Tree Saddle Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree Saddle Users

hey guys hoping someone might be able to help me out. I host the Storm Water Creek podcast and we are currently looking for someone who is a tree saddle hunter. We are going to be interviewing a manufacturer in a couple of weeks and would like ot have a follow up podcast with someone who actually has used one and can give some details about the experience. We are DFW based and if you are local we will provide dinner and beers. if you are not local we can do the interview via the telephone.

Thank you for the help!!

Abe

Try the saddle hunter forum. Id help you out if I had more experience. I’m currently piecing my set-up together. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunted out of a Tethrd Mantis this season a handful of times. I would be happy to provide feedback but it sounds like you may be looking for someone with a bit more experience. Great podcast by the way!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys for the feed back!! and Thank you Rich for the kinds words about the podcast.

Comment

Reach out to 'IkemanTX' on here. He has experience using saddles, according the LBJ forum from last year.

Comment

I’m gonna have to check out your podcast. I’m currently piecing together as well but no experience yet. I also am a public land freak though

If you ever need someone to talk about hunting in Sam Houston Forest I’m game though.

Comment

Feel free to reach out to me been saddle hunting for several years 10+. I can save you a lot of time and maybe some $$. It is the best way to hunt hands down. You will not want to use a tree stand again.

Comment

Originally posted by LilHoss View Post
                Feel free to reach out to me been saddle hunting for several years 10+. I can save you a lot of time and maybe some $$. It is the best way to hunt hands down. You will not want to use a tree stand again.
                What are you using for a platform? I just stood on my Muddy sticks last season and definitely see the need to upgrade to a dedicated platform or ring of steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                  What are you using for a platform? I just stood on my Muddy sticks last season and definitely see the need to upgrade to a dedicated platform or ring of steps.

Been there done that. That is not comfortable at all. Comfort is the key in a saddle. I use a ring of Ameristeps on a ratchet strap. There are so many options now though it is crazy. Like 3 companies are making saddle platforms. It is basically just a tree stand seat that you stand on.

Comment

Lilhoss—-would you mind posting pics of your setup? I have never used one but seems like a great way to hunt and be pretty dang mobile if needed

Comment

I've considered trying a saddle in South Texas but severely limited due to lack of large trees. Plus, when you get higher the lower brush is typically in your way.

Has anyone tried with success in the south with the mesquite, live oak and juniper environment?

Comment

I think TBHr Lean Machine sewed his own high quality saddle. I'll give the podcast a listen as well

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                          I think TBHr Lean Machine sewed his own high quality saddle. I'll give the podcast a listen as well
                          He did. And he loves that thing. I think hes killed like 8 deer out of it now.

Comment

Yea i don't think i am the wealth of knowledge you are looking for since i just started using one last year. I was on the fence about buying one but it was so close to season that i could not get one in time due to manufacturers being weeks behind schedule and back ordered. The $300+ price points had me a little squeamish as well. So yea i just did my research and sewed one as close to store bought as i could get. I have a good bit of sewing experience and this was a very easy project compared to other stuff i have tackled. I ran into the same back order and price point problems with the Stepp ladder steps and platfoms so i just made them as well. I fell in love with the system pretty quick and ended up having the most successful season of my life.

Comment

Some pics

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X