Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 11-07-2018, 12:21 AM   #51
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Puto did well because too many idiot voters are emotional...they have enough energy to exercise their legs to vote, but too lazy working the mush between their ears. Any effort in that arena to simply envision a Tx / US with the policies he TRUELY wanted to implement??

Come on...look at us losing the house with the immigration issue & economy. Look how Obama won Ohio & then went Trump. Voters are way too emotionally invested in frustration of the current vs what the candidates actually stand for. I find it extremely frustrating & infuriating & HATE the 2 party system. Would rather voters have to understand what public servants stand for vs getting frustrated with a party & pushed to the other side of the same swamp. Right now the right side stinks less. Just watch, 2020 will go back to the shallow end.

I had hope but they the cycle continues. Sorry for the rant but I fear the worst very long by term unless this cycle stops. Only bright spot is scotus & pray we can land one more trump pick. Should save a generation or 2 on the big ticket items.

Last edited by Artos; 11-07-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 12:25 AM   #52
Drop Tine
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere and anything legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
For those that keep saying this was close, it was because of the candidates and not the parties. Abbott won easily by double digits because he is well liked and his opponent was bad. Cruz barely won because he turned a bunch of Trump supporters off with how he initially handled losing to Trump and his opponent was very charasmatic which seems to matter to a bunch of folks these days. Texas is not close to turning blue in the Senate.
This right here. All that doom and gloom earlier in the thread is the wrong mentality. Be a part of the solution. Engage in conversation with people. Beto had a ton of money and ran a strong campaign, but Texas’ values held serve. Political discourse will remain a constant. It’s part of the foundation of this republic.
Drop Tine is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 01:04 AM   #53
Ruttin&Struttin
Eight Point

Hunt In: North Texas, South East Texas, Hill Country

Im proud I live in a "Red" county.
Ruttin&Struttin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 01:17 AM   #54
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Usually from a tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman View Post
And how did that work out for him?

Truth wins out.

....and thank God for that!!!
curtintex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 01:30 AM   #55
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
It was closer than it should have been, but that is because Beto flat outworked Cruz. He out-fundraised him. He out-marketed him. He out-campaigned him. Cruz got elected because he is a Republican in Texas...that is the tide that is changing, as that will soon no longer be enough. *** holes better come to work.
Bingo
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 01:47 AM   #56
dannorocks
Spike

Hunt In: Green Plaid

Very happy Senator Cruz was reelected. Buy yeah since the past two elections them Dems really are pushing the campaigns to new limits. Every turn I'd make theres BETO sign, I'm happy to see those go away soon!
dannorocks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 01:54 AM   #57
Starman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard Co.

Quote:
....and thank God for that!!!
Starman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 01:56 AM   #58
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Usually from a tree

Quote:

Any “The Office” reference makes you a friend of mine!
curtintex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 02:08 AM   #59
gb22250
Six Point

Hunt In: Lampasas

If anybody gets ahold of some of those Beto yard signs I’ll take them. They make great target stands.
gb22250 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 02:42 AM   #60
Thumper
Pope & Young

Its very good for TX and the Country as a whole Cruz won tonight. It was a very close race, as is a lot of others tonight. That's the scary part.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 02:58 AM   #61
Thumper
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhunter90 View Post
I'm afraid as the years go on it will be closer and eventually the tides will turn. Hopefully not, but I was worried about this one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Trump has put the question of citizenship in the next census count. This will give us an accurate count for representation and redistricting. As it stands now a mathematical formula is used designed by LWL's who think all illegals deserve representation. This will take away solid blue house seats and put them with in reach of the red zone.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 03:30 AM   #62
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

The issues will continue regardless of who has the house or senate unless they have both and it's by a substantial majority.

On immigration: we just witnessed the Republicans fail miserably while the Dems had their chance with Obamer in charge and they did not pass any significant legislation that would address any of the issues.

More importantly on health care: once again the Repubicans failed miserably and obviously the Dems passed the ACA which is a failure but remains in place sinking health care into a bigger hole thanks to the republican inaction.

No matter what side peeps voted for, we need the legislators to work together. The price of health care and medication is astronomical. It will be the demise of this country unless special interest from those fields along with the insurance fields gets put in check.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 03:33 AM   #63
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
It was closer than it should have been, but that is because Beto flat outworked Cruz. He out-fundraised him. He out-marketed him. He out-campaigned him. Cruz got elected because he is a Republican in Texas...that is the tide that is changing, as that will soon no longer be enough. *** holes better come to work.
100% accurate.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 05:29 AM   #64
Wiley64
Four Point

Hunt In: Fredericksburg TX

Quote:
For those that keep saying this was close, it was because of the candidates and not the parties. Abbott won easily by double digits because he is well liked and his opponent was bad. Cruz barely won because he turned a bunch of Trump supporters off with how he initially handled losing to Trump and his opponent was very charasmatic which seems to matter to a bunch of folks these days. Texas is not close to turning blue in the Senate.
This x 1000. Many people will never forget cruz’s Refusal to endorse at the convention... or the entire Carly Fiorina fiasco
Wiley64 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 05:36 AM   #65
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinesintx View Post
Abbott will by 10-12 points....were Abbott voters voting for Beto?
Ya.....that was my question as well? Just goes to show you, the Republicans have some smf on their team too!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 05:37 AM   #66
bowhunt3
Ten Point

Hunt In: Medina County, Bandera County

Hell yeah
bowhunt3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 06:47 AM   #67
Coup de Grace
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trophy Hunting.

Poor Dumocrappers on here - after the Hillary loss and now Beto defeat, probably think the whole world has crumbled upon their little heads.
Coup de Grace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 07:00 AM   #68
UltraMax
Ten Point

Quote:
“But on pretzel day... Now I like pretzel day...”
UltraMax is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 07:08 AM   #69
stinkbelly
Pope & Young

I can't believe anyone would vote for Robert.
stinkbelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 07:10 AM   #70
bass_lander
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tow, Tx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bass_lander is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 07:19 AM   #71
dphillips62
Eight Point

Hunt In: Mission Valley, Victoria, and anywhere else I can sling an arrow

The turn Texas blue campaign is slowly working. Cruze is partially to blame for how close this race was he acted like a never Trumper for awhile and was out worked by a lying idiot that duped thousands into believing he (fake Beano) was the Hispanic Messiah.
dphillips62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 07:23 AM   #72
Pernell
Ten Point

Hunt In: N.M., East Texas, South Texas

We should thank Beto, he put $70 million into our economy, we should also thank God he did not get elected! I hope next time Cruz remembers this and understand he needs to work harder than his competition.
Pernell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 07:42 AM   #73
Bassdeer
Ten Point

Not a big Cruz fan but I did vote for him, Still a little p!ssed at him on how he conducted himself at the republican primary. He needs to do a better job on being a regular person. Quick speaking to me like I'm 5 years old.
Bassdeer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 07:49 AM   #74
BlackHogDown
Ten Point

Hunt In: Duval County, Livingston

BlackHogDown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #75
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana

I am a firm believer the 17th amendment needs to be repealed, the state senate (Or however the state determines it wants to elect senators) should vote for its senators, and the people should no longer be allowed to vote for senators. And you need to be 26 to vote, or active duty or retired military to vote before then. People like Beto would not get far if that were the case.

Senators represent the states best interest, not the people of the state.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 07:52 AM   #76
hooligan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Foard Co.

Quote:
This is correct. Even Chuck Todd (who I can’t stand) said this race was only close because it was Cruz vs Beto. “If the Republicans had a more likable candidate it wouldn’t have been a close race no matter who the Dems brought”.

I am really surprised that Sessions lost up here in Dallas though
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 07:57 AM   #77
rileydog
Ten Point

Hunt In: Childress, Motley Co., Hutchinson Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
The issues will continue regardless of who has the house or senate unless they have both and it's by a substantial majority.

On immigration: we just witnessed the Republicans fail miserably while the Dems had their chance with Obamer in charge and they did not pass any significant legislation that would address any of the issues.

More importantly on health care: once again the Repubicans failed miserably and obviously the Dems passed the ACA which is a failure but remains in place sinking health care into a bigger hole thanks to the republican inaction.

No matter what side peeps voted for, we need the legislators to work together. The price of health care and medication is astronomical. It will be the demise of this country unless special interest from those fields along with the insurance fields gets put in check.

Ding ding ding!!

The problem is they won’t work together because they have already started working on getting re-elected. Term limits...one term.
rileydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:00 AM   #78
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
This is correct. Even Chuck Todd (who I can’t stand) said this race was only close because it was Cruz vs Beto. “If the Republicans had a more likable candidate it wouldn’t have been a close race no matter who the Dems brought”.

I am really surprised that Sessions lost up here in Dallas though
In Houston/Harris County, Democrats won all but one or two of the down ballot races, including judgeships. That is extremely disheartening. Fort Bend County, D's won almost all the races as well. Montgomery County, all R's.

The red team needs to do some serious exit poling and figure out why it lost so badly. I have a feeling I know why, but will wait for poling results to confirm my opinion.

Last edited by WItoTX; 11-07-2018 at 08:01 AM. Reason: .
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #79
sbushee
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Outside

Whew!
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:06 AM   #80
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA

Do not be surprised if No Go Beto shows up in 2020 as a "White Obuttlick". Them Dems will prime him for that. He is just like Obuttlick, all talk and will not give his platform and lie like Obuttlick!
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:15 AM   #81
Texas Tracker
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by WItoTX View Post
I am a firm believer the 17th amendment needs to be repealed, the state senate (Or however the state determines it wants to elect senators) should vote for its senators, and the people should no longer be allowed to vote for senators. And you need to be 26 to vote, or active duty or retired military to vote before then. People like Beto would not get far if that were the case.

Senators represent the states best interest, not the people of the state.
And we have a winner.
Texas Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:20 AM   #82
Mud Shark
Ten Point

Hunt In: Randolph, Co IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullersboy View Post
Sadly, I think it's a matter of time before we get some important political offices filled with Dems in this state. TX is growing fast. The economy here is strong. It's a great place to live and work. More and more big corporations are fleeing their overtaxed, over regulated, very expensive states in which to operate and moving to Texas for greener pastures. Sadly, they so haul in all their liberal employees with them who come here and try to change this state into the very thing they fled when they left their sucky liberal Democrat run state. It makes ZERO sense. If they want that crap that clearly doesn't work, then why don't they just stay there and live it up in the land of governmental over reach?

Dang right, my friend.
They're going to leave the places the don't like, come to "The Land of Milk and Honey" and try to make it like the craphole they left. Makes perfect sense..
Mud Shark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:34 AM   #83
antonlsu
Four Point

Hunt In: Victoria TX & SW MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireNguns View Post
Fox is calling it! Cruz will get re-elected.
Thank you Jesus!
Beto may have lost the senate, but take a look at the effect on Houston. The longtime county judge Ed Emmet lost to a 27 year old who never attended a single commissioner court hearing. As a recent grab from Standford, she barely even lived in Houston since highschool.

Dems took all of the 59 judicial spots up for election. Houston is solid blue and the growing population and practice of straight ticket voting with have huge impacts moving forward.
antonlsu is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:35 AM   #84
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Shark View Post
Dang right, my friend.
They're going to leave the places the don't like, come to "The Land of Milk and Honey" and try to make it like the craphole they left. Makes perfect sense..
They shouldn't be allowed to vote at the state level, period.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #85
jonate98
Four Point

Hunt In: Tyler County

jonate98 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:40 AM   #86
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Grace View Post
Hard for me to believe that he even had a shot in TX but I guess times are changing
Really! I agree. Republicans/Conservatives have a lot of work to do. Obviously some Conservatives stayed home.
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:41 AM   #87
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonate98 View Post

I like this one. Hahaha
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:41 AM   #88
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Can we drive around today and whip everyones *** with a beto sticker on their car, or sign in their yard?

That'd be fun....
Old 11-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #89
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

And this just in!

I need my safe space and counseling too!!

Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #90
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

So much for that ‘Blue Wave’ coming to Texas.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:44 AM   #91
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Can we drive around today and whip everyones *** with a beto sticker on their car, or sign in their yard?

That'd be fun....
I’m down!!!! You start up north and head south and start south and head north. Party in the middle
Old 11-07-2018, 08:44 AM   #92
Lee230
Eight Point

Hunt In: Menard County, TX & OK Panhandle

I've watched the blue surge in Williamson County for 15 years. That dang Sun City with all the retired folks is a huge part of the regression in our county. So glad that MJ gal did not win. I am a realist and you can only hold back the flood water so long. 2020 is going to be a sad day in our beloved Texas.....I hope I'm wrong.
Lee230 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:48 AM   #93
bigt6450
Four Point

Unfortunately this isn’t the end of all the Beto talk. Whether it’s a senate run in 2020 for Cornyn’s seat or a presidential bid, I think we’re going to be seeing a lot more. He’s already got the all important “celebrity endorsement”, so he won’t be out of sight or out of mind for awhile.
bigt6450 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:48 AM   #94
DNTRanch
Ten Point

Hunt In: Runnels County

Here's the Loser with his losing speech --- Drops the F bomb

https://youtu.be/Khzpt2d0MpY

DNTRanch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:49 AM   #95
hooligan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Foard Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
So much for that ‘Blue Wave’ coming to Texas.

not really surprised by this other than Tarrant County. Must be the bleed over from Libs that moved over here work in Dallas coming over and screwing up our stats
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:50 AM   #96
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
not really surprised by this other than Tarrant County. Must be the bleed over from Libs that moved over here work in Dallas coming over and screwing up our stats
It's out of state idiots moving in, I deal with them daily.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:53 AM   #97
E.TX.BOWHUNTER
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas Public Lands

The trend is obvious. Libs are moving into and taking over the major cities in Texas. I expect them to start looking like Detroit and Chicago in 10 to 20 years. God help us.
E.TX.BOWHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:54 AM   #98
ultrastealth
Ten Point

Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt6450 View Post
Unfortunately this isn’t the end of all the Beto talk. Whether it’s a senate run in 2020 for Cornyn’s seat or a presidential bid, I think we’re going to be seeing a lot more. He’s already got the all important “celebrity endorsement”, so he won’t be out of sight or out of mind for awhile.
This. He will run against Cornyn, and the same out of state money will pour in to him. Texas is entering a phase where we will battle out of state interests and big city residents for control. Harris County is now solid blue and it will only get bluer. The same can be said for Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin. The other thing that seems to not be getting much attention is that a larger and larger portion of the population is accepting of socialism. This ain't the old democrat party. The leadership are died in the wool socialist who are no longer hiding that fact. I fear for Texas and our country.

Last edited by ultrastealth; 11-07-2018 at 08:59 AM.
ultrastealth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 08:58 AM   #99
kruppa24
Ten Point

Hunt In: Concho

He gone
kruppa24 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #100
Johnny_Dodson
Four Point

Quote:

Exactly

Johnny_Dodson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top