No announcement yet.

Barndominium Build - Deep East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rain held us up a little bit last week but we got the pond finished today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just couldn’t help but to take a picture and smile!

God has definitely blessed me with way more than I deserve!

Comment

Another great update Cory. Can’t believe how manageable that red dirt looks. Appears the guy building the tank knows what he’s doing! Cool design. 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          Another great update Cory. Can’t believe how manageable that red dirt looks. Appears the guy building the tank knows what he’s doing! Cool design. [emoji106][emoji106]

Thank you sir. They are very good at what they do!

Comment

Adding more concrete.

22x24 front porch, 2-3x4 entryway’s, and a 20x40 commercial kitchen for the wife

Comment

Got the porch finished this evening.

Comment

this project goes a lot slower when you try to do as much as you can yourself to save money.

We got started on this wall after work yesterday ....going try to get more done this evening.

Cabinet maker has been bouncing around to a few jobs and is supposed to have ours finished on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
                  this project goes a lot slower when you try to do as much as you can yourself to save money.

We got started on this wall after work yesterday ....going try to get more done this evening.

Cabinet maker has been bouncing around to a few jobs and is supposed to have ours finished on Friday.

Allsome!

Comment

Very nice sir! One of the best threads I've read in a while...

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
                      Very nice sir! One of the best threads I've read in a while...

Thank you sir. I’ve enjoyed it for the most part and learned a lot on the way

Comment

Cabinets were hung today. Granite will be out in the morning to measure everything. This was the last big item of the build. Appliances were delivered yesterday so hopefully everything gets wrapped up fairly quick now

Comment

Just a few updated pictures of where the place is at.

Painters started yesterday with taping everything off and putting spackling on all the nail holes. 5 days and they should be out. Granite is cut and ready to install once paint gets through.

Also we had the US Automatics gate entry installed this week. No more getting out to open the gate.

Pond has finally settled in the bottom and it’s rising a little bit and really clearing up thanks to the little spring in the bottom.

I can see the end in sight!

Comment

Looking really good man. I really like the floors. They came out really good.

Did you have to put down anything in the pond to help hold water or does the red dirt do well with that. My old boss said they had to put down something like bentonite, but they also had a place in Doss where it is rocky.

J

Comment

Those floors look really nice. We are finishing up bank paperwork to build a new house. The last house we stained the floors. My wife wants to go with just sealed concrete for this house. If you don't mind me asking, What product or products did you use for your floor?

Comment

Originally posted by 4tonns View Post
                                Those floors look really nice. We are finishing up bank paperwork to build a new house. The last house we stained the floors. My wife wants to go with just sealed concrete for this house. If you don't mind me asking, What product or products did you use for your floor?

Let me check this evening when I go out and write back to you.

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                                Looking really good man. I really like the floors. They came out really good.

Did you have to put down anything in the pond to help hold water or does the red dirt do well with that. My old boss said they had to put down something like bentonite, but they also had a place in Doss where it is rocky.

J

Thanks man I appreciate it. I have a ton of red clay so I didn’t have to bring anything in. Clay seals off and the water will hold

Comment

Working...
                                X