NBA lockout ends-Glad I got to do some hunting w my buddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBA lockout ends-Glad I got to do some hunting w my buddy

Looks like the NBA season will finally start after a long lockout. My best friend plays for the Denver Nuggets (Chris Andersen) and although I'm glad he's going back to work, Im bummed he won't be able to hunt anymore for awhile. This was the first year he was able to bow hunt w me and we had a blast, normally his training camp starts around the opening of bow season. He was able to come down for 3 weeks and we stuck a few hogs and deer and were even able to hunt w my sons a few times. I'm glad though that the league was able to work a deal out and now they can all get back to playing ball and he can start making money again. Any of you that are basketball fans will have to catch a few Nugget games, you'll enjoy watching Chris play, he looks a lil crazy, but plays hard and with alot of hustle, plus he's an avid bow hunter, he's not bad for a white boy! Jkn...! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I'm not much of a basketball fan but, I am happy for all the folks that got put out of work when all the millionaires and billionaires started arguing over money.

Comment

i think this strike pretty much ended my NBA watching career.

Comment

I'll check him out.

Comment

I agree that the strike was a bummer. And I felt bad for all the other workers that do the little stuff at games like ushers, concessions, security ect. But not all the players are bad guys, it's just like any other business, some employees are cool, some are greedy jerks! Chris spent his downtime hunting and working with troubled youth, so I assure you he's not one of the greedy jerks. But I also understand those that are sick of seeing greedy players vs greedy millionaire owners, I'm no different!

Comment

Originally posted by WoodlandsRoy View Post
            I agree that the strike was a bummer. And I felt bad for all the other workers that do the little stuff at games like ushers, concessions, security ect. But not all the players are bad guys, it's just like any other business, some employees are cool, some are greedy jerks! Chris spent his downtime hunting and working with troubled youth, so I assure you he's not one of the greedy jerks. But I also understand those that are sick of seeing greedy players vs greedy millionaire owners, I'm no different!
            I'm sure your friend Chris is a nice guy and I should have said congrats to the two of you on being able to have a chance to hunt together for a change.

Comment

just curious...how you know the Birdman?

Comment

We were roommates and played together at Blinn College, then lived together for a few years afterwards. Have been close friends since and he's my son, Lil Roy's Godfather.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer453 View Post
                  i think this strike pretty much ended my NBA watching career.
                  My thoughts too!

Comment

Originally posted by WoodlandsRoy View Post
                    We were roommates and played together at Blinn College, then lived together for a few years afterwards. Have been close friends since and he's my son, Lil Roy's Godfather.
                    that's cool. impressed that he bow hunts too...

Comment

I am sure your friend is a great guy but the ones that were arguing over money when they get paid way more than most people. they should have just fired them and let them get a blue collar job and then see if they like there pay then. I bet they would love to have their job back and be happy with there pay because there are a lot of guys who can play ball and never got the chance that would take their pay.

Comment

Good to hear your friend is back doing what he loves. He doesn't sound like the players that are giving the pros a bad rep. I too get tired of hearing the arguments especially since all they are doing is playing ball, kids do it for free. I would have NEVER guessed that birdman was a bowhunter!

Comment

What bow does he hunt with? He has to have a long dl.

Comment

I'm sure there are some good guys in the the NBA, just like your friend, but if the whole season had been "lost", I for one, wouldn't have missed it a bit. FYI: I'm not a basketball hater, and I've reffed HS basketball for 17 years, but the NBA isn't even basketball anymore.

Comment

Congrats to the NBA fans and I'm sorry that your hunting partner is having to get back to work.

I'm not a basketball watcher but I know it is important to a lot of people, so I guess it's for the best .

Todd

Comment

Working...
                              X