Leupold verse Vortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold verse Vortex

Any one want to tell me preferences and why. Looking through these diff lenses it seems like vortex magnification might be x12 but it’s similar to Leupolds x9....

Curious to hear people opinions and preferences

Leupold over Vortex all day every day. If that’s what you’re asking

Comment

I prefer leupold. It seems to me vortex eye relief is cantankerous.

Comment

We've used both a lot and I have a huge preference for Leupold. Having said that the cheap Diamondback scopes are awesome for the money. We had one get a fog/glare and had trouble seeing in certain sunlight, they replaced it no questions. Sold that and bought the wife a Viper which is nice. I do like the Vortex BDC, kiddo's 308 lines up perfectly with a 100 yard zero for a 200 and 300 yard reticle.

Comment

I prefer Leupold as well. I have not used the highest end Vortex scopes (Razor, etc), but on all the lower lines I prefer Leupold glass over Vortex.

Comment

I have both and I like them both. My next gun I'm going with leupold again.

Comment

Leupold hands down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Leupold

Comment

Apples & oranges. Leupold

Comment

Luepold. Life time guarantee. No questions asked. Great glass.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
                      Apples & oranges. Leupold
                      This.

Comment

Is this even a question lol

loopy

Comment

About half of my optics are vortex and the other half Luepold. My favorite scope I own is by far my VX6HD. However, Vortex makes some great glass, and no doubt the best warranty. However, they make a lot of junk. Luepolds lowest end "freedom" line is compared to Vortex mid level optics. So its sorta hard to compare the brands to each other. If you want to compare specific models in the same price range, than that's a different conversation. The 1-6 Vortex Razor is one of the best LPVO's on the market. It's used by a lot of reputable 3 gun shooters as well as SOCOM.

Also, lets not forget, Luepolds have had a very long sting of tracking issues with their scopes. The new Mark 5's, Mark 8's, and Vx6HD's seem to have finally figured it out.
                          Last edited by Arrowthreat; 12-30-2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                            However, Vortex makes some great glass, and no doubt the best warranty.
                            Leupold warranty is just as good.

Comment

Vortex has some pretty awesome budget scopes especially the Crossfire and Diamondback lines. but to me there biggest let down is the viper series... They seem to be hit and miss. I have a Viper HST i much prefer over my PST.

But once you get in the $400 range and up leupold is just far superior.

Comment

Working...
                              X