Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanders and his mandated $15/hr dream again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's been doubling down on his love for Castro. And with that he can kiss Florida goodbye. (not that he would have won it anyways)

Comment

It is amazing that the minimum wage is at what it is at ... Everything has skyrocketed but that.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        It is amazing that the minimum wage is at what it is at ... Everything has skyrocketed but that.
        It's amazing people are content with minimum wage. If you want to "EARN" more improve "your" skill set.

Comment

A little Bernie math. Under his plan that $7.50 per hour just went down by 30 cents.

Comment

I fully agree. But, throwing salt directly into the self inflicted wound seems counter-productive to you doesn't it?

Let's speed up this massive inflation by running minimum wage up. What's the worst that could happen right?

Comment

Like wages in general

HELLO capitalism !!!!!

Riddle me this Jer. The minimum wage workers skillz are still the same but you want them to get paid more, just because?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                A little Bernie math. Under his plan that $7.50 per hour just went down by 30 cents.
                https://i.imgur.com/d2mE5Ou.jpg
                I don’t think that’s accurate. You can’t tax the lowest income bracket at 50%, otherwise “it’s not free” to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  I don’t think that’s accurate. You can’t tax the lowest income bracket at 50%, otherwise “it’s not free” to them.
                  He's going to have so he can pay for all these social programs, actually it's far more than 50%. He's adding 97trillion to the budget in the next 10 years. The entire value of privately owned assets for the rich, middle, and poor equals 89trillion dollars. So, if every citizen liquidated all their assets over the next 10 years we'd still fall short of paying for this stuff.

It's going to cost 14 trillion a year per year to run the government(4trillion current budget+9.7trillion for Bernie's programs) with our entire GDP for the USA being 18.9trillion. That's 78% of our GDP to maintain this plan. So, 50% tax rate is a very low number compared to the reality.

Simple math. These Bernie supporters aren't capable of adding and subtracting. That, or they don't care because they don't plan to be productive anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Bernie is the best bet for repubs taking control of house and Senate. Half the dems just won't turn out to vote if he is the ticket leader. That means down ticket congressmen don't get the vote either.
                    Would be nice! And he may drive conservatives out to vote against him also.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                      He's going to have so he can pay for all these social programs, actually it's far more than 50%. He's adding 97trillion to the budget in the next 10 years. The entire value of privately owned assets for the rich, middle, and poor equals 89trillion dollars. So, if every citizen liquidated all their assets over the next 10 years we'd still fall short of paying for this stuff.

It's going to cost 14 trillion a year per year to run the government(4trillion current budget+9.7trillion for Bernie's programs) with our entire GDP for the USA being 18.9trillion. That's 78% of our GDP to maintain this plan. So, 50% tax rate is a very low number compared to the reality.

Simple math. These Bernie supporters aren't capable of adding and subtracting. That, or they don't care because they don't plan to be productive anyways.
                      Sorry I didn’t mean to imply that it wasn’t reality.... I was stating that’s not what he is publishing, and for as long as he can he will defer taxation of the lowest brackets. But you are right. It’s not even funny math. It’s just literally false math.

I read this morning that he stated his plan would lead to a surplus because they would sue fossil fuel companies and reduce military budgets. Clearly saying he believes he can create $ out of thin air. He thinks you can sue someone and reduce spending to an amount that exceeds what is actually produced as a whole. Clearly the statement was so preposterous that I can’t even find the new stories or quotes. But it really is fantasy land he is selling and a segment of our country is buying it up like a coke fiend at a 2 for 1 rail party.

Comment

It isn't accurate. The only part of that income that would be taxed at 52% is the $2,200 above $29,000.

Comment

Pretty sure the 52% tax rate is for those earning 10 million a year.

Memes should make you lol not be taken as fact

Comment

Sorry I didn’t mean to imply that it wasn’t reality.... I was stating that’s not what he is publishing, and for as long as he can he will defer taxation of the lowest brackets. But you are right. It’s not even funny math. It’s just literally false math.

I read this morning that he stated his plan would lead to a surplus because they would sue fossil fuel companies and reduce military budgets. Clearly saying he believes he can create $ out of thin air. He thinks you can sue someone and reduce spending to an amount that exceeds what is actually produced as a whole. Clearly the statement was so preposterous that I can’t even find the new stories or quotes. But it really is fantasy land he is selling and a segment of our country is buying it up like a coke fiend at a 2 for 1 rail party.
                            Yup. Part of his Green New Deal initiative is to fund it by suing oil and gas companies. Absolute lunacy.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              Pretty sure the 52% tax rate is for those earning 10 million a year.

Memes should make you lol not be taken as fact
                              Yes, but he said on air the other night when pressured that it would actually be anyone making over $29,000. I'm sure it was simply just a mistake made under pressure....

Comment

If you really want to go hmmm. Look into the history and origin of minimum wage laws.

Comment

Working...
                                X