Trump Signs Animal Cruelty Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Whatever Rob. Threaten me for a differing opinion. How liberal of you.

Stay classy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You’re a punk *** little *****

Rob has more class in his left nut than you and your husband combined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      Cruelty is cruelty. Anyone cruel enough to torture or abuse an animal is ****ed in the head, has little regard for life and is way more likely to harm humans as well. ........
      This is not directed at you Sika I'm just using your post.
      Why is this repeated over and over? I'm pretty sure everyone agrees on this point.

The problem is the definition of cruelty. A lot of people think hunting and/or fishing is cruel. Dog left in hot truck. A lot think killing any dog, pet or animal in any way outside a vet clinic is cruel. Fish out of water. Skinny livestock. This list can go on for ever. There's a huge massive blurred line.

I can't believe people here think this law will stop at the absolute far end of the spectrum and only bust the truly sick people. And at least one on here I know doesn't trust the government for squat. Why trust them here when we know without a doubt PETA types are gaining ground?

Comment

Did I miss something? Did someone on here say people who are cruel to animals shouldn't be punished? Why are we getting personal and name calling? Peace folks

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          This is not directed at you Sika I'm just using your post.
          Why is this repeated over and over? I'm pretty sure everyone agrees on this point.

The problem is the definition of cruelty. A lot of people think hunting and/or fishing is cruel. Dog left in hot truck. A lot think killing any dog, pet or animal in any way outside a vet clinic is cruel. Fish out of water. Skinny livestock. This list can go on for ever. There's a huge massive blurred line.

I can't believe people here think this law will stop at the absolute far end of the spectrum and only bust the truly sick people. And at least one on here I know doesn't trust the government for squat. Why trust them here when we know without a doubt PETA types are gaining ground?
          Both the state and fed have legal definitions and statutes dealing with animal cruelty. You can look up these definitions and statutes.

The Texas Penal Code prohibits a person from intentionally, knowingly or recklessly cruelly treating an animal. The following actions define cruel punishment:

Torturing an animal
          Failing to provide food, care or shelter
          Abandoning an animal
          Transporting or confining an animal in a cruel manner
          Killing, seriously injuring or poisoning an animal
          Causing an animal to fight with another
          Using a live animal as a lure in a dog race
          Tripping a horse
          Injuring an animal belonging to another person
          Seriously overworking an animal.

House Bill 653 and Senate Bill 1724, commonly known as “Loco’s Law,” went into effect September 1, 2001, making animal cruelty a felony and punishable by a $10,000 fine and up to two years in jail. The law was named for a puppy called Loco, whose eyes were intentionally gouged out. Prior to Loco’s Law, criminal animal cruelty was not considered a felony under Texas law.
          In a civil case, if a judge rules that a person or people have been cruel to animals, the judge may take away their animals and/or order them to pay restitution.

Personally, I am all for criminal charges against animal abusers. People that abuse or torture animals should not get a slap on the wrist. They are no better than people who abuse children and the punishment should not be less just because it was an animal instead of a human child, in my opinion.

So, how do we define cruel treatment of an animal?

Generally, acts of violence or neglect perpetrated against animals are considered animal cruelty. Animal cruelty laws vary by state but nearly all animal cruelty laws specifically exclude accepted animal husbandry practices involving farm animals, animals used in research, and lawful hunting and trapping of wildlife.

On one end of the spectrum, there are people that believe that no animal should suffer pain because of human activity. Others believe that some use of animals is allowable, so long as no unnecessary pain is inflicted upon any animal.
          Then you have some people - some right here on this forum - that think ANY human need is more important than ANY need of a non-human animal.

But the MAJORITY of the population understands that animal welfare (which is not the same as Animal Rights) is a human responsibility that encompasses all aspects of animal well-being, including proper housing, responsible care, humane handling, and, when necessary, humane euthanasia.

Temple Grandin was not an animal rights activist or a vegan but she led the charge for animal welfare reform in the cattle industry because she loved and cared for farm animals and also recognized that what was good for cattle was also good for the beef industry.

Comment

I’m still waiting for someone to talk about how involving the federal government always makes everything better.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
              I’m still waiting for someone to talk about how involving the federal government always makes everything better.
              You'll be waiting a long time!

Comment

you know the peta experts will end up in charge of defining cruelty.

this is really bad, but you impossible whopper eaters, nut crunchers, vegans, and tree huggers never stop.

all the while, the always trumpers will find a way to defend him, no matter what!

Comment

Working...
                X