Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the write up Tim. Glad y’all had a little fun with Sacajawea, and prayers up for your wife and family as you work through the battle!!!!

Peanut, glad you got her in your hands. When are we going pig hunting??? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Good luck with her, and we’ll be waiting to hear from you about your time with Sacajawea!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bisch, I'm going in the next couple of weeks. Won the hunt at the HCS raffle and need to get ahold of Bryan.

Comment

The Travels Of The Bow Sacagawea

Where is Sacajawea now?

Grand Passage, you have her???

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 03-08-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Sorry I'm late posting

I shot Sacagawea a couple of rounds at 3D, I had been hoping to take her on a hog hunt but couldn't shoot her good enough. Wild Bill Norman and Danny Porter shot her some.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Where is Sacajawea now?

Grand Passage, you have her???

Bisch

Sorry for missing your post Bisch.

I received the bow about a month ago and was amazed to see how good of condition she was in despite all the hunts and travels.

I’ve only been able to shoot her twice due to work schedule and the crazy current events. I had some arrows that shot perfectly and was planning to use the bow for an axis/hog/turkey hunt this weekend. Unfortunately that was canceled due to social distancing.

I will reach out to Dugie today and get her shipped out ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry I haven't posted my bio, better late than never

I'm Wesley (Peanut) Adams, live in San Angelo. I Joined TBoT in 06 and have been the newsletter editor and currently the west Texas rep.
              I grew up following coonhounds with my dad and attending field trials where my dog Queen won several trophies in the treeing contests. I also did a lot of hunting with my bb gun and .22.
              In my older teen years I got involved in skeet shooting, (not to brag I got pretty good at it) and was heavy into dove and quail hunting.
              I got involved in archery around 1980 with compounds and after a few years switched to trad only and been that way ever since.
              I've been in blood trailing 7 years now with my dogs Howdy, Kitty and Doc.

Comment

While looking to see how much insurance I needed to carry for shipping out Sacajawea, I also read that I was supposed to put up my bio. I apologize for the lack of updates while she was in my possession. Trying to finish up a few work related projects and ensuring the family was prepared for potential lockdown got in the way.

Anyways....

I started my journey into traditional archery in 2015, when I was given a Samick Sage by my wife’s family. Her father and two brothers shot recurves and longbows, and I was intrigued by the appearance of simplicity with the equipment they were using. I was also being ridiculed for having a “device with training wheels”, my compound, and not an actual bow (despite them all being fairly recent converts from compounds, which they refer to as "engineered devices"). As soon as I started shooting the recurve, I quickly realized that I would never pick up my compound again.

I traded my compound for a hill style longbow. I no longer own the Sage or the longbow, as they were traded or sold so I could try other bows.

I believe I am drawn to traditional archery for the same reason I prefer to fly-fish, the embracing of a challenge. On the surface, both appear to be simple in nature, but they can be made as technical as you want to make them. Bare shaft tuning for example.

I have introduced several friends to traditional archery over the last couple of years. I started receiving so many questions from people, that I finally generated a PDF explaining all of the basics.

Comment

$750 worth is what I was told.

Gary

Comment

Can’t wait....

Comment

Dugie, what’s up with you and Sacajawea????

Bisch

Comment

PM sent to Dugie!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Sorry was gone all weekend, I got Smokin Feathers address last week bow will be headed his way mid week.

It’s been fun!!

I’ll post up a recap later this week.

Comment

The bow is shipped.

Comment

I got a eye out for it!

Comment

Originally posted by smokin feathers View Post
                                I got a eye out for it!
                                The glass one? [emoji15][emoji23]

Gary

Comment