Winchester 1873 value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winchester 1873 value?

What would you say this is worth? I am considering getting it, but I have never seen corrosion or rust that looks this silver. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Not a clue, I’ve never seen anything quite like that.

Comment

No ideal on price but would love to see more pics. That thing probably has an amazing history.

Comment

The reason that it is that color is that someone tried to remove the rust and took it to bare metal...there is no patina just bare metal. Looks like they worked on the wood too So as a collectors item at collectors prices it won't get what it would had they left it alone.

what is the caliber and serial number? Is the dust cover still there and does it work? Can't give you a price without knowing these things. Also can you post a picture of the entire barrel?

Comment

It's basically a cool wall hanger & pricing is in the eye of the beholder...can you even see the s/n or any roll stampings??

Comment

Ser # appears to be 336149B? I will try to post more pics. Thank you to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by hboy35 View Post
                    Ser # appears to be 336149B? I will try to post more pics. Thank you to everyone.

Comment

Comment

Appears to have been born in 1890...the B isn't part of the s/n but designates the matching barrel portion to the receiver which should have the same # minus the B..

Just think if it could tell stories...with what little I can tell of the quality / figure of the wood, it may very well have been a deluxe model although I doubt there would be much checkering if any left.
                        Last edited by Artos; 07-01-2020, 04:42 PM.

Comment

What Artos said. That burl in the stock shows it to have been a deluxe model and 1890 is correct.

Comment

Comment

I will post just a couple more. Greatly appreciate everyone s help.

Comment

Working...
                              X