2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 LBJ Grassland

Here's to a new season and a new thread! Who's ready for deer season?

I scouted a new piece today and threw up a camera. Looks promising!

Anyone else been out scouting yet?

Went out the past few weekends and found some spots. Starting to get excited.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably going to head out this weekend. Going to get some miles hiked and look for a few places to put up cameras. Would be nice to get a read on what’s out there and how they are growing. Would love to have some more success out there this season.

Comment

Went out the week before last and rode one of the trails to the backside of a section that was the most beautiful area of LBJ I had ever seen.
        Also rode up on 2 separate does with brand new fawns, saw my first wild mulberry tree out there and several ponds that looked good for fishing or early teal.
        Then I spilled and dislocated my shoulder and called it a day.
        Now healing for my overseas trip this coming Wednesday.
        But yeah, I'm getting excited about bow season! OR at my age crossbow season.

Comment

Hope you heal fine Pat.

Comment

Scouted today. Very green and super thick. Wildflowers everywhere. Lots of snakes though, nearly stepped on three. Wear your snake gaiters/boots if you go.

Comment

I loved the wildflowers yesterday as well. I had my snake boots on but didn't see any, thank God. Spiders were everywhere though. I had to walk with a stick out in front of me to knock the webs down or I would have been covered!

Comment

Pulled my cameras a couple of weeks ago. We suffered 50% attrition on the cameras but some of those were in obvious places. Haven't gotten through all the pics yet. Lot of growth and green, green, green. I lost the most promissing camera but I had a backup near by.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                  Pulled my cameras a couple of weeks ago. We suffered 50% attrition on the cameras but some of those were in obvious places. Haven't gotten through all the pics yet. Lot of growth and green, green, green. I lost the most promissing camera but I had a backup near by.
                  Lost due to theft or just not working anymore due to weather/burns?

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                    Lost due to theft or just not working anymore due to weather/burns?
                    Lost due to theft or confiscation. Two were right in the open. One was locked. The others were less noticable but near likely hunted areas. These were all lost after season ended. I dropped 5 this year 4 tasco and 1 Moultrie.

Comment

As I've said before, I'd never steal someone's camera. Now taking a peak at the pictures...just sayin(:

Comment

Now that I live closer to LBJ, I need to take the dogs out there and see what we come up with

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                          I loved the wildflowers yesterday as well. I had my snake boots on but didn't see any, thank God. Spiders were everywhere though. I had to walk with a stick out in front of me to knock the webs down or I would have been covered!
                          Ha, glad I wasn't the only one looking like an idiot waving a stick around everywhere. Missed a few and worked on my ninja dance. Is it Fall yet?

Comment

I am hoping to be out scouting first. my wife got me a bow for my birthday this year and i am hoping for my first archery deer and first deer period this year. i have only done public duck hunting in NTX.

grabbing a copy of the map from the decatur office this week to start scouting next week

Comment

Originally posted by Transitblues View Post
                              I am hoping to be out scouting first. my wife got me a bow for my birthday this year and i am hoping for my first archery deer and first deer period this year. i have only done public duck hunting in NTX.

grabbing a copy of the map from the decatur office this week to start scouting next week

Take plenty of water with ya, a GPS, a small hand held compass just in case the GPS quits. And good luck to ya this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X