Scaring pigs away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaring pigs away

What are your thoughts on scaring hogs away from a feeder or an area during a deer hunt? Example: You are 18ft up in a tree and a good sized group of hogs come in to a feeder 30 mins before dark. From camera pics you know that the the big bucks come to the feeder when the hogs don't show up. If you have no interest in shooting a hog, do you think it would be smart or dumb to purposefully give up your position to the hogs to spook them from the area? If a buck was in the general area and heard or saw the hogs spooked and running from area, do you think deer would pay much mind? Just curious on opinions

Run a arrow through one of em....the rest will run off. NEVER pass up a chance to kill a pig. I cant say for sure that it wont make the deer leery of coming in, but I would lean toward it not bothering them.

Comment

Shoot one. We need to kill all we can. If you don't want it, the yotes and buzzards will thank you.

Comment

It’s not going to hurt.

Comment

Shoot

Comment

I would rather give up my position shooting the pig instead of just spooking him off. Take the shot!

Comment

I have zipped an arrow through one to scare the group away. My fear is always that they will drop in their tracks right there and I will have to get down and deal with it while I'm after a deer.

Comment

I've spooked them off before by waving my arms. I've made a shot just a tad back before so it will run. Both methods got rid of the hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  It’s not going to hurt.
                  This..

Hogs are ALWAYS grunting and running here and there. If you let them see you and they scatter and run off the deer will come right in.. Unless the deer see/smell you.

Comment

If you shoot them in the guts they don't die under your feeder.

Comment

Sling shot a big marble to the face. Them old whistling ducks wear me out too.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        If you shoot them in the guts they don't die under your feeder.

Comment

Beto special!

Comment

Shoot!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                              I have zipped an arrow through one to scare the group away. My fear is always that they will drop in their tracks right there and I will have to get down and deal with it while I'm after a deer.
                              Maybe tighten up your groups?

I have dropped them under the feeder and after they are done kicking the deer eat around them.

Comment

Working...
                              X