Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2018, 12:30 AM   #1
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default Leupold Warranty

I had a vari x iii 3.5-10x40 AO with black specs when looking through and some damage to the tube.

Mailed it off last Tuesday for repair. Just got an email I should have a package arriving next Wednesday.

I don't know if they fixed my scope or are sending me a replacement.

Either way I'm impressed. Outside of a few Zeiss, Leupolds top all my rifles and this is my first experience having to use their service department.

SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 12:45 AM   #2
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Leupy is the best in the optic service / wnty biz...Leica has the worst which is sad having such nice glass.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 01:15 AM   #3
kae006
Ten Point
 
kae006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Comfort, SHNF
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Leupy is the best in the optic service / wnty biz...Leica has the worst which is sad having such nice glass.
Leupold is top notch for sure. That said, Leica replaced a rangefinder for me outside of warranty that the housing cracked on due to a drop.
kae006 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 02:46 AM   #4
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae006 View Post
Leupold is top notch for sure. That said, Leica replaced a rangefinder for me outside of warranty that the housing cracked on due to a drop.
You are fortunate...most of the first hand bad experiences I have are with their upper end range finders that crap out missing the certain time of purchase date. Got sever buds WHO WILL NOT BUY LEICA ever again due to their strict coverage.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 06:38 AM   #5
Old Blue
Ten Point
 
Old Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Katy,Tx
Hunt In: Mexico,
Default

There warranty is great.
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 07:05 AM   #6
cva34
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: van vleck
Hunt In: LOOKING
Default

Leo. tops most of my guns for that main reason..Not only do they take care of business, they DO it FAST....I had warranty done by a few other Scope companys and they usually take care of problem But they are SLOW..6 to 8 weeks
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 07:26 AM   #7
hwy84
Eight Point
 
hwy84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: FAIRFIELD
Default

They sent me a email when they received it with an estimate of 36 days?
hwy84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 07:45 AM   #8
DWA
Ten Point
 
DWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parker County
Hunt In: Palo pinto Johnson counties and Sonora
Default

Keep us posted. Ive got a vari-x iii 4x12x50 w/front ao that looks like hell. Just last week i noticed some black specs. I wonder if they will fix the tube damage also
DWA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 08:37 AM   #9
Spoiled_TN_boy
Four Point
 
Spoiled_TN_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: South Austin
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Range Finders only have a 2 year warranty, but if you send it in they offer your a new one of your choice for 60% off retail.
Spoiled_TN_boy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 08:47 AM   #10
bowhuntz
Four Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
I had a vari x iii 3.5-10x40 AO with black specs when looking through and some damage to the tube.

Mailed it off last Tuesday for repair. Just got an email I should have a package arriving next Wednesday.

I don't know if they fixed my scope or are sending me a replacement.

Either way I'm impressed. Outside of a few Zeiss, Leupolds top all my rifles and this is my first experience having to use their service department.

I sent my 8.5-25X50 Long Range Tactical back yesterday. Hopefully they get it repaired.
bowhuntz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 09:18 AM   #11
flyinstroke
Eight Point
 
flyinstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wharton
Hunt In: Hunt,TX
Default

I got the 36 business day email also. That was 2 months ago. It took them a little shy of that 36 business days. Not complaining as the scope was good as new when I got it back.
flyinstroke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 10:44 AM   #12
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy84 View Post
They sent me a email when they received it with an estimate of 36 days?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinstroke View Post
I got the 36 business day email also. That was 2 months ago. It took them a little shy of that 36 business days. Not complaining as the scope was good as new when I got it back.
I got the 36 day email on Monday.

I'm assuming whatever I'm getting back isn't my scope due to the quick turn around and age of the Vari x line.
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 10:46 AM   #13
flyinstroke
Eight Point
 
flyinstroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wharton
Hunt In: Hunt,TX
Default

Mine was a VXIIC and they sent back the same scope. Checked the serial #.I am ok with that, it is a like new scope with a few scratches on the outside. Works flawlessly.
flyinstroke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #14
JTCowpoke
Six Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wichita Falls
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA View Post
Keep us posted. Ive got a vari-x iii 4x12x50 w/front ao that looks like hell. Just last week i noticed some black specs. I wonder if they will fix the tube damage also
I sent one in a few months ago that had black specks in it. They fixed it and sent it back to me.
JTCowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 02:11 PM   #15
C-dubyah
Four Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Default

Sent mine in after a goat hunt and got it back completely fixed about 6 weeks later. Didn't cost me a thing except postage.
C-dubyah is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-03-2018, 12:22 AM   #16
Jon B
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Default

I have had exceptional service with Leupold. I have sent some nasty second hand scopes back and they have been replaced!
Jon B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2018, 08:07 AM   #17
Texas89
Ten Point
 
Texas89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Round Rock/Columbus
Hunt In: Columbus
Default

Iíve had to send several back over the last few years, two of which were damaged by me. Even after telling them that they still took care of it and in one instance sent me a new scope.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Texas89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-04-2018, 08:12 AM   #18
Houston4x4
Eight Point
 
Houston4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Huntsville
Hunt In: Buffalo area
Default

They are great! And if an issue ever arises they go above and beyond to make it right
Houston4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-07-2018, 05:57 PM   #19
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Scope came in today but I'm not home to check it out. Here's what was sent.

Its matte but I think I may have came out ahead



Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #20
WyoBull
Ten Point
 
WyoBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wyoming
Hunt In: Wyoming
Default

There is a reason I have Leupold on every one of my rifles that has a scope on it. That being said, the quality is so good that I have also never had to send one in due to manufacturers damage/defect. I know if something goes wrong though they will take care of it. One can't ask for anything better that that!
WyoBull is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2018, 09:01 AM   #21
texaspacker
Eight Point
 
texaspacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: Nota
Default

Yes Leupold has a outstanding warranty! Yes sir.
Sent in all three of my 3-9x40 Vaxi X IIIc for warranty. One was fixed and cleaned the other two had to be replaced.
IMO the glass quality of the two new VX 3i is way, way, way less than the Vari X IIIc.
Also I prefer the gloss finish of the Vari X.
I sold both of the VX 3i scopes because IMO they sucked.
Just my two cents worth.
Oh yeah it took almost 3 months to get them back.
Also Leupold said they would replace my Varix with the VX 3i they sent me ther POS Freedoms. After a few phone calls Leupold did send me the VX 3i.
IMO I'm not sure what Leupold is up to with these new Riflemen & Freedom scopes but I spell sumpin' fishy so I'm looking at other manufactures.
Semper fi.

Last edited by texaspacker; 11-10-2018 at 09:32 AM.
texaspacker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2018, 09:45 AM   #22
Greenheadless
Ten Point
 
Greenheadless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Hunt In: Liberty County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Leupy is the best in the optic service / wnty biz...Nikon has the worst which is sad having such nice glass.
FIFY

Love my Leupolds.
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #23
droptine8850
Eight Point
 
droptine8850's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: DFW
Hunt In: South Taylor county
Default

Sent my VX6 in last week to have a CDS ZL2 turret installed. They received it this past Monday. Sent me an email that I needed to call with a credit card to pay for the turret upgrade. Called them on Tuesday and paid, said I should expect my scope back in 3 weeks or so. Received an email from them yesterday with a tracking number. Scope will be here Thursday.
droptine8850 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2018, 02:35 PM   #24
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspacker View Post
Yes Leupold has a outstanding warranty! Yes sir.
Sent in all three of my 3-9x40 Vaxi X IIIc for warranty. One was fixed and cleaned the other two had to be replaced.
IMO the glass quality of the two new VX 3i is way, way, way less than the Vari X IIIc.
Also I prefer the gloss finish of the Vari X.
I sold both of the VX 3i scopes because IMO they sucked.
Just my two cents worth.
Oh yeah it took almost 3 months to get them back.
Also Leupold said they would replace my Varix with the VX 3i they sent me ther POS Freedoms. After a few phone calls Leupold did send me the VX 3i.
IMO I'm not sure what Leupold is up to with these new Riflemen & Freedom scopes but I spell sumpin' fishy so I'm looking at other manufactures.
Semper fi.
Between me and my neighbor we have several old vari x ii and iiis that could stand to be sent in.

I'd bet with all the new technology the freedom scopes are better than 30 year old vari x ii but I wouldn't be happy getting one of those instead. Hesitant to send off.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com