Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desert Bighorn Sheep-Doc’s shot at Carmen Island!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s awesome! Thanks for taking us along! Is that sheep the same category as the Texas one or a different one? I guess Rocky Mountain bighorn is a different one for the list? Man excited about your polar bear hunt! That will be cool!!

Comment

Congrats! Great write up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        That’s awesome! Thanks for taking us along! Is that sheep the same category as the Texas one or a different one? I guess Rocky Mountain bighorn is a different one for the list? Man excited about your polar bear hunt! That will be cool!!
        The desert bighorn sheep in Texas is the same species as the one in Mexico. However, there are several subspecies of Desert bighorn sheep. Rocky Mountain bighorns are a different animal.

Comment

Thank you for taking us along, happy for you and Elise!

Comment

Wanted to post this just to keep things straight. There are basically two big groups of North American wild sheep. Bighorns and thin horns. Then you break them down from there. I didn’t want to misspeak. The desert I just shot was a weemsi.

Comment

Thank you for sharing sir! Outstanding!

Comment

Thanks for taking us along doc...congrats again!

Comment

What an amazing story and write up! Almost felt like I was there, thanks for taking us along. And congrats on the ram, you had to work hard for that trophy.

Comment

That was entertaining! Great photography, along with the write-ups!

Comment

Awesome brother. Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Epic all the way around! Congratulations on your success, looks like an incredible trip! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Comment

Fantastic hunt! Fantastic write up! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                            Man, I have not gotten that far yet. I did have the ram skinned for a full body mount. I have my Texas Desert Ram coming and it’s a full body with the other grand slam shoulder mounts with it as one piece. I’m conflicted but that’s a good problem! I’m strongly considering a pedestal mount with some type of saguaro cactus in the mount and maybe even some of the shells my wife collected. Hell, I did shoot him on a desert island.
                            My vote is 100% full body!!!!
                            Congrats again on a great hunt

Comment

Man Doc!! Thanks for the recap!! And a huge congrats!!

Comment

Greatness!

Comment

Working...
                                X