Brushy hill 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smvjr1 View Post
    A buddy of mine and I will be there next week. Everything I am hearing is that the deer are moving good this year. You are right last year with all the rain it was tough hunting and even without the rain Brushy Hill is absolutely no walk in the park. This will be our third straight year going out there. Have seen good bucks every year, just haven't been able to close the deal. Hopefully this will be the year. Either way, it will be a great time out at Brushy Hill. Pete and Ava are always the best!
    How did y’all hunt go?

Comment

Originally posted by Carta Valley View Post
      I'm hunting Hog Heaven Pasture 12/20 - 12/24. Looking forward to my fist time there.
      Just seen where they posted a nice 145 10 point shot out of hog heaven pasture this weekend. Was that you?

Comment

We saw a lot of young bucks all week. Thursday evening I had a really really nice 8 pt at 17 yards with his head down eating my hand corn. I all but drew back on him when that little guy on my shoulder told me to make sure he made 14" inside. I knew he was very close so I listened to that little voice until I could judge his width properly. Glad I did. After a good look, I judged him to be around 13". That little voice saved me $1000 replacement fee. Still a great hunt. The weather was perfect. The place is covered up with hogs this year. Good luck to all that are still scheduled to go out. Have a great hunt and be safe.

Comment

They have killed several good deer this yr, good luck to all

Comment

Originally posted by Smvjr1 View Post
            We saw a lot of young bucks all week. Thursday evening I had a really really nice 8 pt at 17 yards with his head down eating my hand corn. I all but drew back on him when that little guy on my shoulder told me to make sure he made 14" inside. I knew he was very close so I listened to that little voice until I could judge his width properly. Glad I did. After a good look, I judged him to be around 13". That little voice saved me $1000 replacement fee. Still a great hunt. The weather was perfect. The place is covered up with hogs this year. Good luck to all that are still scheduled to go out. Have a great hunt and be safe.
            Thanks for the update! We hunt next Thursday-Monday. Always look forward to going out there!

Comment

Working...
            X