Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 10-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #101
ultrastealth
Ten Point

Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
And all the sheeple who think your guns are going to get taken away by a Democrat or their gun rights are going to be infringed upon, please give me a break. If you really think someone is going to come in and make a law for you to give up your guns or not be able to purchase them, then I dont know what else to tell you. You already have your tinfoil hat on. Hell, the last democratic PRESIDENT didnt take your guns. Hillary didnt take your guns. Pelosi is not going to take your guns. Reid is not going to take your guns. McCarthy, Scalise, and Hoyer are not going to take your guns. They all try, but that will never happen. So to say that a Lt. Governor is going to restrict gun ownership, take your guns, take away your right, blah blah blah, and that is your reasoning for not voting for him is ludicrous.

And to answer the question about voting for Lt. Governor. Yes, you do not vote for him. Leave that box blank. Dont give him the opportunity. Hell, dont vote for any of them, but especially dont vote for him because of the straight ticket BS.
Really? All of those people have said that they are going to take away our guns and you don't believe them? Progun politicians are the only thing standing in their way or they absolutely would. I'm sorry, but this is just an illustration of political ignorance.
ultrastealth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:26 PM   #102
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Want to talk about ignorance? You say they all try to take our gun rights, then say they won't. If people keep voting for them, and they get control, then yes, yes they can affect our gun rights. Educate yourself teach.
So when the Democrats controlled the white house and the leg why didn't they ban all guns?? Probably because it is a constitutional right and would take alot to get that reversed. As opposed to idiots in the state senate that have way more effect on daily lives and many of us our livelihoods.
mastercraftka is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #103
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraftka View Post
So when the Democrats controlled the white house and the leg why didn't they ban all guns?? Probably because it is a constitutional right and would take alot to get that reversed. As opposed to idiots in the state senate that have way more effect on daily lives and many of us our livelihoods.
Ok? How many gun laws are on the books? How many more do you want on the books?

BTW, I never said take them away. I said gun rights. We have lost WAY TOO MANY already, 2nd amendment be ****ed.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:35 PM   #104
sbushee
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Outside

Vote straight republican ticket. The worst republican is better than the best democrat
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:40 PM   #105
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrastealth View Post
Really? All of those people have said that they are going to take away our guns and you don't believe them? Progun politicians are the only thing standing in their way or they absolutely would. I'm sorry, but this is just an illustration of political ignorance.
They have "SAID" they are going to take away our guns. They have been saying that for decades. Has it happened? Is it going to happen? Republicans and others have "SAID" that lottery money is used to support public education, but we all know that it does not. Apt has been "SAID", but nothing has been DONE. How many times has any politician said they are going to lower taxes, get rid of OBAMACARE, or anything else to get votes, yet has actually not acted upon their words. ALL THE TIME! Saying you or better yet, threatening to do something has no meaning when all they do is SAY!

You are right. It is an illustration of political ignorance. Your own. Do you know what it actually takes to overturn an amendment of the constitution? Do you know the process? I highly doubt you do. It wont happen. All that lip service from politicians is just to win votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraftka View Post
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:40 PM   #106
canny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Houston & Zavalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachk View Post
I've never voted for a Democrat before, but will this time...I wont be voting for the democrats but rather AGAINST Dan Patrick. He is killing education and teachers in our state!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I was straight Red, except for LT. Gov. Dan Patrick may win the election, but it will not be because I helped him.
canny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:44 PM   #107
Randy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: 20' up a tree in Leon County

Many folks do not realize how powerful the Lt Governor is.

The LtG has the authority to decide all parliamentary questions and to use his own discretion in senate procedural rules.

And since the constitution gives the state senate the authority to write its own rules, the position of the LtG directs how the senate conducts its business.

LtG also sets the legislative calendar as well as the order in which the bills are presented to the senate.

This gives the LtG the power to tack his own agenda onto larger bills as well as leaving the ones that they do not care for in the dark.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #108
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Well for me folks Lt. Dan got my vote the first time and he will never get it again, that doesn't make me a democrat and it doesn't mean I will vote for one have in the past if it was the right person but it has been few.

He had his chance and he let us down he continues to blow smoke up peoples butts about education and property taxes. Abbott is on notice for me this is his last chance to get something done for the students in this state.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:47 PM   #109
Ishi&Elvis
Six Point

Randy gets it
Ishi&Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:54 PM   #110
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

What specifically has Patrick done in regards to education, and property taxes?
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:55 PM   #111
canny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Houston & Zavalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbushee View Post
Vote straight republican ticket. The worst republican is better than the best democrat
I'm sorry you believe that, and that comes from somebody who is VERY conservative. To have that thought process means you probably didn't do any form of research on either candidate and simply voted for the red one. A famous line from Abraham Lincolns "Gettysburg Address" that says "of the people, by the people, for the people" is often used to define democracy. To vote based on party lines and not based on the individual and how he/she fits into your belief is incorrect IMO. 99% of the time I vote red, because those candidates fit better with my beliefs than others, however I always reserve the right to vote for the best person for the job regardless of what party they belong to.
canny is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 12:58 PM   #112
Jason Fry
Ten Point

Hunt In: a tall tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain39 View Post
I will vote Mostly Red; but Dan Patrick. He helped screw the Houston and Dallas Fireman out of half their pension. He is Not a friend of the Teachers either. Their insurance has sky rocketed and no pay raises as promised; while he tries to screw them out of their pension. He is a failed buisness man and he is not from Texas. Just cause you are a Republican does not you mean have my vote.
This.

And also, a land commissioner who won't screw with the Alamo.

I went to the primary specifically to vote against Dan Patrick, Ted, and George P.
Jason Fry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 01:03 PM   #113
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Fry View Post
This.

And also, a land commissioner who won't screw with the Alamo.

I went to the primary specifically to vote against Dan Patrick, Ted, and George P.
Ted? Why is that?
Old 10-24-2018, 01:11 PM   #114
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point

Quote:
Ok? How many gun laws are on the books? How many more do you want on the books?

BTW, I never said take them away. I said gun rights. We have lost WAY TOO MANY already, 2nd amendment be ****ed.
Can you tell me what gun rights of yours have been taken away in Texas? I am curious to see what those rights are that you and I no longer have because the dems took them away.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:15 PM   #115
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

Quote:
Ted? Why is that?
X2
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 01:16 PM   #116
Ishi&Elvis
Six Point

Dale, this is what I have against him as a Texas educator since 1982. He consistently voted down adding state revenue to public schools, even as they have grown exponentially. He will not support the state contributing more than $75 dollars toward health insurance, it has been the same since 2002. He voted to cut $5.4 bil from public education. He is pro voucher, which is not a bad idea in some ways, but his goal is to privatize schools so that teachers will then have to pay into a 401k of their own. What does that do to me? It removes the thousands of teachers that will come after me and drastically affect my TRS retirement. He wants counties to take up more of the slack for public education, so that the state will not have to pay in as much toward public education. That is why property taxes continue to soar. Those are some reasons I am looking for an alternative, and did not support him or Greg Abbott, his cohort in this. They are part of the 'do nothing" group in Austin, unless of course it benefits them.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:17 PM   #117
Jason Fry
Ten Point

Hunt In: a tall tree

Quote:
Ted? Why is that?
Because sitting out on the right and hollering isn't doing Texas any good. While I may agree with some of his political positions, what has he actually accomplished? If Washington is a cesspool of dirty deals, or whatever, then we need somebody to get in there and make deals that benefit us. Positioning yourself as an outsider doesn't do Texas any good.

I might vote for Ted as a leader of a free and independent Texas, but as a federal guy, he hasn't been useful.

That said, I voted against him in the primary. Given the choice between him and Beto, however, I'll stick with Ted.
Jason Fry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 01:17 PM   #118
ultrastealth
Ten Point

Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX

Quote:
They have "SAID" they are going to take away our guns. They have been saying that for decades. Has it happened? Is it going to happen? Republicans and others have "SAID" that lottery money is used to support public education, but we all know that it does not. Apt has been "SAID", but nothing has been DONE. How many times has any politician said they are going to lower taxes, get rid of OBAMACARE, or anything else to get votes, yet has actually not acted upon their words. ALL THE TIME! Saying you or better yet, threatening to do something has no meaning when all they do is SAY!

You are right. It is an illustration of political ignorance. Your own. Do you know what it actually takes to overturn an amendment of the constitution? Do you know the process? I highly doubt you do. It wont happen. All that lip service from politicians is just to win votes.

So, I can vote for people who "say" they will take away my guns or people who "say" they won't. I'll take the one who say the right thing over the ones who say the wrong thing every day of the week. Oh, and, if you don't like what's going on with state funding, the private sector awaits you.
ultrastealth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 01:19 PM   #119
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Fry View Post
Because sitting out on the right and hollering isn't doing Texas any good. While I may agree with some of his political positions, what has he actually accomplished? If Washington is a cesspool of dirty deals, or whatever, then we need somebody to get in there and make deals that benefit us. Positioning yourself as an outsider doesn't do Texas any good.

I might vote for Ted as a leader of a free and independent Texas, but as a federal guy, he hasn't been useful.

That said, I voted against him in the primary. Given the choice between him and Beto, however, I'll stick with Ted.
So you're voting for bedo?
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 01:20 PM   #120
McLovin
Four Point

Hunt In: Somerville

Quote:
Great, glad you taught yourself to read. You must have been a impressive 5 year old. Now get your facts right and maybe you can make a educated post.
an impressive
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #121
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
Dale, this is what I have against him as a Texas educator since 1982. He consistently voted down adding state revenue to public schools, even as they have grown exponentially. He will not support the state contributing more than $75 dollars toward health insurance, it has been the same since 2002. He voted to cut $5.4 bil from public education. He is pro voucher, which is not a bad idea in some ways, but his goal is to privatize schools so that teachers will then have to pay into a 401k of their own. What does that do to me? It removes the thousands of teachers that will come after me and drastically affect my TRS retirement. He wants counties to take up more of the slack for public education, so that the state will not have to pay in as much toward public education. That is why property taxes continue to soar. Those are some reasons I am looking for an alternative, and did not support him or Greg Abbott, his cohort in this. They are part of the 'do nothing" group in Austin, unless of course it benefits them.
Well said!! Is is what he hasn't done, because he openly opposes public education. Don't believe the property tax relief it is smoke and mirrors.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #122
3DW5
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon Co, Jim Hogg and Starr Co.

Quote:
I will vote Mostly Red; but Dan Patrick. He helped screw the Houston and Dallas Fireman out of half their pension. He is Not a friend of the Teachers either. Their insurance has sky rocketed and no pay raises as promised; while he tries to screw them out of their pension. He is a failed buisness man and he is not from Texas. Just cause you are a Republican does not you mean have my vote.
1000%
I have never voted anything but Red, tomorrow that changes.
3DW5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 01:22 PM   #123
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Quote:
So, I can vote for people who "say" they will take away my guns or people who "say" they won't. I'll take the one who say the right thing over the ones who say the wrong thing every day of the week. Oh, and, if you don't like what's going on with state funding, the private sector awaits you.
I have been in both the state funding issues hands down are more screwed up!! Not even close.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:23 PM   #124
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DW5 View Post
1000%
I have never voted anything but Red, tomorrow that changes.
amen
Old 10-24-2018, 01:24 PM   #125
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:

Thank you.

As an educator, which do you see as the best alternative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2018, 01:27 PM   #126
bullhead44
Ten Point

Quote:
I have nothing more to add to this except he comes off as a phony on the commercial with old truck and work gloves
bullhead44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 01:30 PM   #127
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
If schools have grown exponentially, then it's obvious that the tax base has as well.

I guess I don't understand the correlation between property tax, most of which goes the the ISD's, and the school districts needing money from the state. Educate me teachers.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:34 PM   #128
bullhead44
Ten Point

education funding has been cut, therefore putting the burden on the local districts. This in return is causing property taxes to go up
Old 10-24-2018, 01:38 PM   #129
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point

Quote:
So, you are basing your vote on one issue. Gun rights. Got it. That is your platform on why you vote. You are told what you want to hear on one issue, so you base your vote on that one thing and that lip service. I actually look at the whole picture, because I know that I am not going to agree with everything that my candidate says and I might agree with something that the democrats say. Dan Patrick has been saying the "right thing" about education for years, yet been doing the complete opposite. If you researched, instead of just listened to what people say, you would see that. But I guess since he said the "right" thing about one issue, you are going to vote for him. Just to let you know, the people who say they are going to take away your guns are really not going to do it. Take off your tinfoil hat.

And I knew it was coming. The "you chose to be a teacher and if you dont like it, get out of teaching and go do something else" comment and way of thinking. I am surprised that it did not come earlier in the thread.Did you not read any of my earlier posts? As evidence by your comment, I highly doubt it. Go back and read what I posted about my choice to become an educator. It is not just about me and what I make as a teacher and coach. It has to do with the future of our state and the way it is headed. Education and funding should be at the forefront of everyone's minds. If not, you are going to cry and moan about your school district not having enough teachers to serve your kid. You are going to complain and moan about the teachers are not qualified to teach your kid. You are going to whine and moan about the coaches not calling the right play or not knowing what they are doing, because all the coaches that knew what they were doing took your advice and got out of coaching to join the private sector. You are going to gripe and moan because your little Jimmy is being coached in some sport by somebody who cant spell "ball", yet the district had to hire him 2 days before school started because they needed a teacher and had to hire anyone that could breath because the quality coaches left. And then when the quality teachers have taken your advice and left for the private sector, you will gripe and moan about that because they wanted to make more money and they really never cared about your kid in the first place. So, either way, you are going to gripe about one thing or another when it comes to public school funding!

But as long as that person said he is not going to take away my guns makes it alright.

Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 10-24-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:42 PM   #130
ezypikns
Eight Point

Hunt In: Way down yonder in the Indian Nation.
Default I was going to post something.......

but what's the point?
ezypikns is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 01:45 PM   #131
Ishi&Elvis
Six Point

The exponential growth of students does not necessarily translate to more property tax revenue. Just because you have more mouths to feed does not make your property more valuable. The influx of "foreign exchange students" with special needs means more programs, and that means that the dollars are cut that much thinner to meet state mandates by our political heroes in Austin. We have a proposal that Patrick supports, school vouchers. In some cases it will be very beneficial to families needing to be able to go to a private school to escape an ISD that is failing the clientele. It will not help many rural districts because the choices are limited. It will not help student who have handicaps because most private schools do not want to take on the burden they become. It will also take public dollars and put them into private teachers salaries, and if the state was willing to make up the shortfall in my TRS account, then that would be a start. I think there are too many programs, too many mid management people who have no functional part of the education process that make too much money for what little they do. It is a mess, and Greg Abbott and Dan Patrick support it. The need for cutting regulations and mandates in Texas education is vast. They mean well, but they want us to shoulder the greatest burden and not do their part. The Texas Supreme Court agrees with me on that. That is all I have to say.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:46 PM   #132
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point

Quote:
Pretty much sums it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Thank you.

As an educator, which do you see as the best alternative?

Well, it was Scott Milder in the primary. Now, in my opinion, it is Mike Collier. Anyone really other than Dan Goeb. But if you vote for someone that cant win, the libertarian candidate, then Goeb is going to win because of the split votes between Collier and the Libertarian, McKennon.

Quote:
If schools have grown exponentially, then it's obvious that the tax base has as well.

I guess I don't understand the correlation between property tax, most of which goes the the ISD's, and the school districts needing money from the state. Educate me teachers.
Your answer is below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead44 View Post
education funding has been cut, therefore putting the burden on the local districts. This in return is causing property taxes to go up

Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 10-24-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:47 PM   #133
coachk
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Clay Co

Quote:
The exponential growth of students does not necessarily translate to more property tax revenue. Just because you have more mouths to feed does not make your property more valuable. The influx of "foreign exchange students" with special needs means more programs, and that means that the dollars are cut that much thinner to meet state mandates by our political heroes in Austin. We have a proposal that Patrick supports, school vouchers. In some cases it will be very beneficial to families needing to be able to go to a private school to escape an ISD that is failing the clientele. It will not help many rural districts because the choices are limited. It will not help student who have handicaps because most private schools do not want to take on the burden they become. It will also take public dollars and put them into private teachers salaries, and if the state was willing to make up the shortfall in my TRS account, then that would be a start. I think there are too many programs, too many mid management people who have no functional part of the education process that make too much money for what little they do. It is a mess, and Greg Abbott and Dan Patrick support it. The need for cutting regulations and mandates in Texas education is vast. They mean well, but they want us to shoulder the greatest burden and not do their part. The Texas Supreme Court agrees with me on that. That is all I have to say.
Amen!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
coachk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 01:49 PM   #134
TXHunter12
Ten Point

As I said before. If you want to rid the Republican party of bad actors the time to do that is in the primaries. Very few people vote in the primaries compared to the general election.

Voting for another party just because you don’t like that person still most likely gets someone that is actually much worse.

There are more than a few that need to be replaced in the next primaries.

Last edited by TXHunter12; 10-24-2018 at 01:58 PM.
TXHunter12 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 01:49 PM   #135
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County

Quote:

Depends on the district. "Robin Hood" takes property tax from what Austin considers "wealthy" districts (aka Chapter 41 districts) and sends it to Austin for "redistribution".
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 01:55 PM   #136
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Now, in my opinion, it is Mike Collier. Anyone really other than Dan Goeb.

I won't go that far, but thank you for the info.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:57 PM   #137
TXHunter12
Ten Point

So the schools are wrecked due to migration and lack of funding. So supporting a democrat who only wants to further increase migration is the answer?
Old 10-24-2018, 01:57 PM   #138
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
"Exponential growth" absolutely means more property tax revenue. I build schools. It's extremely obvious why I build schools. Huge subdivisions popping up everywhere. Property revenues exploding due to going from a 300 acre, ag exempt farm, to 100 single family homes. The previous example is very small, btw.

I agree on the mismanagement of that revenue. And if "foreign exchange students" are an issue, then that should be on the Feds, not the state.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:58 PM   #139
Ishi&Elvis
Six Point

It has become very difficult to unseat an incumbent. Very difficult. Especially one who does not introduce legislation, just pushes it through and blames the losses on the legislators. Lt. Governor in Texas is a powerful man, just ask Bob Bullock.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:58 PM   #140
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

There is no way I could vote for a Democrat I don't care how crooked their Republican opponents might or might not be. There are ethics committees and the justice system that can deal with him/her if need be.

By the way you should place most of the blame on Obama and the Democrats for expensive insurance premiums.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Last edited by iamntxhunter; 10-24-2018 at 02:02 PM.
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 02:02 PM   #141
bullhead44
Ten Point

Quote:
"Exponential growth" absolutely means more property tax revenue. I build schools. It's extremely obvious why I build schools. Huge subdivisions popping up everywhere. Property revenues exploding due to going from a 300 acre, ag exempt farm, to 100 single family homes. The previous example is very small, btw.

I agree on the mismanagement of that revenue. And if "foreign exchange students" are an issue, then that should be on the Feds, not the state.
see post 135
Old 10-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #142
TXHunter12
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
There is no way I could vote for a Democrat I don't care how crooked their Republican opponents might or might not be. There are ethics committees and the justice system that can deal with him/her if need be.

By the way you should place most of the blame on Obama and the Democrats for expensive insurance premiums.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Donít forget one other contributor: John McCain

And yes my premium just increased 45% from last year with no better coverage and higher deductibles.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #143
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead44 View Post
see post 135
Well there you go! Proof that Socialism doesn't work. Why vote for someone who wants more socialism?
Old 10-24-2018, 02:11 PM   #144
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

But how are we going to fix the transgender bathroom epidemic without a strong leader like DP??

TeamAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 02:17 PM   #145
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:

While I donít believe that there will
be a mass ďtakingĒ of guns in my lifetime but they know itís just a matter of time that they will continue to incrementally restrict access to them through taxes, regulation & legislation as well as indoctrination of ďguns are evilĒ itís only a matter of time before it happens. And they are very patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 02:18 PM   #146
bullhead44
Ten Point

Quote:
Well there you go! Proof that Socialism doesn't work. Why vote for someone who wants more socialism?
that was in reference to mismanagement
Old 10-24-2018, 02:19 PM   #147
Ishi&Elvis
Six Point

As I previously stated, if a group of families move into an established community, that increases the student population, especially when families are large. In a rural community that has serious financial consequences for the school district. One house or a subdivision, it matters not. There are more students flowing into the state, and the state is not keeping up with revenue for districts. The Robin Hood plan is devastating to some. Not all school districts have new schools, or new subdivisions going in. Multiple family units living in one household does not generate more property tax. Yes there are areas where growth is occurring and your example is valid. Rural schools are a different animal. You are correct in your statement that socialism does not work.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:22 PM   #148
Sika
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill Country and East TX

Quote:
And all the sheeple who think your guns are going to get taken away by a Democrat or their gun rights are going to be infringed upon, please give me a break. If you really think someone is going to come in and make a law for you to give up your guns or not be able to purchase them, then I dont know what else to tell you. You already have your tinfoil hat on.
One word: California

No thanks!!
Sika is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #149
texan4ut
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County

Vote red
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 02:26 PM   #150
Ironman
Pope & Young