Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 10-24-2018, 02:35 PM   #151
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHunter12 View Post
So the schools are wrecked due to migration and lack of funding. So supporting a democrat who only wants to further increase migration is the answer?
Partly lack of funding but migration has nothing to do with the school issues!! School issues are directly related to legislators that don't know what is best for education! In your spare time pick any school district and look at their board policy online(board policy is the rules we have to live by) and that will give you a glimpse into the knee jerk rule and laws that come from the legislature every two years.
mastercraftka is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 02:43 PM   #152
Ishi&Elvis
Six Point

Master knows the truth.
Ishi&Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #153
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraftka View Post
Partly lack of funding but migration has nothing to do with the school issues!! School issues are directly related to legislators that don't know what is best for education! In your spare time pick any school district and look at their board policy online(board policy is the rules we have to live by) and that will give you a glimpse into the knee jerk rule and laws that come from the legislature every two years.
How does board policy tie into teacher retirement?
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #154
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
How does board policy tie into teacher retirement?
Not sure why you ask that but board policy is basically Law! There is legal and local policy the state sets the legal policy and the local isd and can make their corresponding local policy more stringent but not less. So it is law. TRS follows law so not sure what you are asking.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:59 PM   #155
EliteZ28Bow
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by canny View Post
I was straight Red, except for LT. Gov. Dan Patrick may win the election, but it will not be because I helped him.
I included George P. Bush. But I am from SA and I do not agree with his "vision" for the Alamo.
EliteZ28Bow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 03:04 PM   #156
ultrastealth
Ten Point

Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
So, you are basing your vote on one issue. Gun rights. Got it. That is your platform on why you vote. You are told what you want to hear on one issue, so you base your vote on that one thing and that lip service. I actually look at the whole picture, because I know that I am not going to agree with everything that my candidate says and I might agree with something that the democrats say. Dan Patrick has been saying the "right thing" about education for years, yet been doing the complete opposite. If you researched, instead of just listened to what people say, you would see that. But I guess since he said the "right" thing about one issue, you are going to vote for him. Just to let you know, the people who say they are going to take away your guns are really not going to do it. Take off your tinfoil hat.

And I knew it was coming. The "you chose to be a teacher and if you dont like it, get out of teaching and go do something else" comment and way of thinking. I am surprised that it did not come earlier in the thread.Did you not read any of my earlier posts? As evidence by your comment, I highly doubt it. Go back and read what I posted about my choice to become an educator. It is not just about me and what I make as a teacher and coach. It has to do with the future of our state and the way it is headed. Education and funding should be at the forefront of everyone's minds. If not, you are going to cry and moan about your school district not having enough teachers to serve your kid. You are going to complain and moan about the teachers are not qualified to teach your kid. You are going to whine and moan about the coaches not calling the right play or not knowing what they are doing, because all the coaches that knew what they were doing took your advice and got out of coaching to join the private sector. You are going to gripe and moan because your little Jimmy is being coached in some sport by somebody who cant spell "ball", yet the district had to hire him 2 days before school started because they needed a teacher and had to hire anyone that could breath because the quality coaches left. And then when the quality teachers have taken your advice and left for the private sector, you will gripe and moan about that because they wanted to make more money and they really never cared about your kid in the first place. So, either way, you are going to gripe about one thing or another when it comes to public school funding!

But as long as that person said he is not going to take away my guns makes it alright.
One of my biggest regrets was not sending my son to private school. He got indoctrination, not education. IMHO, vouchers are absolutely needed, and I say that as someone who never attended private school.
ultrastealth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 03:09 PM   #157
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Not sure why you ask that but board policy is basically Law! There is legal and local policy the state sets the legal policy and the local isd and can make their corresponding local policy more stringent but not less. So it is law. TRS follows law so not sure what you are asking.
Because your reasoning behind your vote has been about your retirement this entire thread. Now you are going off on board policy. It's pretty obvious why I asked that question.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:12 PM   #158
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrastealth View Post
One of my biggest regrets was not sending my son to private school. He got indoctrination, not education. IMHO, vouchers are absolutely needed, and I say that as someone who never attended private school.
I did send my two youngest to private school their last two years of high school, and for that exact reason. Even though my property taxes were $10,000 a year, it was worth the extra cost to me.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:13 PM   #159
Ishi&Elvis
Six Point

Leave the ballot blank on them if you do not care to vote for another candidate. Casting a vote for them says you support them and their agenda, hook, line, and sinker.

Ultra I understand what you are saying. My three daughters attended private school, and I feel like I have been paying tuition for many moons. A lot of people questioned why, and I told them I felt like it gave them the best opportunity to succeed without all the regulations the state imposes on public schools. It was a good choice, and a huge financial commitment that was very difficult on a teacher salary. Vouchers can be a great thing, charter schools are another story.
Ishi&Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 03:19 PM   #160
texan16
Ten Point

Hunt In: Freestone/Schleicher Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by canny View Post
i was straight red, except for lt. Gov. Dan patrick may win the election, but it will not be because i helped him.
texan16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 03:21 PM   #161
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Quote:
Because your reasoning behind your vote has been about your retirement this entire thread. Now you are going off on board policy. It's pretty obvious why I asked that question.
No sir others were talking about retirement not me. Go back and look and qoute me in here so I can see I wasn't complaining about retirement I was complaining about a do nothing LT. Dan.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:28 PM   #162
bullhead44
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrastealth View Post
do you have a good idea on how to implement the voucher system in Texas? the numbers say it wont work

I did some quick research and have not checked into it, so if its not exact I apologize. But based on other numbers I have seen it is at least close.

Google says there are 1,914 private schools in Texas, serving 316,936 students. As of 2014, there were over 5 MILLION public school students in Texas. Where are these students going to school with these vouchers? There is not room for them. An I figured that out with a public school education! On top of that, if they have any learning disability, many private schools won't take them. If they don't speak english, they too are often not taken.

What about the private schools who wont take the vouchers because they don't want to deal with all the BS the public schools have to put up with. . The voucher system is like a lot of other things our government comes up with. Sounds good on the campaign trail but impossible to implement. People who support the voucher system obviously haven't taken the time to really look into it.
bullhead44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 03:29 PM   #163
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
No sir others were talking about retirement not me. Go back and look and qoute me in here so I can see I wasn't complaining about retirement I was complaining about a do nothing LT. Dan.
Not going through this thread again, but fair enough.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:29 PM   #164
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sika View Post
One word: California

No thanks!!
One word. TEXAS

Not going to happen in Texas.
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 03:32 PM   #165
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
One word. TEXAS

Not going to happen in Texas.
It will if you keep voting democrat.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:59 PM   #166
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
It will if you keep voting democrat.
Nowhere did I say I am strictly voting Democrat. I am voting for one person that I believe is better than the Republican candidate for that position. For the most part, I will vote straight party ticket in all the other races, if I have some knowledge of the people running for that position. I'm not going to wear a tinfoil hat and just vote straight line party ticket just because I'm a republican when I have no idea about the other people that are running in the race. To me, that is a disservice to the system. Voting for someone that you know nothing about, yet you are voting for them simply because they wear red or blue. That is a travesty in and of itself.

Just make sure that you don't whine and complain when your candidate wins and the public education system and school finance goes even further into the toilet bowl than it already is, especially if you are unable to send your child to a private school. I am not even going to go into the problems with the voucher system that Dan Patrick is trying to pass.

Good luck to your candidate, who ever it may be. I am out on this thread. I am not going to change any minds and you are not going to change mine. Have a nice day.
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #167
CEO
Ten Point

For the teachers, fireman, etc what is a state that is doing things the way you would like them done? No this isn't a smart*** way of throwing out a gotcha question. I don't keep up with the things being discussed on this thread.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 05:20 PM   #168
RLB
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comal County

The Lt Governor is the real power in Austin, not the Governor. A vote blue puts just another hurdle in the way of this state staying red. Dan Patrick is a good man and a great LG....there’s more to his job than regulating some folks career choices and retirement plans. My kids are in public school, but I assure you, when and if they pass vouchers.....we gone.
RLB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #169
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

This is why we can't have nice things. People have to start getting insulting, belittling and demeaning to each other.

Gary
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 06:03 PM   #170
beefiedoubleoh
Spike

Vote like a pirate - RRRRRRRRRR
beefiedoubleoh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 06:27 PM   #171
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA

I will vote the way I want, no matter what others say. If it is straight R, then so be it. I have not voted yet, but might, and that is a long shot, might vote for a Libertarian, but I will NEVER, EVER vote for a Dumbocrat. I have in the far past, but not today.

In my personal opinion, you do not vote for a Republican against a Dumbocrat, then that is a vote for the Dumbocrat. Again, just my opinion. vote how you want, that is what America is about, but if you vote for a Dumbocrat and something is taken away from you that you do not like, you have no cause to complain! Thinking something will not happen because it has not happened before is a recipe for our rights to disappear!
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 06:33 PM   #172
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Any vote that is not red or any vote not cast is a half or a whole vote for a liberal. I couldn't live with that on my conscious. Liberalism has been a failure for the people everywhere it's taken hold. Just look around you here in Texas or look at California, Detroit, Chicago, NYC etc etc. The ONLY cities and states that are failing are liberal enclaves.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2018, 10:36 PM   #173
brokeno
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere

Burt Reynolds died
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-25-2018, 05:36 AM   #174
Native Texan
Eight Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB View Post
The Lt Governor is the real power in Austin, not the Governor. A vote blue puts just another hurdle in the way of this state staying red. Dan Patrick is a good man and a great LG....thereís more to his job than regulating some folks career choices and retirement plans. My kids are in public school, but I assure you, when and if they pass vouchers.....we gone.
^^^This^^^

Put a Democrat in that office and you can forget about any conservative legislation being brought to the Senate floor. With RINO House Speaker Strauss leaving we finally have a chance to get some good things passed...like property tax relief.
Native Texan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-25-2018, 07:13 AM   #175
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties

Teachers unions, associations, etc. always support democrats. Then complain when they don't get their way. Maybe they should think about supporting winners. Yes, Dan Patrick is a dweeb but I voted for him anyway. Can't let the democrats gain a foothold. Especially the Lt. Governor spot.
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2018, 10:06 AM   #176
Johnny_Dodson
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain39 View Post
Inflated salaries? A Houston Firenan starts out at 28k a year. That qualifies him for the Lone Star Card if he has a family. Also, police, fire, & teachers do not get social security. But if you want to come risk your life like me for my over inflated salary & my crappy pension; come on. I invite you to come ride with us for a 24hr Shift, then let me know how you feel.

Itís an honorable job you do, but it is your choice to do it. You knew the pay and pension plan going into it. You are also free to leave at anytime.
If I worked for any branch of government I would get out, pensions are going bankrupt all across the country do to over promises. If your depending on government for your retirement in any aspect I feel sorry for you cause you are tied to a historically bad financial institution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnny_Dodson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #177
Johnny_Dodson
Four Point

Quote:
Again, you do not know what you are talking about. STATE BASE PAY for a teacher, are you listening, STATE BASE PAY, is $28k for a 1st year teacher. The other portion of the salary is coming from the district, so that they can hire teachers and keep teachers. That extra money comes from the district so people will want to work there. If the districts did not offer this, schools would be so understaffed that the inmates would be running the asylum. Hell, it is like that now anyway.

Ignorant people get my blood boiling, especially when they do not know what they are talking about, yet continue to talk just to hear their own voice. When your kids or grandchildren dont have a teacher that is worth a crap or dont have enough teachers in the school to teach the subject they are certified in, then you will see and I am sure you will **** and moan to someone about how your school district sucks and they are doing it all wrong. Well, bud, here are the keys to my classroom! Have at it. I spend more time on a daily basis than you do with your own child. I interact with them, teach them, comfort them, and all the stuff that comes with being a teacher. And guess what. I absolutely enjoy it and love it. I did not get into this for the money and have thought about leaving 2 different times for MORE money. But I love what I do. That does not mean that I dont think I should be compensated appropriately for the time I put in to help and mentor YOUR KID! I work 70 hour weeks and if you think I am wrong for thinking that I should be compensated correctly for that time, then I have a few more words for you.

But you chose this profession freely and have the ability to leave anytime if you want to. Also if Iím understanding correctly teachers make more that 28,000 because the city will pick up the another 20000 or so to attract teachers. Meaning they do make more money than 28,000.00. Also this puts more power at the local level which is a good thing. Meaning if the people want better schools and teachers they can vote to have higher property taxes which if the politicians do what they say(big if) that district will have better education because they will attract better teachers because they chose to pay more than other districts. I see this as a good thing, allows choice at a local level.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #178
Johnny_Dodson
Four Point

Quote:
And all the sheeple who think your guns are going to get taken away by a Democrat or their gun rights are going to be infringed upon, please give me a break. If you really think someone is going to come in and make a law for you to give up your guns or not be able to purchase them, then I dont know what else to tell you. You already have your tinfoil hat on. Hell, the last democratic PRESIDENT didnt take your guns. Hillary didnt take your guns. Pelosi is not going to take your guns. Reid is not going to take your guns. McCarthy, Scalise, and Hoyer are not going to take your guns. They all try, but that will never happen. So to say that a Lt. Governor is going to restrict gun ownership, take your guns, take away your right, blah blah blah, and that is your reasoning for not voting for him is ludicrous.

And to answer the question about voting for Lt. Governor. Yes, you do not vote for him. Leave that box blank. Dont give him the opportunity. Hell, dont vote for any of them, but especially dont vote for him because of the straight ticket BS.

Have you ever heard of the assault rifles ban signed under Clinton, but nice try. And democrats have that and much more planned if they could get it through.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:43 AM   #179
Johnny_Dodson
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead44 View Post
education funding has been cut, therefore putting the burden on the local districts. This in return is causing property taxes to go up

So itís either property taxes go up locally or the state has to raise more revenue somewhere else to put into the education system. So either way I am paying more, I would rather pay more at the local level if I have to.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #180
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
Have you ever heard of the assault rifles ban signed under Clinton, but nice try. And democrats have that and much more planned if they could get it through.

Guns, mags, gun powder, bullets, scary packaging.....those bastages will never stop.

Not sure how real 2A supporters can't see that
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-26-2018, 10:50 AM   #181
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Quote:
So itís either property taxes go up locally or the state has to raise more revenue somewhere else to put into the education system. So either way I am paying more, I would rather pay more at the local level if I have to.

What ever happened to all that money from the Texas Lotto that was supposed to go to the Ed system?
Old 10-26-2018, 10:56 AM   #182
Johnny_Dodson
Four Point

Quote:
Nowhere did I say I am strictly voting Democrat. I am voting for one person that I believe is better than the Republican candidate for that position. For the most part, I will vote straight party ticket in all the other races, if I have some knowledge of the people running for that position. I'm not going to wear a tinfoil hat and just vote straight line party ticket just because I'm a republican when I have no idea about the other people that are running in the race. To me, that is a disservice to the system. Voting for someone that you know nothing about, yet you are voting for them simply because they wear red or blue. That is a travesty in and of itself.

Just make sure that you don't whine and complain when your candidate wins and the public education system and school finance goes even further into the toilet bowl than it already is, especially if you are unable to send your child to a private school. I am not even going to go into the problems with the voucher system that Dan Patrick is trying to pass.

Good luck to your candidate, who ever it may be. I am out on this thread. I am not going to change any minds and you are not going to change mine. Have a nice day.

But the one democrat you are voting for is going into arguably the most powerful position in Texas. So that will have major effects on the state outside of your one issue.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:34 PM   #183
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
But the one democrat you are voting for is going into arguably the most powerful position in Texas. So that will have major effects on the state outside of your one issue.

And....that one person will not in any way fulfill the promises these people think they will.
Cant explain that to them though.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2018, 01:58 PM   #184
mmoses
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Can you tell me what gun rights of yours have been taken away in Texas? I am curious to see what those rights are that you and I no longer have because the dems took them away.
Not too long ago, they banned a whole lot of guns. It has expired but come on, you can't be that ignorant. Look at what is happening up and down the east coast and in Califonia.

If you let Texas go blue, it will happen here. Beto is an example. He said he supports the 2nd amendment but also says we need to ban the most popular gun in America.

What gun rights have been taken away in Texas today? I cant by a supressor or an auto without going through a lot of paperwork. Also, I can't carry a gun without paying a tax and going through a class.

But hey at least you are voting! (im serious btw It is important.)
mmoses is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2018, 09:04 AM   #185
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
What ever happened to all that money from the Texas Lotto that was supposed to go to the Ed system?
LOTTO money goes into the general fund. It gets laundered like the rest of your local school tax dollars.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:07 PM   #186
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Lot of back and forth in this thread about how education is funded in the state and Dan Patrick does not support education issues... There are certainly some things he could have done or could do in the future... maybe he would and maybe he would not do things to help education... One thing I can assure you, no matter which Demokraut you put into office you will NOT get an improvement in the education funding process... ain't gonna happen. (PERIOD)! Dan Patrick was not my choice in the primaries, but a vote for ANY DemoKraut is a vote for turning Texas Blue, and if you look around the country, EVERY blue state is a disaster. In particular, putting a DemoKraut into the Lt. Gov's. position assures gridlock in the Texas Legislatute until he is replaced. You who are advocating for improving education funding ain't about to get any improvement in funding in a state legislature that is in gridlock. It is likely to get even worse when NOTHING is done. To let education funding be your one issue voter is just as asinine in the broad spectrum of the better good for our Beloved Texas as we gun rights activists...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-30-2018, 09:12 PM   #187
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

I need to run for this Lt Gov posistion in a few years...I got some stuff on my mind I'd like to do something with..

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-30-2018, 09:44 PM   #188
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Yessir! DMo fo LtGov!! I'd vote for you bro!!
Old 10-30-2018, 09:46 PM   #189
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty
Default Lt Governor? who and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Yessir! DMo fo LtGov!! I'd vote for you bro!!

You'd be my chief of staff, and the first **** thing we'd get straight is the education system...lord what a mess.

All the money in this state, best economy in the nation....and we can't educate the future citizens properly...****** me all the way off.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-30-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-31-2018, 09:41 AM   #190
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
You'd be my chief of staff, and the first **** thing we'd get straight is the education system...lord what a mess.

All the money in this state, best economy in the nation....and we can't educate the future citizens properly...****** me all the way off.

You are correct!! Here is the funny thing though they know it but they don't want to simplify it or change it because they don't believe in it. They want your local tax dollars to go to the private schools and the for profit charter schools. They are setting us up for failure! People on the outside have absolutely no clue! Maybe one of these days when the right school district becomes a chapter 41 district, which means the send local money back to the state, things will change. As of the 2015-16 school year 486 districts out of about 1,100 were chapter 41 and I know there are more this year and there will be more every year. Without these districts we would be in much worse shape because that money that goes to the state replaces money the state has been sending to chapter 42 districts.
Wonder why districts that can 100% fund themselves have to play by the states rules? They don't get any money from the state. More than 50% of all school funding these days is money that comes from recapture.

Moral of the story is they don't want to change this because it is a cash cow for them. Pretty soon the state will not have to chip in any money from the general fund it will all come from recapture aka chapter 41 districts aka robin hood. side note the original district that won the robin hood case Edgewood isd does not benefit from this anymore.

but I digress.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:47 PM   #191
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

mastercrafta, I totally see where you are coming from and I don't fault you one bit for your stance. I have educators in my family too. My daughter in fact is a G&T senior level dual credit math and sciences instructor in a public school system. BUT, other than protecting its citizens from harm, I can't think of a thing that the gubment can do better than the private sector. If ALL schools were privatized, the quality of education would go WAY UP... It's been proven from pre-K through post-graduate levels... The premium educations come from the private sector. Again, I don't fault you for your position and wanting to protect your livelihood, but I sure cannot agree with it. Facts just do not support it.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:10 PM   #192
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Quote:
mastercrafta, I totally see where you are coming from and I don't fault you one bit for your stance. I have educators in my family too. My daughter in fact is a G&T senior level dual credit math and sciences instructor in a public school system. BUT, other than protecting its citizens from harm, I can't think of a thing that the gubment can do better than the private sector. If ALL schools were privatized, the quality of education would go WAY UP... It's been proven from pre-K through post-graduate levels... The premium educations come from the private sector. Again, I don't fault you for your position and wanting to protect your livelihood, but I sure cannot agree with it. Facts just do not support it.
While I appreciate your remarks I have yet to see the evidence that everyone talks about. And there are many successful public schools out there and there are some that fail not because of the screwed up system. But you can't throw the baby out with the bath water. I went to public schools and make 6 figures. We, as a whole, don't have a chance to succeed that is the point your missing. Ya it is screwed up but its not because of lack of competition is because we aren't given the proper funding and autonomy to succeed.
Its like telling two workers to go pick shell and deliver that 100 acres of corn in two days. One worker gets a toe sack and the other one gets a combine, truck and all the other tools needed to get the job done correctly.

BTW we are not the government we are run by the government but without any of the government benefits. Look up TRS vs. ERS benefits.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:16 PM   #193
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
While I appreciate your remarks I have yet to see the evidence that everyone talks about. And there are many successful public schools out there and there are some that fail not because of the screwed up system. But you can't throw the baby out with the bath water. I went to public schools and make 6 figures. We, as a whole, don't have a chance to succeed that is the point your missing. Ya it is screwed up but its not because of lack of competition is because we aren't given the proper funding and autonomy to succeed.
Its like telling two workers to go pick shell and deliver that 100 acres of corn in two days. One worker gets a toe sack and the other one gets a combine, truck and all the other tools needed to get the job done correctly.

BTW we are not the government we are run by the government but without any of the government benefits. Look up TRS vs. ERS benefits.
So do you believe the democrats are better for public education?
Old 11-01-2018, 10:07 AM   #194
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Quote:
So do you believe the democrats are better for public education?
I have never said that and I am not a democrat. I just know that Lt. Dan has most of you snowed about border security and guns where you won't listen to anything else. Those are important but can't think of anything more important than education. He has had is chance with me I am done with him and if Abbott doesn't grow a pair and do something that will be the end for him with me as well.

Just because a politician says something doesn't mean they are correct!!
Old 11-01-2018, 12:16 PM   #195
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
I have never said that and I am not a democrat. I just know that Lt. Dan has most of you snowed about border security and guns where you won't listen to anything else. Those are important but can't think of anything more important than education. He has had is chance with me I am done with him and if Abbott doesn't grow a pair and do something that will be the end for him with me as well.

Just because a politician says something doesn't mean they are correct!!
Right! So what has the democrat or libertarian candidates PROMISED YOU?
Old 11-01-2018, 01:27 PM   #196
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Quote:
Right! So what has the democrat or libertarian candidates PROMISED YOU?
So I am supposed to vote for lt. dan by default because I haven't been promised anything from others?

Can I not vote for someone because I think they are a liar and mislead me and others?

Politicians make promises all the time, Lt. Dan promised things three years ago he hasn't kept. I think its time for someone else to have a chance to lie to me I guess. I am pretty cynical right now with good reason.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #197
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
So I am supposed to vote for lt. dan by default because I haven't been promised anything from others?

Can I not vote for someone because I think they are a liar and mislead me and others?

Politicians make promises all the time, Lt. Dan promised things three years ago he hasn't kept. I think its time for someone else to have a chance to lie to me I guess. I am pretty cynical right now with good reason.
Fair enough.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:50 PM   #198
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

mastercrafta, I can understand your feelings... mine are just as strong regarding voting for ANY demokraut... and just to me, it seems you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater as someone posted above... but, like I said, I understand.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #199
mastercraftka
Eight Point

Quote:
mastercrafta, I can understand your feelings... mine are just as strong regarding voting for ANY demokraut... and just to me, it seems you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater as someone posted above... but, like I said, I understand.
Difference is I voted for him once he had a chance he as lied now I am done with him.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:32 AM   #200
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Pretty much all politicians pander to the constituents of their area, district etc.
I have learned they all duck and dodge in order to get votes. You have to watch what they do and not what they say for the most part. Voting is similar to buying a scratch off ticket. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Most of the time you lose if you are expecting 100% results. Voting for a democrat is a 100% loss for me as they have no moral philosophy that even comes close to mine. I'll take a chance on playing with a slightly stacked deck thank you! At least my odds are better.