Soon to be US Marine Officer proud poppa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon to be US Marine Officer proud poppa

My son Hunter has always wanted to be a Marine since he was young. His mother and I both served this great country. He would always be amazed with our adventure stories and said, ‘when he graduated, from high school, he was enlisting.’ Well as years of high school progressed so did his football career to the point of his senior year, we were traveling to Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and throughout Texas on official visits to schools that were interested in him. He put his enlistment plans on hold and took a football scholarship in Oklahoma. He is currently a junior at Southern Nazarene University. During his time,in Oklahoma, he took advantage of the Marine Officer Candidate School program. He successfully met all the requirements needed for the program and contracted with them in July. He was presented to the board in August for the first time, and from what his captain told us, its hard to pass the board on your very first time. We prayed he would get selected on his first attempt and the Lord answered as always! In September, his Captain notified him he was selected!!! We were all surprised but with Gods grace, high GPA, high PFT scores, and letters of recommendation (especially one from an Army Major) put him over the top.
    He will be going to Quantico Virginia this Summer for 10 weeks of US Marine Officer Candidate School . He is super excited and his mother and I are so proud of him!! He will miss a day or two of fall football camp, but after completing his 10 weeks he will return back to Oklahoma to start his senior football season. Upon graduation and receiving his degree, he will be commissioned 2nd lieutenant in the US Marines and then go back to Quantico for TBS.
    Gonna miss and worry for my best hunting buddy, but I know the good Lord will always be with him wherever he may go. Man where did the days go? They grow up so fast! He’s a grown man now and has made his poppa super proud!!
    Attached Files

Congrats to your family

Comment

Thank you all for your service and CONGRATULATIONS TO HIM!
      Tyler

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

About as good as it gets......proud moment for sure.
          Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congratulations, I know you’re proud !

Comment

Congrts to him and all involved.

Comment

Wtg...…..…...

Comment

Oorah!

It takes good people to do this!

Comment

Congrats to all.

Comment

Semper Fidelis. He’ll make a stud Commissioned Officer. Good job Dad.

Comment

OhhRahh!! Semper Fi. Good on you. Y’all certainly raised him right.

Gives me hope for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats. I know you’re proud as you should be.

Comment

Pure awesomeness!

Comment

Working...
                              X