Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 11-02-2018, 06:27 PM   #51
gumbl3
Ten Point

Hunt In: muenster

3 or 4 people misappropriating funds in an office is hardly blockbuster news
gumbl3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 06:33 PM   #52
Puggy625
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX, KS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbl3 View Post
3 or 4 people misappropriating funds in an office is hardly blockbuster news
It is when it goes all the way up to the campaign manager. Did you watch the video? I'm betting not.

I contacted the state ethics commission today, was told that it was a Federal issue since the race if for a Federal seat. And that even if there were anything that could be done is that he would have to present it to the ethics committee for a vote to contact the Feds about the violation. And that law states that they can't do anything until after the election is over because they can't do anything with it within 60 days prior to election day.

I also contacted every news station in DFW to see it they were going to air it on the news given how contested this race has gotten. They all said they were, but so far tonight, I haven't seen anything on any station.

And just for the record, if it were Cruz caught doing it, I'd feel the same way. Someone needs to be held accountable.
Puggy625 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 07:05 PM   #53
gumbl3
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggy625 View Post
It is when it goes all the way up to the campaign manager. Did you watch the video? I'm betting not.

I contacted the state ethics commission today, was told that it was a Federal issue since the race if for a Federal seat. And that even if there were anything that could be done is that he would have to present it to the ethics committee for a vote to contact the Feds about the violation. And that law states that they can't do anything until after the election is over because they can't do anything with it within 60 days prior to election day.

I also contacted every news station in DFW to see it they were going to air it on the news given how contested this race has gotten. They all said they were, but so far tonight, I haven't seen anything on any station.

And just for the record, if it were Cruz caught doing it, I'd feel the same way. Someone needs to be held accountable.
I did watch it.. I took it that they were using the prepaid cards without the campaign managers knowledge and trying to disguise it. Hiding it through purchases that were vague on receipts that could be washed as campaign spending. When she asked the C.M. about it, she said 'resources'. Is that funds, the vans, bottled water, the volunteers? I just don't see enough to tie the top of the food chain to what looks like the actions of a few (including their undercover journalist)
Old 11-02-2018, 07:13 PM   #54
gumbl3
Ten Point

btw just saw 30 seconds worth of this on channel 11.. one clip showed robert francis saying this was trump trying to stir peoples fears about illegals.. the other clip showed bobby saying that water and baby wipes were bought for people in 'desperate need' (modern day robin hood theory) but would not elaborate and to the best of his knowledge all their finances are correctly reported
Old 11-02-2018, 10:54 PM   #55
BigDraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Melvin TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Where's our Texas State Attorney General.....?
Probably in jail
BigDraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 11:49 PM   #56
CEO
Ten Point

He better get his underlings reigned in. He's going to need every penny of this money for his Presidential campaign.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-03-2018, 12:29 AM   #57
CJ776
Six Point

Hunt In: Baylor County

True that Trumpy beat the dog s out of Ted. To this day every time I hear someone mention Cruz first thing in my mind is Lyiní Ted in Trumpís voice LOL. Get into Trumpís line of fire and you get burned.

Itís going to be close. If Texas goes blue on this election it will be a historical disappointment. Beto beat the hell out of Ted in terms of campaigning. If this race wasnít in Texas, Ted would be a ten point dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CJ776 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2018, 12:56 AM   #58
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Figured youd be pizzed.....some of your gift cards helped the illegals.
I voted Cruz
jer_james is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2018, 08:56 AM   #59
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ776 View Post

Itís going to be close. If Texas goes blue on this election it will be a historical disappointment. Beto beat the hell out of Ted in terms of campaigning. If this race wasnít in Texas, Ted would be a ten point dog.

Yep. Iím very disappointed in the complacency from the Cruz camp. If he loses, itís their own **** fault.
That said, man I hope he wins.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #60
boy wonder
Ten Point

Hunt In: Albany

It takes $$ and Orourke raised almost double to Cruz' $40mil. Out of state donors are trying to buy the election, how many of us donated to Cruz?
boy wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2018, 11:44 AM   #61
Bowdark
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas swamps to Teton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy wonder View Post
It takes $$ and Orourke raised almost double to Cruz' $40mil. Out of state donors are trying to buy the election, how many of us donated to Cruz?

I am sure Cruz had money in his war chest from 2016. It doesn't matter how much beta raised, that doesn't win elections.
Bowdark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #62
fishinguy
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ776 View Post
True that Trumpy beat the dog s out of Ted. To this day every time I hear someone mention Cruz first thing in my mind is Lyiní Ted in Trumpís voice LOL. Get into Trumpís line of fire and you get burned.

Trump left a permanent mark from the beating he put on Cruz.

Had it not been for that then this race would not even be close. I'm still hoping it is a blowout in Cruz's favor. The idea that a dem candidate can come in here with the platform "Beto" ran on is quite frightening.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 07:05 PM   #63
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Yep. Iím very disappointed in the complacency from the Cruz camp. If he loses, itís their own **** fault.
That said, man I hope he wins.
If he loses, you can say hello to Trump's (our) next Supreme Court nominee
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top