Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 11-08-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerr & Lavaca County
Default Republican judge releases juvenile defendants en masse after losing election to Democ

Texas midterms: Republican judge releases juvenile defendants en masse after losing election to Democrat

Quote:
A Republican judge released nearly every juvenile defendant who appeared before him the morning after he lost his re-election campaign in the US midterms.

Glenn Devlin reportedly said it was “what the voters wanted” to justify his actions.

After asking the offenders if they planned on killing anyone, when they responded with a negative, he is said to have let them go.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-mid...130241358.html
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 03:19 PM   #2
Stuck
Ten Point

I know him. I opened the link thinking please don’t be my wife’s uncle, very well could have been. He’s was my wife’s uncle partner in their law firm years ago. Very conservative, Republican judges took a beating in Harris county on Tuesday, a lot of unqualified individuals will be sitting the bench in 2019. Ignorant people voting for ignorant people. If there was an open spot for a Democrat for a judge position last Tuesday and I would have been able to get my name on the ballot I would be preparing for my new job today. I promise I am not qualified to be a judge.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
Grant2
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sonroa, Comfort

Harris County took a beating on Tuesday for sure. The straight ticket hurt a lot of good people and put in new judges that are going to turn the justices system in Harris county upside down. One thing I did hear is that a lot of people that voted straight ticket do not even know the who the new county judge is or ever heard of her unreal. Hang on Harris county it's going to get interesting.
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 09:09 PM   #4
SmTx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Wells

Stupid and childish.

Actions like this have put us in this spot and will continue to be the driving force of today's politics.

You dont compromise your integrity because of an election. He wouldn't have done that if he was reelected.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 11:30 PM   #5
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Seems like he displayed his true colors. That is spiteful
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 11:35 PM   #6
Stuck
Ten Point

The juveniles have not been set free, found not guilty, their court date has been reset for January or later when the new Judge will be sworn in and can hear the case.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 08:29 AM   #7
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Seems like he displayed his true colors. That is spiteful
Yep......lots of mental midgets on both sides of the aisle. But, that has been obvious for years now. I can only hope folks start to see it as it is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top