. Are you happy with your scope choice?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  I'm looking forward to seeing how it does for you. Are you happy with your scope choice?

Yes so far. I have only used it at the 100. Glass is clear and I think the illumination will work great at low light for Killing pigs. It even has 2 low settings for NV The guy shooting next to me yesterday is a long range shooter and uses SB scopes. He looked through the Mark 6 and was impressed. He was really impressed that this gas gun was shooting groups like his AI AW308. He wanted to buy it and told him it wasn't for sale. Took me too long to get this thing built.

Comment

never mind on the other post Tye I found it. That thing is sweet

Comment

Working...
                    X