Beware!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware!!!!!

I just turned my 16 year old boy loose on the roads for the first time. Needless to say it scares me to death even though he’s a pretty good driver. You would think it would get easier since I’ve already done this once with my oldest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just did the same last week. I try not to think about it.... lol. We survived, so I guess they will.

Comment

It was easier for me to turn them loose. At least then I didn't have to ride with them! Wearing out seat covers with puckering and floorboards pressing on the brake.

Comment

I've done it twice with my two oldest, without a hitch or worry; but my youngest is sixteen and he worries me. He's actually a very good driver when he knows we can see him, but does stupid 16 y/o stuff when we can't.

Just let them go and do what they will. Worrying about it will wear you down!

Comment

The most fearful thing I ever did was to see my children drive off on their own for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
            I've done it twice with my two oldest, without a hitch or worry; but my youngest is sixteen and he worries me. He's actually a very good driver when he knows we can see him, but does stupid 16 y/o stuff when we can't.

Just let them go and do what they will. Worrying about it will wear you down!
            This was me when I was 16 and this one is just like me. I think that’s why I’m more nervous with this one.

Comment

It'd been 2 years for us. He's even left the house with a new f250 and a boat now

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

My youngest of 4 boys is 20. You never quit worrying about them...especially if you start thinking about what you did at that age

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                  This was me when I was 16 and this one is just like me. I think that’s why I’m more nervous with this one.
                  Same. My youngest is the same dumbazz idiot I was at that age.

Meh, some of us just gotta learn the hard way.

Comment

I went thru 3 girls and one boy.
                    All 3 girls totaled out their vehicles.
                    The boy, not even a fender bender.

Comment

I trained three and all are good defensive drivers. Rule #1- Everyone else on the road is a complete idiot. Plan Accordingly. Rule #2- use your mirrors at all times. Rule #3- see Rule #1

Comment

Raised 2, 1 boy and 1 girl , boy totaled out my wife’s brand new 2002 Ford super crew but God was watching over him-he is now 36 and has never had 1 citation and drives at or below the speed limit :-)

Girl child did good ( as far as we know) :-)

Thank God that they had no cell phones like kids do now!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                          My youngest of 4 boys is 20. You never quit worrying about them...especially if you start thinking about what you did at that age
                          My oldest is 21 now and was a cake walk but this one is gonna put me to the test.

Comment

I have taught two young ladies to drive--both were over 18. Both passed w/o issues and one thinks she's a NASCAR driver but has only gotten one ticket (that I know of) in 4 years. The other is super cautious but seems to have a touch of "Oh, look, a squirrel" in her. No tickets for her.

They aren't our blood granddaughters, but they might as well be---and yes, we worried about them too.

Comment

took me over a year to feel comfortable with my son driving on his own. he's 19 now and i'll let him hook the bass boat up and take out out every once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X