Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2018, 04:49 PM   #151
Turnkey
Spike
 
Turnkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
377 and the bike trails will work. Go east.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Thanks
Turnkey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2018, 10:32 PM   #152
grim-bob
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Default

anyone know if any permits are left. Assume waterfowls gone but curious on general. Have a buddy who'd like to grab if there are some left
grim-bob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2018, 05:36 AM   #153
Buck Smacker
Four Point
 
Buck Smacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim-bob View Post
anyone know if any permits are left. Assume waterfowls gone but curious on general. Have a buddy who'd like to grab if there are some left
Call the corps office, they might have general hunting permits left.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Buck Smacker is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2018, 05:44 PM   #154
Ispdnxs
Six Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: DFW and Lake Whitney
Hunt In: Various Public Lands
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim-bob View Post
anyone know if any permits are left. Assume waterfowls gone but curious on general. Have a buddy who'd like to grab if there are some left
Plenty of general permits left. Picked up my deer tag and a general permit earlier today. There were still 500ish general permits left. Waterfowl were gone by midweek.
Ispdnxs is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2018, 11:39 AM   #155
godum
Spike
 
godum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Flower Mound
Hunt In: Buffalo Gap, TX and West Grapevine, TX
Default

Anyone else seen that 200+ B&C class buck running around by the tower? I bet he will weigh over 200# also. He is the biggest that I have seen on the lake. I normally see the smaller 160/170 class bucks in that area....
godum is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2018, 11:46 AM   #156
ultralite09
Pope & Young
 
ultralite09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: N. DFW
Hunt In: Childress, Brady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godum View Post
Anyone else seen that 200+ B&C class buck running around by the tower? I bet he will weigh over 200# also. He is the biggest that I have seen on the lake. I normally see the smaller 160/170 class bucks in that area....


I've got him coming into my feeder just about every night around 7:45
ultralite09 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2018, 11:50 AM   #157
godum
Spike
 
godum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Flower Mound
Hunt In: Buffalo Gap, TX and West Grapevine, TX
Default

Maybe he will get out earlier when the rut kicks in....I sure would like to see someone harvest him. He is at least 6 years old, maybe 7. Will probably go down hill after this season.
godum is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2018, 04:41 PM   #158
troy_w_7
Eight Point
 
troy_w_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lewisville, TX
Hunt In: North TX Public Land
Default

Prove it
troy_w_7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #159
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godum View Post
Anyone else seen that 200+ B&C class buck running around by the tower? I bet he will weigh over 200# also. He is the biggest that I have seen on the lake. I normally see the smaller 160/170 class bucks in that area....
Hes been hanging out around the parking area on 377 also.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2018, 05:20 PM   #160
godum
Spike
 
godum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Flower Mound
Hunt In: Buffalo Gap, TX and West Grapevine, TX
Default

That must be last years picture... He is bigger this year....
godum is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2018, 05:38 PM   #161
godum
Spike
 
godum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Flower Mound
Hunt In: Buffalo Gap, TX and West Grapevine, TX
Default

You guys have seen this picture from last season. What you cant see is the 2 bucks on the far left that ran off before I could get them in the shot. There were 9 bucks in the group. You can make out the body on the far left. He is a 160/170 class buck and the one you cant see at all, was the daddy big buck.
Attached Images
 
godum is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 05:22 PM   #162
Buck Smacker
Four Point
 
Buck Smacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
Hes been hanging out around the parking area on 377 also.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Photoshop and CGI have come a long way.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Buck Smacker is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2018, 11:09 AM   #163
D u s t y
Ten Point
 
D u s t y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Arlington
Hunt In: Any were i can
Default

Well did anyone dove hunt up at the vine this weekend?
D u s t y is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2018, 02:40 PM   #164
Goodson
Nubbin' Buck
 
Goodson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Grapevine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D u s t y View Post
Well did anyone dove hunt up at the vine this weekend?
I usually do, but this year my old spot was too overgrown and I'd never be able to recover the birds.
Goodson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2018, 11:19 PM   #165
D u s t y
Ten Point
 
D u s t y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Arlington
Hunt In: Any were i can
Default

I was thinking about going for a walk next week and seeing what turns up
D u s t y is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2018, 11:25 PM   #166
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D u s t y View Post
I was thinking about going for a walk next week and seeing what turns up
Milkweed in those fields is brutal. 7 and 8 ft tall, Overgrown in a lot of areas until you get in the timber. Not much sign out there yet from what I found. Another 3 weeks and it should start getting ripe

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:18 AM   #167
agwrestler
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: LBJ, Grapevine and Lake Meredith Nat. Rec.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
Milkweed in those fields is brutal. 7 and 8 ft tall, Overgrown in a lot of areas until you get in the timber. Not much sign out there yet from what I found. Another 3 weeks and it should start getting ripe

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Is that milkweed or ragweed? I've been searching for some milkweed to collect the pods to use as wind checkers.
agwrestler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 11:33 AM   #168
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agwrestler View Post
Is that milkweed or ragweed? I've been searching for some milkweed to collect the pods to use as wind checkers.
Ragweed sir. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 09:09 AM   #169
Budman68
Ten Point
 
Budman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
Ragweed sir. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
That stuff is killing me right now. Hope the rain knocks some of it down soon.
Budman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #170
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman68 View Post
That stuff is killing me right now. Hope the rain knocks some of it down soon.
I started through the middle of it trying to get to a giant cottonwood tree 100 yards away. I made it 20 yards and turned around.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 11:17 PM   #171
Kirby86
Ten Point
 
Kirby86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort Worth,
Hunt In: Public Land, probably your spot
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
I started through the middle of it trying to get to a giant cottonwood tree 100 yards away. I made it 20 yards and turned around.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk


It sounds like you couldn’t hack it... har dee har har. But on a serious note, I hate that crap. At Aquila I tried cutting through it with a machete and about an hour later I think I had made it 50-60 yards and was close to having a heat stroke. I know deer won’t bed directly in it but hogs dang sure will. Stuffs terrible but here’s something crazy about it!

https://thecontraryfarmer.wordpress....giant-ragweed/
Kirby86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 01:45 PM   #172
Turnkey
Spike
 
Turnkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Default

I spent 5 hours out there thursday. Parked in the lot off bobcat and walked up the road to the creek. Then cut over under 377. Access really does suck. I walked for at least 2 hours in and didn't even come close to reaching the western part. Found a little sigh and maybe a spot or two. I will have to go again this week.

Can anyone one tell me what the trail with the orange paint markers is called?
Turnkey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2018, 08:58 AM   #173
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby86 View Post
It sounds like you couldn’t hack it... har dee har har. But on a serious note, I hate that crap. At Aquila I tried cutting through it with a machete and about an hour later I think I had made it 50-60 yards and was close to having a heat stroke. I know deer won’t bed directly in it but hogs dang sure will. Stuffs terrible but here’s something crazy about it!

https://thecontraryfarmer.wordpress....giant-ragweed/
I was trying to get to the cottonwood Big Anthony sent me in there to check out. I couldn't hack it. You are correct. I do believe this is gonna be a Kayak entrance year at the vine. I just need you to guide me Shane.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2018, 08:59 AM   #174
SFAbowhunter
Pope & Young
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Choctaw Co. OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
I was trying to get to the cottonwood Big Anthony sent me in there to check out. I couldn't hack it. You are correct. I do believe this is gonna be a Kayak entrance year at the vine. I just need you to guide me Shane.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-20-2018, 05:22 PM   #175
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Why everyone get tight lipped?? Quiet thread considering its getting so close to tree time! maybe its because the vine has nothing to offer ! Anyone been out scouting yet?
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #176
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby86 View Post
It sounds like you couldn’t hack it... har dee har har. But on a serious note, I hate that crap. At Aquila I tried cutting through it with a machete and about an hour later I think I had made it 50-60 yards and was close to having a heat stroke. I know deer won’t bed directly in it but hogs dang sure will. Stuffs terrible but here’s something crazy about it!

https://thecontraryfarmer.wordpress....giant-ragweed/
just read the ragweed article ,LOL maybe all that protein is what grows those giants that dont exist out there !
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-20-2018, 06:47 PM   #177
Ispdnxs
Six Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: DFW and Lake Whitney
Hunt In: Various Public Lands
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
Why everyone get tight lipped?? Quiet thread considering its getting so close to tree time! maybe its because the vine has nothing to offer ! Anyone been out scouting yet?
Been doing a little scouting...super excited for the privledge to hunt for my last year living in the city. Just wish I could start hunting sooner than 10/20.
Ispdnxs is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #178
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ispdnxs View Post
Been doing a little scouting...super excited for the privledge to hunt for my last year living in the city. Just wish I could start hunting sooner than 10/20.
Ya the later start kinda sucks and I'm sure the early youth hunts aren't just overwhelmed with hunter numbers. We would all probably love that extra 3 1/2 extra weeks to get it done out there. Bow hunting is hard enough Without time restrictions. Wanna kill big deer then pay your seat dues. I'll have 21 days of straight hunting for me in November and it will take all of that time more than likely. Unless Kirby helps me or Anthony. I can't rely on the Doeminator or the Dappers.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-21-2018, 08:50 AM   #179
SFAbowhunter
Pope & Young
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Choctaw Co. OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
Ya the later start kinda sucks and I'm sure the early youth hunts aren't just overwhelmed with hunter numbers. We would all probably love that extra 3 1/2 extra weeks to get it done out there. Bow hunting is hard enough Without time restrictions. Wanna kill big deer then pay your seat dues. I'll have 21 days of straight hunting for me in November and it will take all of that time more than likely. Unless Kirby helps me or Anthony. I can't rely on the Doeminator or the Dappers.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Shoot, you don't need help! You have it figured out. You'll be showing us all how it's done.
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-21-2018, 08:53 AM   #180
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
Shoot, you don't need help! You have it figured out. You'll be showing us all how it's done.
All I know how to show anyone is how to be ruthlessly persistent and sit for days. Patience is all I know. The rest is just luck in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-21-2018, 08:54 AM   #181
SFAbowhunter
Pope & Young
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Choctaw Co. OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
All I know how to show anyone is how to be ruthlessly persistent and sit for days. Patience is all I know. The rest is just luck in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
You've been saying it for years!
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-21-2018, 08:55 AM   #182
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
You've been saying it for years!
Because it's the truth.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-21-2018, 09:03 AM   #183
troy_w_7
Eight Point
 
troy_w_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lewisville, TX
Hunt In: North TX Public Land
Default

I hope someone drops a monster this year! I'll be checking in daily to get updates!
troy_w_7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-21-2018, 09:06 AM   #184
SFAbowhunter
Pope & Young
 
SFAbowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Melissa, Texas
Hunt In: Choctaw Co. OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
Because it's the truth.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Oh, I know! I've seen it for years with you. Time, patience, and luck are the 3 things you have taught lots of guys.
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-21-2018, 09:09 AM   #185
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
Oh, I know! I've seen it for years with you. Time, patience, and luck are the 3 things you have taught lots of guys.
Now if I could get lucky enough like Kirby and have a buddy let me hunt his stand maybe I'd get my monster also. but I'll be Dapper proofing my setups this season.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2018, 04:36 PM   #186
Budman68
Ten Point
 
Budman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
All I know how to show anyone is how to be ruthlessly persistent and sit for days. Patience is all I know. The rest is just luck in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
If your going to be out there during the week, I'll probably see you. I'll be the guy in the tree with the laptop working and conducting meetings. This will be my last year out there, so I plan on doing my best to put some meat in the frig.
Budman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #187
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman68 View Post
If your going to be out there during the week, I'll probably see you. I'll be the guy in the tree with the laptop working and conducting meetings. This will be my last year out there, so I plan on doing my best to put some meat in the frig.
I'll be launching a yak from trophy club park some.days. the other times probably be over off of 114 and 35 area. I'll have all of Novenber to hunt. We could meet for lunch one day at taco casa I dont have those here in Houston so I'll be over indulging while im.there.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2018, 08:26 AM   #188
Budman68
Ten Point
 
Budman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
I'll be launching a yak from trophy club park some.days. the other times probably be over off of 114 and 35 area. I'll have all of Novenber to hunt. We could meet for lunch one day at taco casa I dont have those here in Houston so I'll be over indulging while im.there.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
You have set the Mexican food bar pretty low. I'm sure we can find you some real tacos.

I've got a couple places picked out, but need to check access. Other than that, it's just wait for the rut to see if the boys start chasing.

BTW, The lake is raising fast and we could be in a flood situation again this year. River travel might be a little dangerous if it's flowing.
Budman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2018, 09:22 AM   #189
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman68 View Post
You have set the Mexican food bar pretty low. I'm sure we can find you some real tacos.

I've got a couple places picked out, but need to check access. Other than that, it's just wait for the rut to see if the boys start chasing.

BTW, The lake is raising fast and we could be in a flood situation again this year. River travel might be a little dangerous if it's flowing.
Ya. It's always play it by ear with hunting. Either way I'll be tromping around those woods looking for.the one.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #190
Goodson
Nubbin' Buck
 
Goodson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Grapevine
Default

Has anyone been out since the rain last weekend? I have to imagine the place is underwater.
Goodson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2018, 03:26 PM   #191
Turnkey
Spike
 
Turnkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodson View Post
Has anyone been out since the rain last weekend? I have to imagine the place is underwater.
I was out there yesterday and it wasn't too bad. Most of the place was dry and the creek wasn't flowing very fast.

I did walk past someones camera. Oops.

Only saw a single deer but saw a sounder of hogs and then a single on the way out.
Turnkey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2018, 03:41 PM   #192
Goodson
Nubbin' Buck
 
Goodson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Grapevine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnkey View Post
I was out there yesterday and it wasn't too bad. Most of the place was dry and the creek wasn't flowing very fast.

I did walk past someones camera. Oops.

Only saw a single deer but saw a sounder of hogs and then a single on the way out.
good to know, I'm probably headed out there tomorrow evening.
Goodson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 05:39 PM   #193
Budman68
Ten Point
 
Budman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

To the person using the orange tape to mark your trail. Will you be hunting on the weekend or weekday? Feel free to PM me.
Budman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 05:40 PM   #194
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman68 View Post
To the person using the orange tape to mark your trail. Will you be hunting on the weekend or weekday? Feel free to PM me.
That's not conspicuous at all.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 08:36 PM   #195
Budman68
Ten Point
 
Budman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
That's not conspicuous at all.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
The little glowing thumb tacks work better. LOL
Budman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2018, 08:42 PM   #196
ArcheryAssassin
Eight Point
 
ArcheryAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman68 View Post
The little glowing thumb tacks work better. LOL
let's just tell everyone now.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2018, 02:02 AM   #197
grim-bob
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Default

Original plan was to go in during youth with my kiddo to scout some. She's been drawn for 2 other hunts in Oct and another in Nov already now so she's set to go and won't get much use out of the youth tag after all. Probably spend my Oct hunts in LBJ and then Nov in grapevine. I have a bunch of vacation days to burn before end of the year so plan to hit mid week mostly if anyone wants to meet up.

Anyone use the linear bike trail between trophy club park and the High School. I poked around near them a bit previously and toying with biking in/out. Might get some folks grumpy coming out if I connect though. Otherwise thinking about kayaking in also. Will be my first on deer out there, have roamed around for pigs a bit in previous years.
grim-bob is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2018, 10:02 AM   #198
skelsey
Four Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default

Makes sense to me to mark your trail I do it so when some one sees there is someone hunting the area already they can move on to another area
skelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2018, 10:04 AM   #199
Budman68
Ten Point
 
Budman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim-bob View Post
Anyone use the linear bike trail between trophy club park and the High School. I poked around near them a bit previously and toying with biking in/out. Might get some folks grumpy coming out if I connect though. Otherwise thinking about kayaking in also. Will be my first on deer out there, have roamed around for pigs a bit in previous years.
Just be careful of the appearance to others. Dragging a deer down a bike path with a bunch of school moms watching might shut the whole program down. Saying that, its your hunt and your rules.
Budman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2018, 10:05 AM   #200
Budman68
Ten Point
 
Budman68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
let's just tell everyone now.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I prefer the orange marker paint. LOL
Budman68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com