King ranch niglai questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King ranch niglai questions

I know several people on here have done niglai hunts on the king ranch. Myself and a friend want to do a hunt some time soon. The king ranch website offers what appears to be a day hunt - single day over water holes and fence crossings. Has anyone done this hunt? If so did you see a lot of animals? Did you get one? I emailed the contact but figured I’d ask the green screen too.

Following interested as well.

Comment

Did this a few years ago !
      Buddy and I both got bulls. Was a fun hunt, but can be tough.
      Got mine in first 2 hrs of day, buddy hit his 5 mins before dark.
      Seemed like as the day progressed, they went into deep cover.
      Still would highly recommend this hunt.

Comment

I shot a big bull on a day hunt. We saw a lot of nilgai, I missed one about an hour into the hunt and shot one much bigger about 3:30 in the afternoon on a waterhole. Here's the one I got

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got video of 20 bulls going under a fence on the last King Ranch hunt I did. Two of us each got a big bull and a cow. There is alot of nilgai on the pastures that the ranch offers the hunts on. But if your wanting to do a hunt soon, it might be booked up.

Comment

King Ranch would be awesome but filled up
              I’m booking a nilgai hunt at a different ranch in September for under $1500, let me know if you want to join

Comment

I’ve read lots showing how good it’s’ been in the past. I’m curious how much harder the hunt is after the freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                  I’ve read lots showing how good it’s’ been in the past. I’m curious how much harder the hunt is after the freeze.
                  Not sure how hard the the hunts are due to the freeze, but had a buddies hunt get cancelled because the Nilgai have had little to eat and lost a lot of weight since the freeze. Not sure how true that is or where he was going to hunt.

Comment

Myself & 5 others were at the King end of March. We were on a bowhunt that turned into a gun hunt. The Nilgai were not coming to water & they had left the oaks where we usually spot & stalk them. We saw quite a few dead ones as well as a few sick ones, they said they thought they lost about 15-20% to freeze. We still saw alot of Nilgai though & ended up w one bow kill & 6 rifle kills. If they had an opening I would not worry about being able to kill one w a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                      King Ranch would be awesome but filled up
                      I’m booking a nilgai hunt at a different ranch in September for under $1500, let me know if you want to join
                      I might join ya’ll.

Comment

I went with my dad two years ago. The guide told us we should have booked our hunts on two different days. That way if we both didn’t get one the first day we still had the second day for the same price. I shot a bull but my dad didn’t get one.

Comment

Working...
                        X