Kyle Bell "Folsom Outfitters"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyle Bell "Folsom Outfitters"

Since the last thread got closed I will start a new one.

Well to start off I have hunted with Kyle 2 times now. First being in 2016 on a pronghorn hunt with my wife, everything went great. Second time was middle of last month for black bear with my dad. We rolled into camp the first night and nobody was there. Dad and I sat by the truck for two hours before Kyle even showed up to the bunk house and when he did he was drunk as a skunk. Didn't eat dinner that night till 11:30. Second day evening hunt we didn't leave the camp till 630pm took almost a hour to get up the mountain and on the property we hunted on. By that time we got out of the truck walked for 30 min then it was to dark to even shoot. Didn't even feel like we got a evening hunt. Next afternoon I walked out of the bunk house to Kyle shooting cattle in the head with a .45 pistol in a stock trailer he had just loaded up to use as bait for the bears " which in New Mexico your not allowed to bait". Last night we were there and the night we called it quits he drove off and left us on the mesa told us he'd be at the gate at 8pm to pick us up. He never showed up we hiked 3 or 4 miles off the mesa back to the highway through a terrible thunderstorm and rain. Kyle pulled up to the gate at 11pm drunk off his *** we get in the truck he's bobbing his head and swerving all over the high way driving back to the house. To sum it all up he never did what he said he was going to do, he was very unsafe and unprofessional. Drank whiskey the whole time like it was water and was taking oxycodone. He charges top dollar for his hunts and this is what he does. I will not be recommending him to anybody from here on and will never hunt with him again. I was a customer that would be up there every year or every other year but ill never be back after this.

Yeah, I'd like to hear more about this guy....

Comment

Originally posted by Walding1989 View Post
      Since the last thread got closed I will start a new one.

Well to start off I have hunted with Kyle 2 times now. First being in 2016 on a pronghorn hunt with my wife, everything went great. Second time was middle of last month for black bear with my dad. We rolled into camp the first night and nobody was there. Dad and I sat by the truck for two hours before Kyle even showed up to the bunk house and when he did he was drunk as a skunk. Didn't eat dinner that night till 11:30. Second day evening hunt we didn't leave the camp till 630pm took almost a hour to get up the mountain and on the property we hunted on. By that time we got out of the truck walked for 30 min then it was to dark to even shoot. Didn't even feel like we got a evening hunt. Next afternoon I walked out of the bunk house to Kyle shooting cattle in the head with a .45 pistol in a stock trailer he had just loaded up to use as bait for the bears " which in New Mexico your not allowed to bait". Last night we were there and the night we called it quits he drove off and left us on the mesa told us he'd be at the gate at 8pm to pick us up. He never showed up we hiked 3 or 4 miles off the mesa back to the highway through a terrible thunderstorm and rain. Kyle pulled up to the gate at 11pm drunk off his *** we get in the truck he's bobbing his head and swerving all over the high way driving back to the house. To sum it all up he never did what he said he was going to do, he was very unsafe and unprofessional. Drank whiskey the whole time like it was water and was taking oxycodone. He charges top dollar for his hunts and this is what he does. I will not be recommending him to anybody from here on and will never hunt with him again. I was a customer that would be up there every year or every other year but ill never be back after this.

Need to turn this dude in to NM dept. of conservation or whatever their game cops are. He will end up getting his butt kicked or worse, getting one of his paying customers killed with the alcohol abuse

Comment

Wow you have more patience than I would have. The moment I knew he was drunk on my paid time there would have been big issue!

Comment

I hope the situation are brought to the attention of the correct authority.

stuff like this makes me so nervous to book hunts

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
            Wow you have more patience than I would have. The moment I knew he was drunk on my paid time there would have been big issue!
            No crap and **** sure wouldnt let him drive me around drunk and pilled out.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
              I hope the situation are brought to the attention of the correct authority.

stuff like this makes me so nervous to book hunts
              Yeah im going to be pretty gun shy about turning loose of several thousand dollars to a outfitter again.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                Need to turn this dude in to NM dept. of conservation or whatever their game cops are. He will end up getting his butt kicked or worse, getting one of his paying customers killed with the alcohol abuse
                X2

Comment

I am glad you posted this. I was considering using Folsom Outfitters. It makes sense now, why he was not returning my calls or emails.

Does anyone have another recommendation on an NE New Mexico outfitter for an archery elk hunt? I am looking for one. Thanks.

Comment

I don't know how old of a fella Kyle is but he seems to be at the front of the line for people in need of an ol' fashioned a*s whoopin.

Comment

Disappointed that the last thread is gone. Hopefully this one will save TBH'ers trouble in the future

Comment

Link to the original thread that got closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                          I don't know how old of a fella Kyle is but he seems to be at the front of the line for people in need of an ol' fashioned a*s whoopin.
                          Boy, people on here are quick to want to give out *** whoopin's.

I hunted with Kyle from 2012 to 2014. I can't say what is going on now, but he was great to hunt with then. He always put us on animals every year. We always talk about our hunts with Kyle and would always say that just hanging out with Kyle was worth the price of the hunt. On our elk trip last week we talked about reaching out to him about a future hunt. We/I consider Kyle a friend. It sounds like Kyle might be dealing with some issues. I know his body has been through hell from previous years of rodeo stuff. Just watching him walk would make my knees hurt. I hate reading about that. If so, I hope he gets some help.
                          I hate to hear about these bad experiences, but I also hate to hear the name calling towards Kyle as well from the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                            Boy, people on here are quick to want to give out *** whoopin's.

I hunted with Kyle from 2012 to 2014. I can't say what is going on now, but he was great to hunt with then. He always put us on animals every year. We always talk about our hunts with Kyle and would always say that just hanging out with Kyle was worth the price of the hunt. On our elk trip last week we talked about reaching out to him about a future hunt. We/I consider Kyle a friend. It sounds like Kyle might be dealing with some issues. I know his body has been through hell from previous years of rodeo stuff. Just watching him walk would make my knees hurt. I hate reading about that. If so, I hope he gets some help.
                            I hate to hear about these bad experiences, but I also hate to hear the name calling towards Kyle as well from the other thread.

Yeah I hunted with him in 2016 and had a good time. Sounds and seems like he's screwing people this year.

Comment

Kyle's father passed earlier this year. I'm sure that hasn't helped.

Sad deal all the way around.

Comment

Working...
                              X