Name:	12.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	24027535

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
        This thread is now old school.

[ATTACH]283140[/ATTACH]
        Ding, ding, ding!!! Man, that was fun handing out the ole velvet Elvis awards!!!
        Folks talk about the big crash......which one? The HUGE crash that wiped out all the JOIN dates that was soon followed by another big crash?
        Lol.......really dating myself huh!!

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
          Is big feeder club old school?
          Si!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bigfeeder.gif
Views:	4
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	24027532

Until we master time travel, it will never be like it was. Still, always good to focus on the positive side of the "lotta good folks" community. Pretty simple.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guwvwp0uSU8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guwvwp0uSU8[/ame]

Comment

This reminds me of the Old Corps arguements.

When did the Old Corps end?

The day before you signed up

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Ding, ding, ding!!! Man, that was fun handing out the ole velvet Elvis awards!!!
              Folks talk about the big crash......which one? The HUGE crash that wiped out all the JOIN dates that was soon followed by another big crash?
              Lol.......really dating myself huh!!
              Yep. Dude you're gettin, old....

Did I offend you?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

Here is where we can from...

Trailboss, Tuthdoc, Tx Rattler...

These guys made up a big part of the forum back in the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  Smart. I am offeneded that you are offended at my remarks that I ment no offense by and you took offense to which in return has confused the hell outta me and now I can't remember where i started and I am ****** now!!!!!!!

Sweet....Time to start a new thread because you are ****** even though you don't know the reason.....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Sweet....Time to start a new thread because you are ****** even though you don't know the reason.....
                    Lol!!!

Comment

I have to admit that I am one of those sideliners! Seems that family life and making sure my girls are having fun seemed to take over my priorities! This thread kinda hit home for me. I will admit I "lurk" everyday. I built some awesome friendships "back in the day". Leggy nailed it! I have been truly amazed at what G2, Morris92, and few of the others have accomplished with TBH. I can tell you from lurking I have seen some things change but, there is definitely still the "old" fire burning. This site still is a vast pool of knowledge for the bowhunting community and when someone is in need on the green screen there is never a shortage of helping hands that are extend without hesitation and without reservation. That was the thing that made TBH great then and always will!

P.S. don't let that 2009 join date fool ya!
                      Last edited by DavidS; 11-08-2011, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
                        NO SIR...Read the thread Roy, I asked for input from Old School guy's just like you...

I never once said, or implied that I was; and besides my born on date makes that kinda obvious, don't cha think....

Old school or not, I'm trying to contribute to this site by trying to get some feedback from well seasoned vets like you.

Would you care to join in?

Ok I guess I see where your coming from now. Hmmmmmmmmmm let's see. This place is some what like a huge camp fire, of mainly bowhunters. With that said not all of us will/can/do get along.

It is a internet forum but one can relate to it if one was in person, I believe. With that said, I don't consider myself a "regular poster" I do watch more from the sidelines. A friend suggested this site when I first took up this sport, as a place to get some knowledge.

His thoughts were this place can be standoffish of more "clickish" so watch your steps. Ya I guess I can see that.............but in real life are we not the same? Some people I get along great, some I can't stand/tolerate/care for. So same principals as on the Green Screen.

I tend to be a real smart @zz in real life and also bring it to the net. With that said some guys are ok with it others are not. When one finds themselves clashing and pissing people off more then anything, maybe it's time to step back. Not saying all the guys are like that on here, but at times there has been a Lion feeding on a poor soul. That has been brought up many a times by the mods asking to "tame it down"

Do I enjoy this place? At times I do at times I don't, kinda like "real life" I still come in here looking to get a lil more for the noggin. More then I had before my last visit. Take it with a grain of salt and knee high boots for whats its worth.

I do still firmly believe we have the power to bring more people into this sport, bowhunting. It is a much tougher act to follow as compared to rifle hunters, imo. With that said help em out more so the beginners instead of knit picking and making fun of em.

Not sure if that shed any light, but those are my "thoughts"

Roy "Beaver Cleaver"

Comment

Originally posted by Hafernick View Post
                          http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...splay.php?f=35

With all due respect Hafernick, before he got sick, I recall some snackbar worthy discussions from TxRattler himself. He was a good guy for sure and had some great stories, but he wasn't afraid to go toe to toe with anybody.....

This is great example of what I meant by good old day syndrome...

Comment

Originally posted by helibow View Post
                            for me, having been a lurker for a long time, then a poster for a long time... I think there was a period where growth was slow, folks meandered in and sat around the fire a bit sizing everyone up and then piped up in conversations. The growth has been explosive over the last couple of years, folks wanna be part of the cool crowd - which is clearly the tbh gang... And so the wide variety of personalities are more prevalent. The difference between "old school tbh" and "newbies" is the old schoolers, for the most part, know when to just shake their head, click the back arrow and go to another thread... Because its just not really worth stirring up the crap and getting people all flamed up. The new guys are still beating their chest and peeing on the bush still - it takes a little more time for them to get in and settled. Again, this goes back to growth.. When we newbies joined many years ago and shot off our mouth, we got put in our place. It didnt happen that often because there werent as many newbies joining tbh in the volume that they are now. Probably as ratio's go... It's near the same x:y but it just seems like there is more now because the x has grown significantly... So the y has too.

Having said that - this is still the best hunting forum around and i have never met (in person or electronically) any folks that were better than i have on here. Lots of great friends, great hunting trips, great buys, great sells and informative nuggets that have stuck in my head!

Oddly enough - i recently heard someone commenting on the character of someone he didnt know by stating "well... I know he is a tbh'er... So he is probably good people"! Now that speaks volumes about our neighborhood here!!
                            well said!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hafernick View Post
                              http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...splay.php?f=35

You forgot Doggiebonz and Hector.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                                There's just more static on here than there was before. Pretty much unavoidable when you put this many folks together in any environment, especially an internet forum.

True, I wish to thank Micheal again for providing us an "ignore list" in the user CP.

With its judicious use, this site can get back to the way it should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X