Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 10-31-2018, 06:54 PM   #201
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
Remember a lot of Mexicans (when used as an ethnicity) came from California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Kansas & Texas. The US is filled with crime, corruption, etc. I think the reason that Mexico along with the other Latin American countries where these people are from have the problems they do is because they don't have a 2nd amendment.

2nd amendment almost guarantees democracy and democracy fights corruption (mostly).
That's a very valid point.
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2018, 07:09 PM   #202
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Trump ups the troops on the border to 15k
But there are only 7k "invaders"
So 2:1 us to them ratio
Playing right to his base
14th comments???
He knows it'll never happen but again
Playing right to his base

Gosh and i thought the Obama years were bad!
Youíre implying Trumpís two years have been worse than Obamaís!? Honestly, you just sound bitter. Economy is up, stock markets hit record highs, unemployment at record lows for blacks, Hispanics, Asians. Overall Unemployment at a 50 year low. In talks to de-nuke North Korea, RESPECTED on the world stage again, negotiating and implementing fair trade policies, and on and on.

Please explain to me how this is worse than Obama, without the bull **** rhetoric and hyperbole. Honestly, I want to hear this?
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2018, 07:21 PM   #203
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Youíre implying Trumpís two years have been worse than Obamaís!? Honestly, you just sound bitter. Economy is up, stock markets hit record highs, unemployment at record lows for blacks, Hispanics, Asians. Overall Unemployment at a 50 year low. In talks to de-nuke North Korea, RESPECTED on the world stage again, negotiating and implementing fair trade policies, and on and on.

Please explain to me how this is worse than Obama, without the bull **** rhetoric and hyperbole. Honestly, I want to hear this?
Liberals have a hard time with reality. They live in a Utopia bubble where they believe the world is all rainbows and cotton candy.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:32 PM   #204
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerr & Lavaca County

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Liberals have a hard time with reality. They live in a Utopia bubble where they believe the world is all rainbows and cotton candy.
You know Brandon....that would be a great user name change for Texansfan.

I notice he's back on another current events thread attempting to incite & "asking his questions" - while still ducking the questions directed to him...

Big difference in debating a topic & just trying to be a horse's azz....

Hell, I'm still waiting for him to explain exactly HOW he's gonna offer free college to everyone WITHOUT using and/or raising taxes like he supports?
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2018, 07:34 PM   #205
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
You know Brandon....that would be a great user name change for Texansfan.

I notice he's back on another current events thread attempting to incite & "asking his questions" - while still ducking the questions directed to him...

Big difference in debating a topic & just trying to be a horse's azz....

Hell, I'm still waiting for him to explain exactly HOW he's gonna offer free college to everyone WITHOUT using and/or raising taxes like he supports?
Thatís all I ask. Iím open to having my mind changed on some issues. Give me some facts. Give me a plan for doing xyz.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:36 PM   #206
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Gonna say it one more time and then I quit.
You just can't fix stupid
muzzlebrake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2018, 07:49 PM   #207
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Quote:
Thatís all I ask. Iím open to having my mind changed on some issues. Give me some facts. Give me a plan for doing xyz.
yes sir...that's how it is at our REAL campfire...
Be it politics, religion or chili...a good debate & banter can often times be very educational if you're open to listening...

There are ALOT of very wise men/women on this site I really enjoy reading their thoughts, that often oppose mine...they get me thinking....and they are welcome to my campfire any day.

Then there are those like Texansfan just stirring the pot....
He'd be politely shown the gate...
Old 10-31-2018, 07:58 PM   #208
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Playing to his base or doing what he thinks is right for America and the American people?

And the Obama years WERE bad!
He's not God
And when not only the majority of Americans but even members of the GOP go against him that should be his que to stand down
texansfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2018, 08:05 PM   #209
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Quote:
He's not God
And when not only the majority of Americans but even members of the GOP go against him that should be his que to stand down
And where exactly do you get the information to support this claim; the media?

If you, the libs & the media had your way, Trump would sit idol in the White House until yall positioned yourselves to move back in...

YOU LOST...get over it already...b!tching about everything he does for 4 years will do nothing....

We had to live through Obummer, you can live through the Orange Man...
Old 10-31-2018, 08:32 PM   #210
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
He's not God
He is President of the United States. His main job is to protect this country and its citizens. He has called for the military to be sent to the border. He is the Commander in Chief. Who in the **** do you think you are?
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2018, 08:42 PM   #211
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
He is President of the United States. His main job is to protect this country and its citizens. He has called for the military to be sent to the border. He is the Commander in Chief. Who in the **** do you think you are?
A whiney liberal who thinks Trump is a meanie head. Trump is actually doing what real leaders with balls do. Last President we had that had the same set was Reagan
Old 10-31-2018, 09:34 PM   #212
Leemo
Ten Point

Quote:
He's not God
Somebody put you up to this, have you been taken hostage?
Leemo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2018, 09:50 PM   #213
TXHunter12
Ten Point

In Texas we had years as Bush junior governor then president with Perry taking his place for a record number of years. It was not until Perry was running for President he decided to meet Obama getting off the plane protesting illegal immigration. He couldn’t have done more with a Republican President? Oh wait he had one many years!

It was later Perry in a debate said that if you didn’t support free college tuition for illegal aliens you didn’t have a heart.

Then we find out later Bush senior voted for Hillary. Then Bush junior decides to remain silent the entire Obama presidency but chooses to speak out publicly against Trump.

We watched the Texas border ignored under Bush senior as President, Bush as Governor, Perry as Governor, Bush as President, and Obama!

My point is that Perry and the entire Bush Family should have just as much blame as Obama!

Last edited by TXHunter12; 10-31-2018 at 09:53 PM.
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2018, 10:28 PM   #214
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHunter12 View Post
In Texas we had years as Bush junior governor then president with Perry taking his place for a record number of years. It was not until Perry was running for President he decided to meet Obama getting off the plane protesting illegal immigration. He couldnít have done more with a Republican President? Oh wait he had one many years!

It was later Perry in a debate said that if you didnít support free college tuition for illegal aliens you didnít have a heart.

Then we find out later Bush senior voted for Hillary. Then Bush junior decides to remain silent the entire Obama presidency but chooses to speak out publicly against Trump.

We watched the Texas border ignored under Bush senior as President, Bush as Governor, Perry as Governor, Bush as President, and Obama!

My point is that Perry and the entire Bush Family should have just as much blame as Obama!
I agree 100% with ya. Every president since Bush Sr is to blame
Old 10-31-2018, 10:45 PM   #215
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
I agree 100% with ya. Every president since Bush Sr is to blame
Indeed...my biggest gripe right now is that the entire nation is waiting for the caravan to arrive like THAT is the big problem?? We are maxed / over capacity in the McAllen sector & have been since the LAST **** central american rush most everyone has forgotten about. I saw unmarked busses hauling off immigrants to a town near you today.

My BP buddy works canine on the river & says it's mad house & are apprehending gang members & middle easterners that would make your head spin. Imagine this along the entire southern border!! We will likely surpass the total head count from today to when the actual total caravan count that is still 6 weeks out, but you don't hear crap about it.

The invasion has been going on for some time, but the media doesn't care about leaky pipes...only when one that bursts is news worthy?? I really do not think the masses understand what is going on down here.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2018, 10:50 PM   #216
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemo View Post
Somebody put you up to this, have you been taken hostage?
No, he is just a d.a....
I sure wish yíall would quoting him, so I wouldnít have to see his drivel.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2018, 10:57 PM   #217
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
No, he is just a d.a....
I sure wish yíall would quoting him, so I wouldnít have to see his drivel.
Yep! These token libtards would have much less of a voice if they were not quoted!! Ain't a single one of them ever said anything worth repeating either!!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2018, 11:05 PM   #218
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Indeed...my biggest gripe right now is that the entire nation is waiting for the caravan to arrive like THAT is the big problem?? We are maxed / over capacity in the McAllen sector & have been since the LAST **** central american rush most everyone has forgotten about. I saw unmarked busses hauling off immigrants to a town near you today.

My BP buddy works canine on the river & says it's mad house & are apprehending gang members & middle easterners that would make your head spin. Imagine this along the entire southern border!! We will likely surpass the total head count from today to when the actual total caravan count that is still 6 weeks out, but you don't hear crap about it.

The invasion has been going on for some time, but the media doesn't care about leaky pipes...only when one that bursts is news worthy?? I really do not think the masses understand what is going on down here.

My Brother is a BP agent in the Comstock sector and he said its fixing to be a **** show. They are seeing the same.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:51 PM   #219
TXHunter12
Ten Point

The news is constantly reporting about a caravan of thousands when there are reports that estimate about about 6-7 k are crossing the Texas border a week!

It’s the same when the news gets worked up over a mass shooting and every weekend 10 times more happens in Chicago alone!

Nothing has been happening to stop this for a long time!
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 02:10 AM   #220
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

I'm hearing from a friend, that lives on the border, that our troops are showing up down there unarmed. They are only there to assist the BP.. I called BS but that's his story.. Anyone else have info on this?
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 02:40 AM   #221
Artos
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
I'm hearing from a friend, that lives on the border, that our troops are showing up down there unarmed. They are only there to assist the BP.. I called BS but that's his story.. Anyone else have info on this?
Fact...like the guard & as I stated to you before, the military boots are support roles only. Make no mistake they wll help increase where bp is freed up to detain more efficiently but we still have the whole asylum processing, tent city fiasco in the attempt to reverse the current catch & release to catch & return. Ugly balance & not so crystal clear like folks think. It will be fubar...time consuming fubar from the get go. Trump will not succeed in in his attempt to circumvent 14 via EO. Congress needs to fix the issue & we got a bunch of hurdles still.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:29 AM   #222
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

Quote:
Fact...like the guard & as I stated to you before, the military boots are support roles only. Make no mistake they wll help increase where bp is freed up to detain more efficiently but we still have the whole asylum processing, tent city fiasco in the attempt to reverse the current catch & release to catch & return. Ugly balance & not so crystal clear like folks think. It will be fubar...time consuming fubar from the get go. Trump will not succeed in in his attempt to circumvent 14 via EO. Congress needs to fix the issue & we got a bunch of hurdles still.
Build thst fuggin WALL!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 08:45 AM   #223
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
I saw a news clip yesterday of troops loading on a military transport plane that were carrying rifles. Could have been old file footage for all I know.
My GF is in the Texas State Guard. They are allowed to carry on SARS deployment if they have an LTC. She does and she carries concealed. TSG is on standby right now as I understand. Her last deployment was for 6 weeks during hurricane Harvey. Almost everyone in her group was carrying. Don't expect that to change if she is deployed again for this mess.

There is a looming possibility that things are about to get real down south.
The South Texas border needs to be shut down completely.
Water cannon blockades at every bridge. Tanks and bulldozers to shove the mess off into the river or back across the center line.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:05 PM   #224
donpablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default $

Sending the militaryís nice but I canít help but with the restrictions put on them I think the money would be better spent hiring more BP agents and giving them the equipment they need to get the job done.

The biggest problem here isnít even the caravan. Itís a Repub majority in Congress that should be busting their butts fixing our immigration laws. Whatís the point in a majority that wonít do the job their base wants them to do?
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 06:21 PM   #225
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Build thst fuggin WALL!
What we are about to see when the migrants try to storm across ....will literally be left wing funded commercial advertisement for the wall.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #226
Artos
Pope & Young

Boots on the ground in McAllen...reports are coming across the wire some will indeed be armed.

Heard on sat radio news a 4th caravan is getting ready to boogie north...we ain't in Kansas anymore. Not sure I wanna see the odds on this getting real.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:19 PM   #227
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Boots on the ground in McAllen...reports are coming across the wire some will indeed be armed.

Heard on sat radio news a 4th caravan is getting ready to boogie north...we ain't in Kansas anymore. Not sure I wanna see the odds on this getting real.
Many are armed. The women and children are nothing but decoys. What is coming is a bunch of **** thugs
Old 11-01-2018, 07:26 PM   #228
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Quote:

My parents said there were about 40-50 military vehicles rolling through Hallettsville around noon today...
Old 11-01-2018, 07:55 PM   #229
Artos
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
My parents said there were about 40-50 military vehicles rolling through Hallettsville around noon today...
Yeah...just barely getting going. While I'm at a loss trying to wrap my head around the magnitude of how this will shake down, I gotta hope this ends up being a military training exercise worthy of our tax dollars. Would rather see this than other war games played practicing to protect some pretend incident across the pond. Might be some lessons learned even if anticlimactic with the caravan??

Trying to find a hint of something positive out of all this somehow. I miss the border I grew up with.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:03 PM   #230
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Sending the militaryís nice but I canít help but with the restrictions put on them I think the money would be better spent hiring more BP agents and giving them the equipment they need to get the job done.

The biggest problem here isnít even the caravan. Itís a Repub majority in Congress that should be busting their butts fixing our immigration laws. Whatís the point in a majority that wonít do the job their base wants them to do?

This is why every single one of us needs to write our Congressman and Senator demanding they resolve this issue once and for all. If they don't, we will vote them out of office next election. Id they get enough of these request they won't be able to kick the can down the road anymore if they want to keep their job.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 08:04 PM   #231
100%TtId
Ten Point

A big ol' ****storms a brewin'.

I have a bad feeling it's gonna get Western on the Southern border.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 08:04 PM   #232
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Our military people get paid anyway. They might as well be doing something instead of lounging around the barracks and dayroom watching TV at night.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:06 PM   #233
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack/Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Our military people get paid anyway. They might as well be doing something instead of lounging around the barracks and dayroom watching TV at night.
Former military are you?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
DFWPI is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #234
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Quote:
Yeah...just barely getting going. While I'm at a loss trying to wrap my head around the magnitude of how this will shake down, I gotta hope this ends up being a military training exercise worthy of our tax dollars. Would rather see this than other war games played practicing to protect some pretend incident across the pond. Might be some lessons learned even if anticlimactic with the caravan??

Trying to find a hint of something positive out of all this somehow. I miss the border I grew up with.
agreed....at the very least, something is being done & it has to start somewhere...may not be the best answer, but hopefully it gets the ball rolling in the right direction...
Old 11-01-2018, 08:10 PM   #235
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Quote:

Which part would you fix first? I keep seeing a commercial about "immigration policy in our on image," or something to that effect. Everytime that guy comes on I actually mute him.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:11 PM   #236
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Dude...really?

You sound like Obama & his "defunding the military" because we don't use them BS....
Old 11-01-2018, 08:36 PM   #237
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Well...never thought I would a 1st rounder thats been on here since 2008...what'ya know.

Ol' boy is vying for the starting QB position.
Death from Above is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 09:53 PM   #238
donpablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWPI View Post
Which part would you fix first?
Probably the part where they are released in America to await a hearing. But what Iíd really love to see is legislation that denies benefits (welfare, disability,etc.) to all non-citizens. I know this is ultra conservative thinking but I donít even believe legal residents should be eligible for these benefits. Only citizens should receive these services. I also believe that there should be a waiting period for people who become citizens before they become eligible as well.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-01-2018, 09:54 PM   #239
BrandonA
Pope & Young

I have to ask myself is this whole migration of armed thugs a way to force Trump to call their bluff and engage them in a fight? Knowing they can't win? The Dems are trying desperately to paint trump as anti-immigration. They want him to fail at all cost.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:02 PM   #240
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Quote:
Probably the part where they are released in America to await a hearing. But what Iíd really love to see is legislation that denies benefits (welfare, disability,etc.) to all non-citizens. I know this is ultra conservative thinking but I donít even believe legal residents should be eligible for these benefits. Only citizens should receive these services. I also believe that there should be a waiting period for people who become citizens before they become eligible as well.
Then you should run....

Old 11-01-2018, 10:08 PM   #241
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Quote:
I have to ask myself is this whole migration of armed thugs a way to force Trump to call their bluff and engage them in a fight? Knowing they can't win? The Dems are trying desperately to paint trump as anti-immigration. They want him to fail at all cost.
This truly is a no win for Trump. As the caravan draws near they will move what relatively few women and children there are to the front. The media will run with the picture of our military staring down woke and children.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:28 PM   #242
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
This truly is a no win for Trump. As the caravan draws near they will move what relatively few women and children there are to the front. The media will run with the picture of our military staring down woke and children.
Texanfan whatever will come in and defend this planned migration. But if you ask yourself why now, why how, why anti-American... And who planned it? That's the questions Americans should be asking

Last edited by BrandonA; 11-01-2018 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:01 AM   #243
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Quote:
Texanfan whatever will come in and defend this planned migration. But if you ask yourself why now, why how, why anti-American... And who planned it? That's the questions Americans should be asking
Why don't "we" have people in this caravan? If there are so many liberal reporters that have been following this for weeks why not a conservative?

Or undercover with hidden cameras? I'd love to see tape of who's paying them, telling them what to do, and leading women/children to the front when reporters need them there.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 12:39 AM   #244
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Why don't "we" have people in this caravan? If there are so many liberal reporters that have been following this for weeks why not a conservative?

Or undercover with hidden cameras? I'd love to see tape of who's paying them, telling them what to do, and leading women/children to the front when reporters need them there.
Beto campaign

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...needs-to-know/
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 08:02 AM   #245
TX Outlaw
Ten Point

TX Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 08:44 AM   #246
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Now the Migrants have filed a class action lawsuit against Trump and his administration for violating their Constituinal Rights!!! What fíing American rights do these illegal thugs think they are entitled to? And how do they have time to even sue? Another liberal democratic **** show..

Last edited by BrandonA; 11-02-2018 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:22 AM   #247
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Now the Migrants have filed a class action lawsuit against Trump and his administration for violating their Constituinal Rights!!! What fíing American rights do these illegal thugs think they are entitled to? And how do they have time to even sue? Another liberal democratic **** show..
Good. These idiots pushing this crap are going to force the SC to rule on all of this, and it's not going to turn out like they hoped it would.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 09:32 AM   #248
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Youíre implying Trumpís two years have been worse than Obamaís!? Honestly, you just sound bitter.

1. Economy is up,

2. stock markets hit record highs,

3. unemployment at record lows for blacks, Hispanics, Asians.

4. Overall Unemployment at a 50 year low.

5. In talks to de-nuke North Korea, RESPECTED on the world stage again, negotiating and implementing fair trade policies, and on and on.

1 & 2 Don't effect my livelihood and what specific economic policies has trump implemented that caused such a great rise?

3. Why do I care and how does that effect me?

4. Again how does this effect me?

5. Really? Have you checked the latest update on that situation??? #fail!!!!
texansfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 09:34 AM   #249
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Quote:
Good. These idiots pushing this crap are going to force the SC to rule on all of this, and it's not going to turn out like they hoped it would.
Won't be necessary... they have no standing.
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-02-2018, 09:44 AM   #250
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
1 & 2 Don't effect my livelihood and what specific economic policies has trump implemented that caused such a great rise?

3. Why do I care and how does that effect me?

4. Again how does this effect me?

5. Really? Have you checked the latest update on that situation??? #fail!!!!
So what are you a **** welfare bum? Everybody benefits from a growing economy unless you are on the government tit